What's new

ACT Shota [ExcessM] 廻るハゴコロ / Mawaru Hagokoro (RJ325142)

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Soccer balls?! Knives, axes, and knuckles are fine but soccer balls is where I draw the line with cruel and unusual punishment. Where's your humanity?!
Yeah seriously.
Normal people just call them footballs.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Blood effects do not necessarily mean killing, most self damage effects in games involve blood appearing on the screen and yet in many of those the character does not die, but merely faint. I do not really need blood effects in a game like this, the enemies looking beat up and stripped off their clothes is enough for me, I do not mind them getting killed though if we play a ninja, as that is kinda what they do. The story is pretty vague so far, many characters in ExcessM games are brainwashed to some degree to act like sexual predators, so killing them while they are not fully in control of themselves is a bit messed up, but I doubt there is anything like that to be found here.

Reputation score
Brainwashing isn't really in any Excess-M works that I can recall. The women are just a bunch of horny shotacons and the protagonist always seems to have some kind of weakness to busting a nut. The first two games weren't matters of brainwashing (outside of the sister boss in the first one iirc), just a matter of being rewarded for making the MC blow his load and the cool spirit knight dudes' powers with it... But still, the idea straight up killing them does make my pp go soft.

Anyways, imo, this degree of fantasy violence is perfect for H-act. You get the satisfaction of winning the fight without the regret of killing or even seriously wounding people. They just get the fight knocked out of them and a couple of bruises at most. Oh, and their wardrobe is one outfit less.

The blood is cool but I don't think I'll have it enabled because it just looks out of place to me. And also because I don't wanna rip and tear hot anime babes.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
The blood is cool but I don't think I'll have it enabled because it just looks out of place to me.
What's weird to me is that he put in all this effort to include it... and... it's disabled by default cause even he thinks it's too much...

Anyone put off by the color imbalance of all the enemies in the screenshots? I wish he enabled comments on his ci-en or took twitter messages or something. I'm guessing after getting a bunch of idiots rail on him for the english translation for Yumesame even though he paid DLsite already, he's shut off communications T_T

I honestly think all these characters should have defined color schemes instead of just being randomly colored. Random colorizations look aweful. I also really hate the "belt-necklace" on the Ashigaru. I know clothing destruction is a thing in this game since you can destroy a girl's top while they're still capable of fighting, but man, something about some of these design decisions don't make sense for me.

It could just be Ashigaru though. Samurai general looks fantastic.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Mind control? Oh, the cruelty.
So far MC was (chronologically) used as a shota-sized dildo by an oversized mantis, got his spine broken by loving bearhugs, was suffocated through ass/tits/feet smothering, had his balls tenderized (see below - not NSFW!), got pegged by an huge horsey dong...
It's always fun to notice how gender-biased both devs and player are :LOL:

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Mind control? Oh, the cruelty.
It's always fun to notice how gender-biased both devs and player are :LOL:
I agree, which is one more reason I look forward to inflict more damage to the girls, because they are basically kiddie fiddling rapists and some revenge is long overdue. The ones under mind control do not really act out of their own free will though, so slicing them up when they can't help it is slightly messed up, but then again I have done far worse things in these types of games. I had this discussion with someone before, about shotas getting rather shitty treatment, but it is tricky to fully convince femdom fans that boys getting killed is messed up, as that often is part of their fetish, they only recognize it if it is done to girls. Not that I wanna blame anyone for his fetish, but as you said, the double standards are quite funny to watch at times.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
No, it is not. I won't start a fertile debate, but this is "Onee x Shota", a genre proper with history in Japan - a longer history than the narrow-minded, male-perspective focused "reverse rape".
Here's an example of a different perspective:

Partly thanks to that, ExcessM manages to create likeable characters, be it the " ganbatte!!" ballsy MC or the extremely diverse onee-sans. Immersion is made easier in a coherent world, which is only possible with proper understanding of what kind of game you're developing. Not to mention some insight about what's going on in the females' head.
That's where zzinzinz excels: they know what they like, understand it well, and as a result they manage to gather much more players/customers than the average competition in similar categories - that would otherwise be very restrictive.
In short: broad horizons open up opportunitites. A narrow mind, shuts 'em out.

Aaanyway, I was kind of hoping the "personalities" concept would be used to give the player some limited control over what happens. Like, having overall more sweet kiss-needy girls, or more aggressive ones less interested in body contact (other than with their fists). I'd be surprised if they weren't planning to make the most out of the new mechanics.
I'll be turning on the blood btw. Fite me.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
No, it is not. I won't start a fertile debate, but this is "Onee x Shota", a genre proper with history in Japan - a longer history than the narrow-minded, male-perspective focused "reverse rape".
Here's an example of a different perspective:

Partly thanks to that, ExcessM manages to create likeable characters, be it the " ganbatte!!" ballsy MC or the extremely diverse onee-sans. Immersion is made easier in a coherent world, which is only possible with proper understanding of what kind of game you're developing. Not to mention some insight about what's going on in the females' head.
That's where zzinzinz excels: they know what they like, understand it well, and as a result they manage to gather much more players/customers than the average competition in similar categories - that would otherwise be very restrictive.

Aaanyway, I was kind of hoping the "personalities" concept would be used to give the player some limited control over what happens. Like, having overall more sweet kiss-needy girls, or more aggressive ones less interested in body contact (other than with their fists). I'd be surprised if they weren't planning to make the most out of the new mechanics.
Yumesame Tags.png
His Ci-En doesn't have the tag because not ALL of his games would have those themes.
The Yakyuuken game doesn't even have sex.

Google translated "reverse without" is actually "No Reversal" in english Dlsite.
Reverse Rape is reverse rape.

I also know that Onee-Shota has a long history.

Not all Onee-Shota are female assertive though. In fact there's a Netori onee-shota where the shota steals a wife from a husband who's always away and gangbangs her with other shotas. It's done by Black Lillith or something. I made the mistake of making an assumption on Onee-shota. XD
Anyways, while a good amount of onee-shota are female assertive it doesn't mean that's the main expectation.
Just like how monster girls doesn't mean female assertive. Developers like Scar, Rusimarudou and Dystopia Story exist.

All Onee-Shota means is older lady with younger boy.
This is coming out quite unprompted.
What about my statement brought about this line of thought?

In ExcessM's games the women are assertive, and the sexual content is primarily female assertive. Makes perfect sense to assume the girls are going to be more aggressive in their actions in comparison to the men when it comes to the content. The gender bias is obviously going to exist.

Last edited:

Triplebrc

Reputation score
In ExcessM's games the women are assertive, and the sexual content is primarily female assertive. Makes perfect sense to assume the girls are going to be more aggressive in their actions in comparison to the men when it comes to the content. The gender bias is obviously going to exist.
Not my place to speak for the guy, but I am quite certain that the bias he is talking about is not the scenes being, as expected, female assertive, but because of the devs and some players reaction to the blood option. The dev has it off by default despite putting work into it, as if it was something extremely unusual and offputting like vore or scat, indicating that he is very uncomfortable with it and expect it to be a deal breaker for a big part of his audience. Players already talk about how a bit of a blood effect on the women makes them squeemish, or their dick limp, despite the females in these games regularly killing, crippling, or enslaving the boy for live, or even assfucking the poor guy with a massive horsedick like in that one scene. That is all fine, but a bit of blood is already a no no, that is something I, as an advocate of more equal opportunity infliction of punishment against both sexes, find quite amusing and understandable to call out. Not that I mind it being an option of course, more choice to customize an experience is always to be celebrated, but I do find it quite telling nonetheless.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
That is all fine, but a bit of blood is already a no no, that is something I, as an advocate of more equal opportunity infliction of punishment against both sexes, find quite amusing and understandable to call out.
I mean... I wrote it's clearly biased, and it makes sense for that bias to exist?

Like in normal rape games, you expect the males and monsters to be asshole dickheads who sexually assault the player, but the player is usually righteous and a good person. Like in Bitch Police by Oneone1 the heroine defeats enemies by making them cum, while when the heroine loses she gets kidnapped and turned into a sex slave.

Nobody calls it out in those games cause duh, that's part of the expectation coming from the sexual content those games focus on.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
<reverse rape>
<no reversal>
Ugh... I was annoyed because the very reason I tolerate - and even like! - ExcessM's works, is precisly what does not fit in these tiny boxes.
My apologies, I should definitely have known better.

This was the important, in-topic part. We've seen since Parade Buster some timid attempts to give the player some control over the enemies and the H. Most of these weren't integrated in the story, but rather in side-quests and such.
I'd like to see the personalities system expand on that, so I'd be elated if my guess was correct.

Last edited:
OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Ugh... I was annoyed because the very reason I tolerate - and even like! - ExcessM's works, is precisly what does not fit in these tiny boxes.
That's quite unexpected.
You didn't expect the tags "reverse rape" and "no reversal" on works made by a guy that calls himself ExcessM?

Also, I hope I don't sound offensive, as I am truly curious, but what content of his doesn't fit under those boxes?
We've seen since Parade Buster some timid attempts to give the player some control over the enemies and the H. Most of these weren't integrated in the story, but rather in side-quests and such.
Are you talking about the difference between the player getting sexed after he gets downed and the player starting sex through sidequests?
The hero in these games are never in control, even in the love scenes, which are traditionally missionary for works of other developers.

My guess when it comes to personality, is probably just "difference in dialogue" and battle personality.

I doubt personality will change the sexual content of the characters. For instance, if Ashigaru doesn't have a kiss scene, no "personality" will involve kissing. I assume the variation will not extend to the adult content of the game directly, but indirectly through dialogue and maybe facial expressions.

Last edited:

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This goes into some detail about reconnaissance missions where the player can snoop around enemy territory . The more recon he does, the more his stats increase. If he's feeling particularly gutsy, he can attempt to take out enemies who will probably attack him in great numbers since he's on their territory now. Is the risk worth the reward?

shinryu

Reputation score
This goes into some detail about reconnaissance missions where the player can snoop around enemy territory . The more recon he does, the more his stats increase. If he's feeling particularly gutsy, he can attempt to take out enemies who will probably attack him in great numbers since he's on their territory now. Is the risk worth the reward?
huh so more info on thee nemy the better we can plan the attack not gonna lie as a major ninja fan this is really cool

Triplebrc

Reputation score
What I hope for is that the game can be edited a bit with unity, Unity is pretty easy to get into as far as I know, so adding minor stuff should be easy. I am specifically thinking about custom quests, since quests were some of the more fun parts of Parade Buster due to them adding more context to the ever same looking enemies and making it a bit more interesting, though sadly except one quest none of them had their own defeat scenes, dlc introductions for extra enemies excluded. Getting custom quests in, using available characters and dialogue as well as the animations for defeat scenes should be easy with unity and would greatly improve the experience for me. Not that I mind the devs scenes, but many of them lacked a bit of character and creativity for me.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Unity is pretty easy to get into as far as I know, so adding minor stuff should be easy. I am specifically thinking about custom quests, since quests were some of the more fun parts of Parade Buster due to them adding more context to the ever same looking enemies and making it a bit more interesting,
I know it's practically impossible, but I think you should attempt to contact ExcessM if you plan on modding the game.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
I know it's practically impossible, but I think you should attempt to contact ExcessM if you plan on modding the game.
Even if I was willing to contact him, he only speaks japanese and my japanese knowledge is too limited to have an actual conversation in the language, machine translations mangle most things way too much. I doubt that I need his help to modify the game data anyway, as I have experience modding games and unity does not have a reputation of being hard to work with, nor do I feel like I need his permission either because I do not plan on distributing the game with these most minor of additions. Gotta say though, having custom quests from other people available to download like back then with the original monster girl quest trilogy is an intriguing thought, but goes way beyond the dozen quests or so I would have intended to make for my own entertainment.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Even if I was willing to contact him, he only speaks japanese and my japanese knowledge is too limited to have an actual conversation in the language, machine translations mangle most things way too much. I doubt that I need his help to modify the game data anyway, as I have experience modding games and unity does not have a reputation of being hard to work with, nor do I feel like I need his permission either because I do not plan on distributing the game with these most minor of additions. Gotta say though, having custom quests from other people available to download like back then with the original monster girl quest trilogy is an intriguing thought, but goes way beyond the dozen quests or so I would have intended to make for my own entertainment.
Japanese content creators are just pretty sensitive to that stuff is all.
Forest of Blue Skin had mods at one point, and Zell got really unhappy with its existence. He shut that down right quick.
Same thing with ROBF.
I feel like asking would at least let him know that it's a thing that exists... You wouldn't need to speak in full sentences either... google translate would do most of the work.

I just don't want his perception of the west to warp to the point that he avoids trying to create english language versions of his games in the future.