What's new

Fable 2

dogstile

Lurker
Reputation score
i wanted to post this here, for some reason, also as a piece of advice

/rant fable 2 is, unfortunately, broken. i have managed to get through the first in game cutscene, and halfway through the merchant cutscene, which took me roughly 20 times, the game is just freezing on me, constantly

if you have an xbox 360 and your considering buying this game, hold out until christmas for a patch that will apparently fix the bugs, then wait a bit longer, as the last patched caused more

also, \rant

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: Fable 2

Sucks to be you. Me nor anyone i know has had this problem, although they have just had general issues with the game crashing.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

I haven't had a single problem. Finished the main quest sometime last week...

OP
D

dogstile

Lurker
Reputation score

pretty much, when the game crash's, i ether get a blue, red or pink screen with lines running down it, or the game literally just freezing, along with a beep

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I recommend cleaning the disk. Check it for scratches too. I was lcuky enough to get a used copy of the collectors edition with an intact promotional card, so I get to run around in Mjolnir armor for $5 less. The sword sucks though, just for general reference.

Murazor

Lurker
Reputation score

i havent yet had any real problem with fable 2 but it does freeze when i try do complex co-op things :(

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

i have no problem with my copy
also...
the demon door that you have to play the lute in fount of is pure WIN!!!

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Uhm...

...I've played and beaten Fable 2 four times now...

...You just have shitty luck.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I don't have it, but I plan on getting the PC version.

Yeah, it's 'cause I don't have a 360, but I tend to buy the PC version of a game if it's available anyways.

The PC version usually seems better, in my opinion. Like with the first Fable. Got it for PC, and had lots more fun than when I tried it on the XBOX.
The controls just seem better to me. Then again, I may just be used to the computer more than the consoles, so meh.
Didn't have a console to play 'till I started High School, and even then it was just Nintendo.
..... Yes, the first Nintendo, not GC, not 64, just Nintendo.
But anyways.

Fable 2 seems like it'll be fun, but according to Yahtzee, you can't kill your own child, which makes no sense to me. I can murder my wife, as well as my neighbor, but not my kid..... wtf.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The PC version usually seems better, in my opinion. Like with the first Fable. Got it for PC, and had lots more fun than when I tried it on the XBOX.
The controls just seem better to me.
This is not uncommon at all. Given the wider range of available choices, it's actually fairly likely that a PC version of a game has smoother, or 'better', controls than a console version. Just one of the limitations of consoles. Plus, for those so inclined, a PC version is usually much easier to mod than a console version.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Fable 2 seems like it'll be fun, but according to Yahtzee, you can't kill your own child, which makes no sense to me. I can murder my wife, as well as my neighbor, but not my kid..... wtf.
No killing children in video games. It's one of the first thing the ESRB looks at, and why the first Fable was nearly banned in America.

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

Just sharing the full-of-bile but usually right on the money Zero Punctuation review of Fable 2.

OP
D

dogstile

Lurker
Reputation score

you guys were right, i do have shitty luck

not only does it not work, its also bricked my console it seems

thats right, 4 red rings, excellent!

also, the disc was brand new, and if you look on lionheads forums, it has to be one of the buggiest games of the year

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

4 red rings is the video cable being accidentally unplugged. You mean 3 rings? That's the fatal hardware error.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Could it just be a bad disk? My Roommate's copy works fine.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

No killing children in video games. It's one of the first thing the ESRB looks at, and why the first Fable was nearly banned in America.
Well then, I guess I`ll just kill off the villages except for one woman in each, and make it look like I`ve been really busy, what with me being the only man around, and all those children running around XD

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Just be sure to keep plenty of vitamin E around after you kill all the men.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well then, I guess I`ll just kill off the villages except for one woman in each, and make it look like I`ve been really busy, what with me being the only man around, and all those children running around XD
>.> 3 children per family... Plus after each one, your chances to get another kid are less.

Ahhh, Gamefaqs, where would I be without your pointless dribble?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Wouldn`t the other families have children as well, though? I just mean it`d look like I`d been busier than I actually was :p