What's new

Expedition to the Dungeon of Lust

FireoftheMonkey

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Expedition to the Dungeon of Lust

C or B are probably the best options at this point in time, don't really like D as there are still three of them here and that could so easily backfire.

So at the moment gonna vote C, goblins are cowards by nature, at least from the newer editions of DnD. So ideally proving such strength would help us intimidate them into serving us, or something like that.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Always fun to use the old noggin. But yea about the modifier, does that just get added on to our roll? So we get a +2 to push goblin boss into the vines? I've only got experience with 4E D&D. I have to google THAC0 EVERY time to figure it out haha.

OP
A

Antipode

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Always fun to use the old noggin. But yea about the modifier, does that just get added on to our roll? So we get a +2 to push goblin boss into the vines? I've only got experience with 4E D&D. I have to google THAC0 EVERY time to figure it out haha.
Oh right! Sorry, I forgot... I was mostly just planning to use a Strength check. Roll under her strength score to succeed.

And honestly, THAC0 isn't that bad. It just tells you what you need to roll to hit AC 0. From there, you just subtract the AC from the score. So, if you have THAC0 17, and they have a 6, it's 17-6, so 11 needed to hit. It's simple, and when I play the game with people, I just have them write down the one number, and tell me if I forget it, so I can do the math myself, making it easier on them. It helps that I'm really fast at basic math.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, so you want the higher stat and the lower roll. This is vastly different from 4E. Okay, cool, got it!

OH
That does make sense, I guess it's just a foreign concept to just going for the high stats.

OP
A

Antipode

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ah, so you want the higher stat and the lower roll. This is vastly different from 4E. Okay, cool, got it!

OH
That does make sense, I guess it's just a foreign concept to just going for the high stats.
Yeah, it's really different than 4E, in a sense... but the whole roll better than the enemy's AC is still in place, just using a different naming convention. Honestly, ascending AC is more elegant, and an improvement, but THAC0 -which is actually an improvement from 2nd Ed that is simply easy to use with Basic- isn't really hard to deal with, and of course descending AC means that you probably won't have as much numbers creep, since it's psychologically off-putting to make negative AC's.

Still, something like a bull rush has no "rules" for it, so it's something of a personal thing... in other words, I'm utilizing something simple, roll under stat, to deal with an ad-hoc idea, the sort a player would ask to do.

Because obviously, if someone said "I want to push the goblin who's standing at the edge off the cliff!" I wouldn't say "you can't do that because rules" since Basic really doesn't have that kind of restriction. It's just a "let's see if you can" sort of ruleset, quite simple and with very few actual rules. It's also unlike 3E that way, which had rules for everything. Want to farm for a week? There's a rule that can deal with it. (skill checks, following the profession [whatever] skill, in this case farming!)

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think D could risk getting caught by the tentacle ourselves. All the other could have advantages A or C

OP
A

Antipode

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think D could risk getting caught by the tentacle ourselves. All the other could have advantages A or C
So which are you going with? Sorry, I cannot tell from your post!

Kln

Reputation score

Mmm, decisions, decisions.

D would be fun, but counterproductive. A is too dangerous, and I don't think B will happen.

So, let's be merciful and bet on the goblins being grateful

C

maxentius-septimus

Reputation score

Sorry was meant to be A or C whichever had the most support so C

moonblack

Reputation score

C - it seems the best (for a given value of the word) choice. Hopefully turning the plants will also allow us to pass through the room safely.

Kidlatkid56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Since Olivia is a priest I feel that C is best option. Not that strong, and surely worshipping the Gods, as well as doing a good deed will be good for her agenda?

OP
A

Antipode

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So! Life gets in the way sometimes, sorry about that. :)

The crowd has spoken! C has been chosen

"All of you, stand back," Olivia suddenly said. It was as though she made a snap decision, one that she knew she could do. She felt the powers of the tentacled plants, the thrumming energy of their lustful making. It was something she could control. Something she could banish. That was a gift from her gods, the power that she knew she had come here to use. Yes, the powers of lust were great. Yes, sometimes her frail form was too weak to avoid giving in. But it did not matter! She had the power of the gods to bolster her weakness. They forgave and understood human frailty, but they were here to make her something greater. So she spoke, in a voice almost unknown to her. A voice channeling her gods.

"Away with you. Let him be, and begone from mine sight." And so her power exploded out of her, a lilac energy that consumed the room around it, fighting with the suddenly visible pink aura of the dungeon. The goblins behind her cowered. Even the girl she held beside her stirred, eyes widened by the strength behind her voice.

Turning roll... 3! FAILURE

Olivia felt tight, like a rubber band pulled at its limit. The lilac aura thrummed as it radiated from her, and then, in the blink of an eye the power snapped, and she gasped. The pink radiance overwhelmed her own, consumed it. The power she used had failed, her own personal might not enough to overcome that of the tentacles.

"This cannot be... have the gods abandoned me...?" She cried out, fear, terror in her voice. No, there was no feedback. No, she was no more weakened by her failure. But her morale faltered, fear crept back into her face. It was only when she felt a hand against her hair, and in shock glanced at the girl beside her that she regained herself. For the girl moved her hand to Olivia's cheek, a brief caress. Not sexual, even in this dungeon. But of comfort, even from one whose mind was still clouded.

Nonetheless, there was no more a chance to overpower the creatures. And with her presence now known, the nearby plants began to grew restive, petals opening, vines writhing, pitchers quivering, woman-traps snapping. The goblins knew that there was nothing more to be done. They ran, abandoning Olivia and the pink-haired girl. But Olivia bolstered herself. For it was time to make a choice.

A.) Retreat! - The goblins have the right idea. This was a failure, and it is time to try a different way out. Hopefully the goblins accept that you tried to save one of their number?

B.) Charge Forth! - Screw it. Make a dash for it, pulling the girl along with you! Maybe you can make it to the other side safely?

C.) Fight Your Way Through! - Attack the nearest plant, and kill all the ones between you and the central plaza with its statue. There are only three, not counting the one molesting the one goblin even now...

D.) Abandon the Girl! - You would never throw her into the plants. But you could push her back out of the way, hoping she'd flee, and then charge through on your own, unhampered. You had walked through the plants before with no difficulty, even as they grew active. If you run alone, you can make it, but at what cost?

Statistics:
Acolyte (Cleric 1)
HP: 5/6
Armor Class: 1
THAC0: 17
Alignment: Lawful
XP: 215/1500
GP: 20

Strength: 16 (+2)
Intelligence: 7 (-1)
Wisdom: 16 (+2)
Dexterity: 9 (+0)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 13 (+1)

Turning Undead (and more!)

Sister Olivia has the supernatural power to channel the radiant might of her gods against the forces of the undead. If she is successful, the undead forces will flee from her, and will not touch her even if cornered.

To do this, one must roll 2d6, and reach a number higher than the undead creature's required number. For example, a skeleton requires a 7, a zombie an 8 at this level.

Thankfully, due to the gods' grace, this power is even greater within the dungeon. Creatures of lust will react just as undead, and be turned too!

Equipment:
Mace: 1d6+2
Full Plate
Shield +1
Holy Symbol
Wicker Golem Adventurer's Pack (backpack, small retractable tent, flint and steel, 50 ft rope, climbing hooks, 8 torches, 3 days iron rations)

Hair: White (dyed, for purity!)
Breasts: C cups
Height: 5'4
Body type: curvy
Virgin: no (she was a bad girl)

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

C. If the girl can...distract... one or two of them, I don't think it would be too difficult to beat up the other plants and then help her.

Also, welcome back! Glad this has started back up!

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

C We should be able to whack these things into submission easy enough.

I'm also a bit curious. The stats looks kinda like AD&D stats, but even though Sister Olivia is a cleric there's no note about spell casting. What gives?

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Charge! If our words cannot banish them, let our blade do the talking!