What's new

funny German town name

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: funny German town name

Considering the maker of it is British I would consider it their invention.

As to Squid's question I would say there's alot I like about Britain, but I have a lot of friends from there in real life plus the ones on here. I can't really think of any specific recent inventions or anything. However would have half the things that exist nowadays without the things invented by the British.

Maybe your just looking at it too pessimistically. I see America that way since every place in the world seems to hate us. Wether or not it's true hate or they just dislike our culture. In every country I've been to, too often the only thing anyone really knows about us is stereotypes. Probably the same with the British everyone pictures some guy eating fish and chips. Though I know it's not like that in reality. Just think of it this way if Great Britain decided to go completely isolationist would people miss them, because I'm pretty sure they would.

OP
Hanz

Hanz

Lurker
Reputation score

funny.. when I think of british I just see a guy with a crappy beetles haircut and horrible dental hygiene...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I see someone doing a silly walk up to the nearest pet shop counter and arguing thier Norwiegen Blue is now an ex-parrot.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A gentleman with a bowler and a plaid scarf.
In contrast, Germans are often either seen as Nazis or "machines", very straightforward and absolutely efficient.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

...I see America that way since every place in the world seems to hate us...
just because i hate your country doesn't mean i hate you hunny.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

A gentleman with a bowler and a plaid scarf.
In contrast, Germans are often either seen as Nazis or "machines", very straightforward and absolutely efficient.
Too true, dude. Germans are either mad scientists or Nazis in popular culture.

QuirkyQuark

Lurker
Reputation score

On the topic of stereo types, they seem to be pretty realistic for a decent portion of the people. They hold true, especially in large cities.
Canadians say 'eh' (we really do), and act like Ned Flanders (my local city train runs on an honor system). Americans are fat and loud (most of this comes from the Texans though). Germans are straight to the point, blunt and efficient (and when they say be there at 14:00, damnit they mean 14:00). I've been to all of my examples, and have seen it first hand.

Haven't been to the UK yet. I figure it'd be something like 'At home with the Braithwaites' (excellent British show) but a little... no wait, a lot less fucked up.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Stereotypes sometimes are true.

Dutch are cheapskates, true, I know it myself, I feel a sting where I keep my wallet whenever I buy something, and I always go for the cheapest things. I've also found that the optimal for wiping is 2 sheets folded together, makes the roll of toilet paper last longer without sacrificing efficiency, thus allowing you to buy less and save money.

If I think of the British, I see 2 gentlemen in suits with high hats and canes, sipping tea while reading a book in their overly large comfortable chairs by a fireplace.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

hehe, the worst thing the British have is drive-by arguments:

"Well i do say, old chap, is that Reginald over there?"
"I believe it is, Quinby"
"Well then, pull up nice and close, if you please. I have something i need to say to our good man here."
*car scoots up to the sidewalk*
"Oh Reginald... I disagree!"
*Car scoots off at a safe speed*

So this is what I picture when I hear of the British, and believe it or not, I didn't see this on Family Guy first.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That reminds me. I'm not sure if it was a ghastly comic but I don't think it was.

I remember a webcomic of an alternate version of Time Machine, where it shows a man in a very old timey british setting and a large mustachioed man say "Good day to you sir."
The next panel of the man saying "Blast him and his "good day to you." I'll invent a time machine and travel to a time they have a response to that quip and show him."
The next panel has him back in the setting going "Yes, it is a good day. A good day for you to suck my cock!"

I'm trying to find it, help pleasels?

QuirkyQuark

Lurker
Reputation score

It was indeed a ghastly: