What's new

ACT Loli Shota [excessm] 夢から醒めた亡者 / The dead who woke up from a dream - (RJ264906 / ...)

Troufas

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I disagree with the diversity claims, when you focus on some fetishes or "specialize" in them you end up making way way better quality content.

Shooting into all directions will usually give you mediocre products, this is not exclusive to hentai, diversity will lower quality, adding too much of it will even ruin a product.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I disagree with the diversity claims, when you focus on some fetishes or "specialize" in them you end up making way way better quality content.

Shooting into all directions will usually give you mediocre products, this is not exclusive to hentai, diversity will lower quality, adding too much of it will even ruin a product.
True but this is like the 5th game in the series. They were bound to switch things up sooner or later.

Triplebrc

Reputation score

I agree with the general statement, but in this case this does not really apply. The themes of excessm games were and always will be a masochist, femdom, bullying fetish, and some reverse rape in between, nothing changed in that regard aside from the balance shifting slightly, no new themes, the diversity we are talking about here is in the details and small variations of the fetishes presented, not some completely different fetish that would take the developer into unknown territory aside from the futa stuff maybe but that is not too far removed from the other femdom stuff. No one here asked for male on female domination, or turning things into actual battle fucks or some other fetish that would be a change of the formular, all enemies still have the same overall fetishes but I say it wouldn't hurt to make these girls look more different in terms of body type, or scenes, or personality, anything really, changing small things so that they are actually more memorable, otherwise many will go under with a massive roster of 45 enemies.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You're not wrong, but you're looking at it the wrong way.
Like Triplebrc said, this is still a 'femdom specialized' product. I doubt we'll stray away very far from that. There was romance elements in a few games, but they never felt out of place (Smash boy's partner or Parade buster's royalty).

Diversity is only a bad thing, when one tries to cater for too many tastes, while not being consistent enough (often because of lack of interest in what wasn't in the 'core' of the product). Quality does drop in that case - you could find examples among patreon devs who pay too much attention to their supporters' demands.

However, when you're dealing with a very restrictive niche like they do, it's a very good move to diversify the artstyle (for part of girls, at the very least). The same way an old couple would need to rekindle their old sex routine every so often.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
You're not wrong, but you're looking at it the wrong way.
Like Triplebrc said, this is still a 'femdom specialized' product. I doubt we'll stray away very far from that. There was romance elements in a few games, but they never felt out of place (Smash boy's partner or Parade buster's royalty).

Diversity is only a bad thing, when one tries to cater for too many tastes, while not being consistent enough (often because of lack of interest in what wasn't in the 'core' of the product). Quality does drop in that case - you could find examples among patreon devs who pay too much attention to their supporters' demands.

However, when you're dealing with a very restrictive niche like they do, it's a very good move to diversify the artstyle (for part of girls, at the very least). The same way an old couple would need to rekindle their old sex routine every so often.
Hmmm...

I don't think he's got a very broad strike zone himself so I'm not sure he'd be able to draw the bodies in appealing ways. For instance, people who like feet really know how to draw feet in a (I don't even like feet but I think this guy's representation is pretty good.) People who don't really can't.

I'd personally rather he sticks to things that appeal to him as an artist rather than strike out creating relatively less erotic content of stuff that doesn't appeal to him.

Also the push to make his content have broader appeal made him add those futa enemies which I'm not a fan of personally. So there's actually going to be enemies in the next game I'll want to have nothing to do with and that's a downer. I mean, it's not a dealbreaker or anything... TBQH, Monster Girl Quest has like... tons of monsters I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and I still love that game.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hmmm...

I don't think he's got a very broad strike zone himself so I'm not sure he'd be able to draw the bodies in appealing ways. For instance, people who like feet really know how to draw feet in a (I don't even like feet but I think this guy's representation is pretty good.) People who don't really can't.

I'd personally rather he sticks to things that appeal to him as an artist rather than strike out creating relatively less erotic content of stuff that doesn't appeal to him.

Also the push to make his content have broader appeal made him add those futa enemies which I'm not a fan of personally. So there's actually going to be enemies in the next game I'll want to have nothing to do with and that's a downer. I mean, it's not a dealbreaker or anything... TBQH, Monster Girl Quest has like... tons of monsters I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and I still love that game.
If you followed excessm's work, they did plenty of futa art and at least one or two futa doujins before. It's not forced or anything. This is all within the circle's usual work.

Monster Girl Quest is a bit different since they hire like 10 artists or something so there will be odd ones here and there.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Exactly. A dev doing whatever the hell he pleases, does a much better work than one that only strives to please.
I could do without 'some' content as well, but if they have fun with that, it's all good. We can tell from the ci-en posts that they're really motivated and were happy to bring their ideas to life.
(ps: I think the feet in Ashigei Shoujo are ugly though... They're not even feet anymore. Maybe a "too much of a good thing" circumstance?)

Aesthetic

Reputation score
If you followed excessm's work, they did plenty of futa art and at least one or two futa doujins before. It's not forced or anything. This is all within the circle's usual work.
I've only followed his games. This is news to me. Well I mean I still don't have a problem with it. Just personally disappointed which I think is completely reasonable.

(ps: I think the feet in Ashigei Shoujo are ugly though... They're not even feet anymore. Maybe a "too much of a good thing" circumstance?)
🤷‍♂️
Lol, I don't like feet. I just think it's decently drawn and the fact that he likes it comes across to me.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The is just a small description of the returning characters from the second game. The first is Lili, the final boss from Kariyume, now wearing a black outfit as opposed to her white outfit. The second character is Sharlay who only appeared in the opening cutscene where she got owned by the dream emperor. She's mad and is ready to slap somebody.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I really like his character designs. They're really simple but still visually effective and appealing.

I feel he's been relying a bit too heavily on bikini armor recently, I want more girls like the priests in his shooter game.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
well more like 8 because of time differences but its not always the case.