What's new

Fear of the Dark, Modern Day Occult Tentacle Horror RP

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Fear of the Dark, Modern Day Occult Tentacle Horror RP

I was wondering why I missed Sabrina, because I forgot that you left a placeholder post. :p She looks okay, except that her Arousal Threshold should be 10 points higher (7+6+7 = 20 * 3 = 60).
I adjusted to 50 because of the horny flaw

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

maybe a stupid question

the characters will gain exp or they will stay in the same level?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Okay, Physical 8 costs 11 points, Mental 7 costs 9 points and Spiritual 7 likewise costs 9. So that's 29 points. 40 - 29 = 11 points remaining for later.

To figure out combat value, you add all three stats first, so 8+7+7 = 22. That number is then divided by 3 to make 7 (after you round down). Finally you subtract 2 from that number to get the final result of 5.

You select the +2 Attack option, making your Attack Value 7 and leaving your Defense Value at 5.

Health, Energy and Arousal Threshold look fine for the base values. Let's leave them at base for right now since they might change later.

Major is 2 points, Minor is 1 point. Skills. . . I'm a little confused on what you want there. If you bought one level of Awareness, Computers and Stealt (+2 to each check), that would cost 3 points. Training with Handguns would cost 1 point for +5 damage. Training with defense against firearms would likewise cost 1 point. Toughness is another 1 point (and should then add +10 Health), Focus is also 1 point (and then adds +10 to energy). Sensitive costs 2 points (since it's a trait). The individual equipment costs 1 for the Dorm, 2 for the Laptop, 2 for the Scooter, 2 for the Magnum and 1 for the switchblade, making a total cost for equipment of 8 points.

So to redo the character sheet, just listing point costs it would look like this:

Physical: 8, 11 pts.
Mental: 7, 9 pts.
Spiritual: 7, 9 pts.

Total for Base Attributes: 11+9+9 = 29 points

Major: +5 to Graphic Arts, 2 pts.
Minor: +3 to Gymnastics, 1 pt.
Skill: +2 to Awareness, 1 pt.
Skill: +2 to Computers, 1 pt.
Skill: +2 to Stealth, 1 pt.
Training: +5 Bonus damage with handguns, 1 pt.
Training: +1 Bonus defense against firearms, 1 pt.
Toughness: +10 Health, 1 pt.
Focus: +10 Energy, 1 pt.
Equipment: Single Dorm Room, 1 pt.
Equipment: Laptop, 2 pts.
Equipment: Scooter, 2 pts.
Equipment: Magnum, 10 damage, 2 pts.
Equipment: Switchblade, 5 damage, 1 pt.
Total Elective Attribute Cost: 2+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+2+2+2+1 = 18 Character Points.

Finally the flaws; they're both good flaws. That would add two more character points to your pool.

Total Character Points Spent: 29 + 18 = 47. Total Bonus Points from Flaws = 2. So 47-2 = 45 leaves you 5 points over (and that's assuming you're just buying each of the skills once).
The original idea was to buy each skill for the number near it, but as I'm allready over, that seems a little debunked. and I misread the divide part as only dividing the Spiritual stat. XP At least it's not as bad as Siphon registered. I'll make the changes, maybe add another flaw and get rid of an item.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Double Toast, I fixed it

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For whatever reason I registered skills as being 2 points there for each of Lurkers three.

Don't know how I miscounted the other 5 then, but that is why Janna is the one running this and I am not, haha. It's also why I shouldn't try working on these kind of things when half asleep, though how I managed to get the same count both times anyway is beyond me.

OP
Janna

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Double Toast, I fixed it
And I made a mistake on my math (which is where the other 2 points come from that Siphon was noticing.)

Major: +5 to Graphic Arts, 2 pts.
Minor: +3 to Gymnastics, 1 pt.
Skill: +2 to Awareness, 1 pt.
Skill: +2 to Computers, 1 pt.
Skill: +2 to Stealth, 1 pt.
Training: +5 Bonus damage with handguns, 1 pt.
Training: +1 Bonus defense against firearms, 1 pt.
Toughness: +10 Health, 1 pt.
Focus: +10 Energy, 1 pt.
Equipment: Single Dorm Room, 1 pt.
Equipment: Laptop, 2 pts.
Equipment: Scooter, 2 pts.
Equipment: Magnum, 10 damage, 2 pts.
Equipment: Switchblade, 5 damage, 1 pt.
On my list, I left off Trait: Sensitive, 2pts. So she's still 2 points off at the moment. *durrr* :confused: Anyway, other than bringing her down by those last two points, she looks good.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

added two more flaws, that should do it

OP
Janna

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

maybe a stupid question

the characters will gain exp or they will stay in the same level?
They will gain experience, but only at the end of a given 'episode'. So like you won't get better in the middle of the current game but once we wrap up what happens at Blake University, any surviving characters will gain experience for the next 'episode'.

added two more flaws, that should do it
And she looks fine now. Maybe a little bit flawed, but that will just make things more fun for the enemies. ;)

Okay, and with all the characters approved, I think we are ready to get started. I'm sending aika a PM tonight to ask for an official Fear of the Dark subforum and you should all receive a PM with your character's starting locations and things.

A couple of people still don't have a picture or a physical description, and that would be nice to have for everyone else's imagination. It's not totally required, I guess, but if you could just give at least like height and hair and eye color it would be great.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I found a picture to use and have updated the sheet accordingly.

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

I've found one as well.

Edit: Also, you mentioned awarding us with CP. Is that what you meant by upgrades or do we get that Cp during gameplay? I've an additional question... Are the amounts of experience each surviving player will recieve, the same?

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Should those of us who have a starting place make a thread to start in or are you still preparing?

OP
Janna

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Should those of us who have a starting place make a thread to start in or are you still preparing?
I'll make the initial threads today for people's starting locations.

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm looking forward to it.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

WOW that was so fast, Janna.

Awesome!