What's new

ACT Shota [ExcessM] 廻るハゴコロ / Mawaru Hagokoro (RJ325142)

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I hope we get another crossdressing scene.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
And I hope we get to see shota-kun step in a steampunk-Edo time machine, and come out 10-15 years older for the rest of the game.
(your dream is much more likely to come true, tho, if
Lucky you!)

Last edited:
OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
And I hope we get to see shota-kun step in a steampunk-Edo time machine, and come out 10-15 years older for the rest of the game.
(your dream is much more likely to come true, tho, if
Lucky you!)
Mind if I ask where that time machine idea's coming from? Or is it that you just don't personally like shotas or something?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I ain't kink-shaming anyone, dw. About time machines, just read your
I'm adamant that only one character in the above gif is elegible for s@x, barely even, but that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree, as long as you keep RL out of it.
Have another read of what Dan Druff and Zealous_Fervor said, if anything; and let's close the off-topic.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That guy was messing about in unity and made his game. It's got nothing to do with risks, and personally I think it's rude to the developer to even insinuate as such. Making games isn't easy. Obviously when you do make your game you'll put in what you like as a person. He just made what he himself liked sexually (mostly foreplay since a little over 70% of that game is foreplay). The creator of SHRIFT also does not include futa on male, or hideous 70 year old women raping men, even if he has vore in his game and his heroines are more monstrous (which is quite a risk.)
Shimofumi-ya promised an English version of the game and then went silent for the last eight months but still insisted on taking subscribers' money. At least Excess-M abolished the paid plan after feeling bad over taking the money in the first place. At this point it really doesn't matter what you think I like unless I make my own game. I actually agree with most of your counterpoints. Is it not bothersome for new people to emerge only to make the same stuff as everyone else? ZUN created Touhou because he couldn't find a game he liked, so he made his own. Most reverse-rape games were RPG Maker where you only read about stuff happening to the male character, or the male character had a female companion whose sole purpose was to take all the sexual abuse. There weren't too many reverse-rape action games until zzinzinz released Onesyota. Shiganoma made Pandora's Forest to fill a void - there was no game that heavily featured futa-on-male. Sometimes people don't realize what they like until someone makes something different.
Have another read of what Dan Druff and Zealous_Fervor said, if anything, and let's close the off-topic.
I keep having to eat crow after complaining about the lack of feet content in Smash Boy. This is the second one to focus on feet. Blood seems a bit much if the enemies are just stepping on him, so players can choose magic effects instead.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If it's about boys & feet, you might be interested in knowing Tsurumura Saki, the one behind that foot-centric SYOTA FIGHT, has risen from the grave:

I kinda hope zinzinz/ExcessM won't lean too much towards the darker (peggier, if that was a word), bloodier side of femdom, but the guy(s) doing whatever he wants led to great results in terms of game quality so far. The lesser of two evils.
If anything, I wish using Unity won't be an issue for the end product; and that we get a more challenging difficulty / better curve than Parade Buster.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Is it not bothersome for new people to emerge only to make the same stuff as everyone else?
Absolutely not. All you need is passion for what you're making. You'll always add a touch of individualism in there no matter what because that's how creative works are.

If anything, I wish using Unity won't be an issue for the end product; and that we get a more challenging difficulty / better curve than Parade Buster.
His engine use has definitely had a large impact on the kind of games he's made.
For instance, when he was working with 2DFighterMaker2nd for OneeShota and Kariyume, there were no RPG mechanics and the game was structured more like an arcade game. This is because of 2DFighterMaker's general design limitations.
When he moved to WolfRPG which has built-in support for stats, item, and level management, his games all had stats and level management.

Unity is just a toolset. It doesn't come built in with anything that helps make any single "type" of game, so if you want stats, items and level management you'll have to program that in yourself. This will definitely affect the kind of game Hagokoro is. If his history is anything to go buy, I think he prefers more action-oriented arcade experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if Hagokoro doesn't have any form of stat management and better game balance as a result. I expect the weapons will be the primary sources of "power progression" in the game.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
His engine use has definitely had a large impact on the kind of games he's made. For instance, when he was working with 2DFighterMaker2nd for Onesyota and Kariyume, there were no RPG mechanics and the game was structured more like an arcade game. This is because of 2DFighterMaker's general design limitations. When he moved to WolfRPG which has built-in support for stats, item, and level management, his games all had stats and level management. Unity is just a toolset. It doesn't come built in with anything that helps make any single "type" of game, so if you want stats, items and level management you'll have to program that in yourself. This will definitely affect the kind of game Hagokoro is. If his history is anything to go buy, I think he prefers more action-oriented arcade experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if Hagokoro doesn't have any form of stat management and better game balance as a result. I expect the weapons will be the primary sources of "power progression" in the game.
This focuses on the battle system. There are three types of fighting schools: soft, fast, and go. Soft appears to be a passive style where the player can parry enemy attacks. Fast is weaker because it does not consume energy, but the player can stun the enemy with rapid attacks. Go is the style that does the most damage. Schools are assigned to particular weapons. The school system seems to be similar to the weapon triangle from Fire Emblem where enemies will also be assigned schools, and the best way to deal with the enemy is to use the correct school.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Unity is just a toolset. It doesn't come built in with anything that helps make any single "type" of game, so if you want stats, items and level management you'll have to program that in yourself. This will definitely affect the kind of game Hagokoro is. If his history is anything to go buy, I think he prefers more action-oriented arcade experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if Hagokoro doesn't have any form of stat management and better game balance as a result. I expect the weapons will be the primary sources of "power progression" in the game.
stat tracking is probably one of the easiest things to implement in Unity. If that's what they want, it'll have it.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This mentions a color scheme which appears to be a seduction attack from the enemy. It's easy to guard, but it really stuns the player if it connects.

Last edited:
OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
stat tracking is probably one of the easiest things to implement in Unity. If that's what they want, it'll have it.
I think you underestimate how much work it is to create and regulate efficient databases. RPG Maker and WOLFRPG do more for the developer than people give those two programs credit for.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
The latest post talking about the seductive techniques used by enemies really got me into hype mode. I always liked that mechanic in Parade Buster even though it was not balanced all that well, and most enemies were not nearly showing enough to justify it having any effect on someone. Seems like it will have much more of an impact this time, especially when fighting against groups which seems to increase the frequency of it happening even more. In the picture thats shown in the post, the dev talks about how each enemy will randomly get one of 3 different personalities assigned to her that will decide how frequently the seduction is used by said enemy, giving the option between: shy, who uses is rarely, normal, who uses it normally, and wild who uses it often.
This means luck is a factor when it comes to fights against groups, as I imagine having many wild enemies will make for a different experience when compared to having many shy ones, though if the other games are anything to go by I doubt the difficulty will be anywhere near high enough for that to actually turn into a roadblock,

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
The latest post talking about the seductive techniques used by enemies really got me into hype mode. I always liked that mechanic in Parade Buster even though it was not balanced all that well, and most enemies were not nearly showing enough to justify it having any effect on someone. Seems like it will have much more of an impact this time, especially when fighting against groups which seems to increase the frequency of it happening even more. In the picture thats shown in the post, the dev talks about how each enemy will randomly get one of 3 different personalities assigned to her that will decide how frequently the seduction is used by said enemy, giving the option between: shy, who uses is rarely, normal, who uses it normally, and wild who uses it often.
This means luck is a factor when it comes to fights against groups, as I imagine having many wild enemies will make for a different experience when compared to having many shy ones, though if the other games are anything to go by I doubt the difficulty will be anywhere near high enough for that to actually turn into a roadblock,
Interesting. Not only are there 3 weapons to switch between mid battle depending on the circumstance and your playstyle, but 3 personality types to be cautious of when fighting.

Still... I can't help but feel all these mechanics won't mean much in the end when you counter click everything into oblivion. Though that pessimism is slightly unwarranted. This game's being designed from the ground up, so its balance is probably going to be better than previous games.

ShionK

Reputation score
Was there ever a release date or did I miss that memo somewhere?

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Still... I can't help but feel all these mechanics won't mean much in the end when you counter click everything into oblivion. Though that pessimism is slightly unwarranted. This game's being designed from the ground up, so its balance is probably going to be better than previous games.
That is pretty likely to happen, but I did not mind that too much in Parade Buster. Most games have some very easy ways to get rid of all challenges, balance is very tricky to get right, but if that is impacting the fun you are having then there is always the option not to abuse the enemies. I do of course hope that it will be improved, but to be quite honest the scenes and interactions are more important to me than the gameplay.

Was there ever a release date or did I miss that memo somewhere?
Not a specific date. As of now, the only thing I ever read about the release was that it is scheduled 2020-21, which in the best case situation means it will be playable before the year is over, and in the worst case it will take well over a year.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah the system looks very promising.
Definitely a huge upgrade from Parade Buster that was just abusing your invulnerability while clicking your enemies to death.
And a higher difficulty was just a test of endurance of how long you finger can spam Mouse 1.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Yeah the system looks very promising.
Definitely a huge upgrade from Parade Buster that was just abusing your invulnerability while clicking your enemies to death.
And a higher difficulty was just a test of endurance of how long you finger can spam Mouse 1.
We don't know if that's not the case still.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
New post tomorrow (!), about adding color variations to enemies.
We haven't seen that since Kariyume, and we've been been fighting armies of indistinguishable clones ever since Parade Buster... Definitely a must to implement if they can do so.

That really looks like Parade Buster; I hope there'll be a few gimmicks like the ones in YAKYUKEN ( ) to spice up the battles. They got repetitive/unchallenging pretty fast, once you got used to the counter system.
While I think about it: has anyone managed to run Yakyuken fullscreen? Resizing the screen screws up the display (x,y) for me - making battles unplayable.

Last edited:
OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
They got repetitive/unchallenging pretty fast, once you got used to the counter system.
That's the main complaint I'm hearing about on the western side for sure. He doesn't allow comments on his Ci-En so I don't know if it's the same on the Eastern side though. Interestingly enough we know for a fact that counters are returning. We just don't know if FLASH or any such equivalent is returning.

What's more interesting for me is the fact that the texture quality is so varied.
I mean look here.

The girl's skin and body's fine, but her belt and necklace thing look resized. The belt especially does not look very good with those jagged edges and whatnot. In fact, this is a pretty big problem overall in the game since the characters move closer and away from the screen, and he's using low resolution textures at close range pretty often. He never saw it as a problem in his Yakyuken game so maybe he just doesn't think it looks bad? I mean... it looks pretty bad to me... I hope it's fixed as the game goes on.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Do you think the focus on darker skin is also for the Western audience? Mixing and matching individual parts appears to be the easier way to introduce variations of enemies as opposed to drawing full models of different variations.