What's new

Fedora vs Trilby

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Fedora vs Trilby

I only wear those when I have to. They make me feel like a faggot tourist though.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i think the most important point is all the women prefer triblys, which means boys a trilby will get you laid more often than a fedora.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Then I know the exception to the rule

OP
Momiji

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm instantly attacked.. but seriously. Try wearing a fedora with a suit. Or, anywhere but on holiday/hiking in the jungle. You'll be -laughed at-.

Plus, Crocs aren't supposed to look good. They're comfy, easy to wash, disposable, and cheap. Oh, and you can get them in any damn colour you please.

The shoe of the recession.

P
What the fuck? Since when should I care if people laugh at me? You know what i do when people laugh at what I wear?

I fucking punch them in the mouth. Also, I don't know what kind of racist/shit community you live in, but I haven't been laughed at for my clothing choice in my adult life yet. And I beat everyone who laughed at me as a kid.

Another thing. Crocs are expensive where I live. They're like 20-30 dollars, and probably even more than that. Where do you live, recession heaven?

My rage and urge to kill you is at an all time high, and so is my blood pressure. Stop saying stupid shit.

Pale

Reputation score

Oooook.

There's a thing that happens to people in arguments. Clashes of opinion. It can be anything.. fedoras vs trilbies, crocs vs shoes.. anything at all. But here's the trick. People carry something to the table. They come into the argument pissed at something, and then, it doesn't matter what they're talking about any more.

They just want to fight, to argue, and to talk big if they can get away with it - partly to make themselves feel better about the chip on their shoulder, partly to show everyone else they aren't to be messed with.

...But it's fucking annoying. Don't do it. So it's time for you to stop talking about punching people in the mouth, and go and deal with your problems. I'm sure a quiet week away from the Net, junk food, and anything beyond rudimentary tasks would do wonders for your blood pressure.

Oh, and in case you wanted your points refuted too.. Saying people laugh at you is a euphemistic overstatement. Clothing and fashion is all about what looks good - I.E, what other people think of what you wear. For it to be stylish, people have to like it.

And, the original Crocs may be expensive, but there are now hundreds of cheap rip-off brands which are just as good - for about 7 dollars a pair. Some cheaper.

Oh, and combining rage with an urge to kill is just stupid. Take one or the other. Both together will land you in jail. Hope you've enjoyed shut-the-fuck-up time with Pale.

P

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I know I have

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I would just like to take this time to point out that the well-dressed trio of epic dancing men in Momiji's Signature are all wearing Trilbys :D

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Words cannot describe how happy you just made me, Shrike.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

would +rep'ping me do it? :D

/shameless plug

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'll rep you a new one
a new level that is! GODDAMNIT I'M SO FUCKING FUNNY

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Whee!!

Also, I don't think I got a level from that, but thankie anyway! :D

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

? :(

You got two levels off that.
some people are just so ungrateful :/

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

oh, I'm looking at the green boxen :/

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

What the fuck? Since when should I care if people laugh at me? You know what i do when people laugh at what I wear?

I fucking punch them in the mouth. Also, I don't know what kind of racist/shit community you live in, but I haven't been laughed at for my clothing choice in my adult life yet. And I beat everyone who laughed at me as a kid.

Another thing. Crocs are expensive where I live. They're like 20-30 dollars, and probably even more than that. Where do you live, recession heaven?

My rage and urge to kill you is at an all time high, and so is my blood pressure. Stop saying stupid shit.
20-30 dollars is expensive?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

20-30 dollars is expensive?
Shut the fuck up right there. Every dollar counts. Maybe not to you, who probably still lives with his parents or has a job as a fucking doctor or something, but I have friends who barely make that much money in a week and had to move out of their apartments because they couldn't afford the rent.

So yes, 20-30 dollars is a good amount of money that any person would be insane to waste on shitty looking shoes like crocs. Fuck, you could probably buy a copy of Persona 3 FES with that money.

Also, Pale, you do know how little Mo gives a shit about taking arguments seriously, right? Get used him doing that kind of stuff or don't bother arguing with him because your "shut-the-fuck-up time" will just be met with more cusswords and empty threats. Whether you argue "intelligently" or not, if you're arguing with Mo, you're not going to get much out of him other than "SHUT THE FUCK UP STUPID NIGGER, I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE."

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Shut the fuck up right there. Every dollar counts. Maybe not to you, who probably still lives with his parents or has a job as a fucking doctor or something, but I have friends who barely make that much money in a week and had to move out of their apartments because they couldn't afford the rent.

So yes, 20-30 dollars is a good amount of money that any person would be insane to waste on shitty looking shoes like crocs. Fuck, you could probably buy a copy of Persona 3 FES with that money.

Also, Pale, you do know how little Mo gives a shit about taking arguments seriously, right? Get used him doing that kind of stuff or don't bother arguing with him because your "shut-the-fuck-up time" will just be met with more cusswords and empty threats. Whether you argue "intelligently" or not, if you're arguing with Mo, you're not going to get much out of him other than "SHUT THE FUCK UP STUPID NIGGER, I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE."
What I meant was that I don't think I could find any shoes for less than 20 euros. And that's if there's a sale going on. Yeah, I know most things probably cost more in Finland than they do in the US, but that much more?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, as far as shoes go, they're usually a bit pricey. I just thought you meant 20-30 dollars wasn't much in general.

Now I feel like an ass.

OP
Momiji

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Oooook.

There's a thing that happens to people in arguments. Clashes of opinion. It can be anything.. fedoras vs trilbies, crocs vs shoes.. anything at all. But here's the trick. People carry something to the table. They come into the argument pissed at something, and then, it doesn't matter what they're talking about any more.

They just want to fight, to argue, and to talk big if they can get away with it - partly to make themselves feel better about the chip on their shoulder, partly to show everyone else they aren't to be messed with.

...But it's fucking annoying. Don't do it. So it's time for you to stop talking about punching people in the mouth, and go and deal with your problems. I'm sure a quiet week away from the Net, junk food, and anything beyond rudimentary tasks would do wonders for your blood pressure.

Oh, and in case you wanted your points refuted too.. Saying people laugh at you is a euphemistic overstatement. Clothing and fashion is all about what looks good - I.E, what other people think of what you wear. For it to be stylish, people have to like it.

And, the original Crocs may be expensive, but there are now hundreds of cheap rip-off brands which are just as good - for about 7 dollars a pair. Some cheaper.

Oh, and combining rage with an urge to kill is just stupid. Take one or the other. Both together will land you in jail. Hope you've enjoyed shut-the-fuck-up time with Pale.

P
I would've enjoyed the time, except I'm not shutting the fuck up.

In fact, I'm taking my post to talk even more! (take that!)

But seriously, are you really going to go with the "YOUR BEING CHILDISH" argument? C'mon, we're having an "argument" (i refuse to use the word debate because you put out shitty reasons and I wasn't being serious) over HATS. HATS. Since when does it even fucking matter who wears what? If someone really doesn't like the hat you're wearing, why the shit should you care? (You never did say.)

Also, since when did I ever give a flying motherfucker about what you think about me? And another thing. Fedoras were popular at a time. Don't pretend like they weren't, you ignorant moron. And another thing. For things to be stylish, people have to like them? Says who? What if I think they're stylish? Does my opinion not count? Since when the fuck are YOU to decide what's good and stylish and cool and what's not? Who the fuck are YOU?

Another thing. The blood pressure? I don't have health problems. I'm too badass for health problems. And I don't eat junk food. I don't eat anything. I'm too badass to eat. Eating for normal people.

Also, crocs and cheap knockoffs are two different things. Don't assume they're the same. They aren't. Your real saying is that knockoffs are the shoes of the recession. That's obvious. Cheap things that are worth it are going to be in high demand when the economy is down.

Both together will land me in jail? You really took that seriously? Are you kidding me? Sure, I might fight like an eight year old in an argument, but since when have you gotten the power to tell me what I should do otherwise?

That's it, I'm done. Say what you will.

Pale

Reputation score

But seriously, are you really going to go with the "YOUR BEING CHILDISH" argument? C'mon, we're having an "argument" (i refuse to use the word debate because you put out shitty reasons and I wasn't being serious) over HATS. HATS. Since when does it even fucking matter who wears what? If someone really doesn't like the hat you're wearing, why the shit should you care?
Right.. why DO you care? I started this by pointing out fedoras and trilbies are good for different things.. Trilbies are just win for my purposes.

Another thing. The blood pressure? I don't have health problems. I don't eat anything. I'm too badass to eat. Eating for normal people.
For things to be stylish, people have to like them? Says who? What if I think they're stylish? Does my opinion not count? Since when the fuck are YOU to decide what's good and stylish and cool and what's not? Who the fuck are YOU?
.... Normal people get to decide what's cool?

Also.

P

OP
Momiji

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Right.. why DO you care? I started this by pointing out fedoras and trilbies are good for different things.. Trilbies are just win for my purposes.

.... Normal people get to decide what's cool?

Also.

P
Yes, normal people get to decide what's cool. If a ton of normal people say that one thing is cool then everyone else feels compelled to watch or wear that certain thing. It's not like Barack Obama decides what's popular to wear in America, or what to see. Sure, popular and "cool" might not be the same, but they most likely are. Rebel Without a Cause? Yeah, I'm a "rebel". If you want to label me like that. That's like pointing to a random guy and saying he's a jock, or a nerd, or a greaser (old timer term, lol) or something. You don't know me. Just because I act like this online doesn't mean I act like this in real life. You don't know me at all. Don't pretend like you absolutely know everything about me. And another thing, I was simply trying to argue that Fedoras look better than Trilbies in my opinion. I insulted you like an eight year old, sure, but I do that. Have a problem with me? Shut the fuck up.