ACT Patreon Active [HentaiWriter] Future Fragments

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If we become patrons do we get the previous levels and if so do they have the cg's in them like the elec demo? Sorry for any and all spelling or grammar errors not gunna lie super fuckin high right now.
You do get all the Ice and Electric Level demos, as well as all the Earth Level demos we've got out now (the Fire Levels aren't posted as they were on the old engine, and we haven't updated them to the new engine fully, which we'll be doing come the completion of the 5th and last level, "The End"). None of them have CGs as of now though besides the Electric Level, but the full game will have CGs for every enemy and every boss (25 total, for 4 enemies and 1 boss per level)

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I know I said before that Talia's design didn't appeal to me, and in truth I still much prefer longer hair, but that character sheet makes a compelling argument. Maybe it's an artstyle thing, but suddenly Talia seems a bit more attractive.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I know I said before that Talia's design didn't appeal to me, and in truth I still much prefer longer hair, but that character sheet makes a compelling argument. Maybe it's an artstyle thing, but suddenly Talia seems a bit more attractive.
Did you see the game over CGs? She's in the same style there too (they're in the OP)

CadBac94

Reputation score
She looks good! Im impressed by what Ive seen so far and Im looking forward to more. Id support you on patreon if I wasnt a broke university student :(. Also give my regards to the voice actors, they do a wonderful job

Flouffe

Lurker
Reputation score
Playing 0.27 definitely made me enjoy other h games less. This is probably the best experience I've ever had, the only thing I could wish from this game is even more content. Thank you so much for the amazing game!

I'm not sure if you've answered this previously, but are there any plans for switching characters? Playing as Faye would be a great new game+ thing, though I know it'd be asking for a lot in term of voice acting/animations.

Jason Bill

Reputation score
Playing 0.27 definitely made me enjoy other h games less. This is probably the best experience I've ever had, the only thing I could wish from this game is even more content. Thank you so much for the amazing game!

I'm not sure if you've answered this previously, but are there any plans for switching characters? Playing as Faye would be a great new game+ thing, though I know it'd be asking for a lot in term of voice acting/animations.
They plan on doing a sequel game where you play as Faye. Basically it would be the "B Side" of the story. So the events of her game will be running concurrently to the events of Talias story.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
She looks good! Im impressed by what Ive seen so far and Im looking forward to more. Id support you on patreon if I wasnt a broke university student :(. Also give my regards to the voice actors, they do a wonderful job
The last thing we want to do is to ruin other people financially by pledging to us, so if you can't afford it, just pirate the demos.
In fact, it's our general policy that we won't DMCA any demo builds of the game.

Regarding piracy, generally people fall into three categories;
  • They have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, it's not to their taste, so they don't support it.
  • They have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, enjoy it lots, but they don't support it anyways or they're waiting for a final release.
  • They have no interest in supporting the game financially prior, play the game, enjoy it lots, end up supporting it.
Situations 1 and 2 are no loss to us, because they wouldn't have supported it anyways, and situation #3 just means we gained another pledge/supporter thanks to piracy. It's a complete win/win for us.

There's one more remaining situation, in that someone is interested in your game PRIOR to playing it, but then they pirate it and they feel it's not deserving of your money, and that's mainly on you, as the developer, to make your game better so that situations of that nature are few and far between. If someone's initially interested from your screenshots, description, and videos or animations, and you still lose their interest after trying it out, then that's definitely on you, the dev.

So going from that, our general thoughts with piracy are;
  • There's no point in fighting it, because it's unwinnable and just a huge waste of effort/time especially if we were to do it for every monthly demo.
  • Some people are in parts of the world or in situations where they simply can't use Patreon to get the latest build, and we want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy our games (legally, of course, we don't want anyone underage or getting arrested for playing them due to their country's laws!.
  • Piracy is a neutral or a win situation for us for the monthly demos, exceptionally rarely is it a loss.
Now, all that said, we would like to ask that when the full version's out, for people to hold off on pirating it at least for a month or so, because that's when the majority of sales are made, and while we're not trying to be greedy, we do want to continue to make games of this nature and quality and to do that we need a lot of money to afford said assets and to keep us going.

Yeah, what Jason Bill said; the "sequel" will have Faye as the main character, but the gameplay will be faster, much more action oriented with less of an emphasis on story (as you would have already seen most of the story in Future Fragments), and Faye being a melee fighter instead of Talia's ranged attacks. Think something like Metroid Fusion meets Metal Gear Rising.

Enemies will be mostly the same, but have different attacks, bosses will be entirely different though, all the sex animations will be new, new cutscenes as well, and the powerup/fighting system will be entirely new too, with Faye having much more mobility like walljumps, wall destruction, countering, stuff like that.

Evil987

Sex Demon
Reputation score
i've tried the demo and i have been shocked from the effort to do a quality games, than the game itself. and that's priceless in this days.
u guys have did a wonderful, wonderful job here. congrats.

even if i dont support your team trough patreon (for reason) i will definitely buy it when will be relesead, because the game deserve to be bought.
i think to be one of the few that use piracy to test/enjoy games, and then buy it if i feel the dev deserve to be supported.
and this is definitely one of this case.

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I cannot wait until the game is finally done. It will definitely be worth the wait. This is one of the only games that I feel I can pay money for without regret (which I've done in the past, so I should be getting the game anyway). This is quality stuff.

And I am looking forward to the sequel. The way you describe it sounds like more of my type of game.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
i've tried the demo and i have been shocked from the effort to do a quality games, than the game itself. and that's priceless in this days.
u guys have did a wonderful, wonderful job here. congrats.
Thanks a lot! :D Really happy you're enjoying it, for real.

even if i dont support your team trough patreon (for reason) i will definitely buy it when will be relesead, because the game deserve to be bought.
i think to be one of the few that use piracy to test/enjoy games, and then buy it if i feel the dev deserve to be supported.
and this is definitely one of this case.
That's perfectly fine, we should have it on a lot of different places to buy!

I cannot wait until the game is finally done. It will definitely be worth the wait. This is one of the only games that I feel I can pay money for without regret (which I've done in the past, so I should be getting the game anyway). This is quality stuff.

And I am looking forward to the sequel. The way you describe it sounds like more of my type of game.
If you do buy the game and regret it, we can refund you at least on Patreon, on other sites I won't be able to do so, but if you do buy it on another site we'll still try to refund you if you end up dissatisfied with it!

For the sequel yeah, we want to have more action than story to have a version of the game that fits for both types of people each, if that makes sense.

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Regarding piracy, generally people fall into three categories;
I have basically the same viewpoints on piracy.

And like I mentioned on another forum, this artstyle is just beautiful, especially her facial expression. Then again, I do have a thing for short haired girls so... yeah.

Alcest

Reputation score
I used to be a patreon supporter but got poor and couldn't keep it up, but I'll definitely be buying a release copy.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I have basically the same viewpoints on piracy.
And like I mentioned on another forum, this artstyle is just beautiful, especially her facial expression. Then again, I do have a thing for short haired girls so... yeah.
Glad to hear it, there's a lot of people that heavily dislike short-haired girls so we're happy to hear from the opposite camp :p

I used to be a patreon supporter but got poor and couldn't keep it up, but I'll definitely be buying a release copy.
No apologies needed, we'd much rather you keep your finances intact than mess them up by pledging to us if you can't afford it!
(If you need a refund too from your earlier pledges, let us know, we'll be happy to work something out there too!)

And here's Faye's character sheet; as a reminder, we encourage fanart of the characters!

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Would you happen to have a character sheet of Faye with her hair down? Also agreed that Vie remains the favorite.

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have a slight feeling that, in either the sequel or the end of this game, we find out that Vie said things like "No, I only support you silly" and so on, to bring Talia on her side, also to Faye and they end up just being used by Vie because if they both work for her all the fragments end up in her possession regardless of who has more.

Since Vie did say she doesn't really like Faye because of her attitude or what-ever (if i remember correctly) so she supports Talia. But after you found Faye locked in a room and you both end up in this machine you both get saved by Vie... But couldn't she just take the fragments from Faye and only save Talia? Or atleast, take Faye's fragments and just unplug Faye from the machine but leave her there.

But maybe I'm taking things way too far.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I like Faye better, but Vie is still my favorite
Would you happen to have a character sheet of Faye with her hair down? Also agreed that Vie remains the favorite.
We unfortunately don't have one of her with her hair down, sorry!
It's pretty interesting to me that Vie has ended up becoming the fan favorite for this game; it's just like a lot of other media though I guess where someone who was intended as a side cast member or not the main protagonist becomes the most liked person (ex. Stewie in Family Guy, Fonzie in Happy Days; it's categorized in that article, although we're not going to make Vie the main character :p)

I will however say that Vie DOES play a major role in this game for sure, she's just not the main protagonist.

I have a slight feeling that, in either the sequel or the end of this game, we find out that Vie said things like "No, I only support you silly" and so on, to bring Talia on her side, also to Faye and they end up just being used by Vie because if they both work for her all the fragments end up in her possession regardless of who has more.
Since Vie did say she doesn't really like Faye because of her attitude or what-ever (if i remember correctly) so she supports Talia. But after you found Faye locked in a room and you both end up in this machine you both get saved by Vie... But couldn't she just take the fragments from Faye and only save Talia? Or atleast, take Faye's fragments and just unplug Faye from the machine but leave her there.
But maybe I'm taking things way too far.
Speaking of her role, this assumption is definitely on the right path; it's fairly obvious that Vie isn't being entirely up front with Talia and Faye about something, or at the very least, the player is out of the loop about something.
As to why Vie doesn't just take the Fragments from Faye, that's because (if you go through a certain set of cutscenes in the demo) you find out that Faye has no Fragments, and this is a running joke throughout the game that Faye always arrives just a bit too late to get the Fragments for that area.

As to why she resets them both, Vie may not like Faye's attitude, but she HATES the WORM. If she left Faye there, that would be yet another person they could use for whatever they had planned for her, adding to the WORM's resources and might even just a tiny bit, so the last thing Vie wants is for Faye or Talia to fall into the WORM's hands.

And as to why Vie herself doesn't just take all the Fragments to use them herself... well, you'll find out why that is eventually. Like everything else in the game, there's a very big reason for it :D

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
She may or may not have a fragment because of me.

As to the WORM part, yeah I can see that. I guess as long as you don't talk bad / spread lies about [insert name of husband] you are not on her "Go die"-side.

NDgier

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I can't wait for this to be released because of my pledge additions. Ekeke.

Status
Not open for further replies.