What's new

Game 1: In the middle of nowhere(SirOni, cross_grave, Occam's Razor)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Game 1: In the middle of nowhere(SirOni, cross_grave, Occam's Razor)

"Whatever suits you, man," The raven haired man called to the fatman before climbing into the cockpit of the tank and into an empty seat.

As the blonde haired man says he cant remember his name the raven haired man raises an eyebrow. "You can't remember your name? Well, I'm..." The scruffy haired man pauses for a few seconds, a puzzled expression on his face as he tries, and fails to remember his name. "Well this is just getting more and more odd by the minute... I can't seem to remember my name either... What about you fatman, do you remember your name?" He then calls up through the hatch.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The fat man hrms as he rubs his chin with his right hand and fails at retrieving his own name. "I can't seem to remember my own name either. How unusually curious." he states, cupping both his hands over his eyebrows and looking out over the horizon for anything of interest. "It seems anything relating to our origins or who we are has been erased from our memory. Extraordinary."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'd rather say it's troublesome." The blonde muttered as he climbed into the driver's seat. "We don't know whether this will happen again." He made a brief check, running a mental list of the controls. Alright, he definitely felt as if he operated this kind of thing before. "Doesn't look like we have any control over this... It's probably best not to dwell on it. So anyway, how am I supposed to call you guys?"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"You can't remember your name either?" The raven haired says, sliding forward in his chair and placing a hand on his chin as if he was thinking. "Someone, or something must not want us remembering something important. Maybe we knew each other, or whoever sent us here?" The man continues thinking along this train of thought for a few more minutes before addressing the blonde man.

"How about we name each other?" The man suggests, a look of enthusiasm on his face. "I'll go first." He says excitedly before popping his head out of the hatch to address the fatman. "You can be Julian. Not sure why but you look like a Julian to me. Even though I can't exactly recall what a Julian would look like." With that he sits back down and folds his arms over his chest, waiting to be named.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The fat man sat firmly on his newfound perch, still looking out on the horizon. "That name has a nice ring to it." he states, then looks down at the mechanisms inside the tank. "I don't know why, but I'm going to call the blonde one Duke. It feels appropriate somehow." he says, having no idea why it feels appropriate to name the blonde man that, but feeling somewhere that it's right.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Duke, huh?" The blonde mused, nodding after a moment. "Not bad. Not bad at all." He frowned for a moment, trying to recall another memory and failing. "Can't say why, but I really think it fits." He glanced up at the raven-haired man, thinking. "Hmm... For some reason, I can't help but think 'Raziel' when I look at you." He grabbed the steering wheel, adjusting his hands on it, then began to tap his index finger against it. "Not sure why. But somehow, I find this name fitting."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

The raven haired man sits the for a couple of minutes, his hand on his chin once more as if deep in thought. "Yeah, I think that's a pretty good name," He says suddenly, nodding once in approval. "'Raziel'. It's got an exotic ring to it." The newly named Raziel then gets back out of his seat. "I'm going to check out what loot we've actually got. Seeing as we're in this place we just as well make the most of it." With that he makes his way back to where he found the ammo and personnel gear, planning on seeing what is exactly in the gear.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julian smiled to himself as he looked out on the horizon, his hands still cupped into fake binoculars as he looked out for something of interest. "We should try to find something to do besides drive on aimlessly. I can't help but feel a growing sense of hatred for this strange wasteland we're stuck in." he states, looking down into the tank at Raziel for several moments, then back up through his make-believe binoculars. "We need a house."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The closet contains in it:
Three assault rifles
Nine magazines for the said assault rifles
A large box of ammo
Optical sights for each rifle
Night sights for each rifle
Three helmets
One cavalry saber
Three short wave radios
Three Binoculars

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Ho-lee crap," Raziel calls out loudly, no doubt the other two would be able to hear him. "You should see what we've got, we've hit the mother lode here." Raziel then calls out to Julian and Duke what items they now own.

"There's one thing that does concern me though," The man says as he clambers back into the cockpit of the tank carrying all three assault rifles. He deposits them on the floor before taking his seat once more. "There's three of nearly every item. It's like whoever sent this tank out expected there to be three people. The sword was the only item that there is one of, so it must be of some importance. Maybe to signify rank?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Duke scratched his chin, staring at the weapons with a weird glint in his eyes. "Hmm... You know, I think you're right. Something's telling me that..." He shook his head. "It's weird. Like not being able to recall what you're talking about, even though you know it's like this." He glanced at Raziel and Julian. "As for the numbers... If he or she expected three people, why there are only two seats? And anyway..." He frowned. "Are we expected to fight? We're not soldiers, I believe... Anyway, it's about time we start moving. Julian, hold onto something." He braced himself, then moved to start the tank and see if he can drive it. "It's like some freaking game..."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As Duke presses the start button, nothing happens for a moment. Then a loud grinding noise can be heard as the clockwork starts to wind.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Now we're talking..." Duke smirked, grabbing the steering wheel. He had a vague idea of what to do. Change into first gear, accelerate slowly, shift into higher gears when you were moving fast enough... He couldn't recall the details of how he obtained that knowledge, though he had a nagging feeling he never perfected his ability to drive. Oh well. "Alright, let's roll!" With a grin, he moved his feet, operating the pedals he believed to be responsible for keeping the thing moving.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"There is that machine gun on the tank," Raziel replies, nodding his head slightly towards the hatch. "Maybe the third man was supposed to man that? Or the third person could've been cycling the shells into the cannon of the tank. Whatever the reason I think the tank was specifically sent to pick up three people. Now the question is were we the three people, or have we hijacked someone else's sweet ride? What if, by taking the tank, we've signed ourselves up into some kind of militia?"

Raziel's face lights up at the mention of this feeling like a game. "Huh, I never thought of that before. Maybe this is some kind of virtual world?"

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The grinding continues, but nothing else happens.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uh..." Duke stared. Apparently, this thing was a wee bit more difficult to move than he had anticipated. "Well, I don't think anyone would leave a tank in the middle of nowhere just to pick up three people... And while I doubt this is a virtual world..." He turned his head towards Raziel. "Maybe it plays by the rules of a virtual world? I have no idea what would have triggered the spawning of this tank and it's contents if that was the case, though."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
"Trouble is there could be any number of rules for a virtual world..." Raziel replies, raising his hand to his chin once more as he tries to remember any of the games he's played and how they went about doing things. Though despite trying as hard as he can Raziel simply cannot remember anything of his favourite hobby before entering this place. "I guess we're just going to have to keep thinking and trying things out until we've worked out what this place really is. Though if this is a virtual world we've probably been given those weapons, and this tank to fight off whatever enemies that we'll come across. That being said we'd probably still need those weapons if this was a new, actual universe to defend ourselves with... Raziel adds weakly at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julian had listened to the conversation quietly, pondering to himself while he clutched onto the edge of the hatch like a handhold, before finally piping up. "Perhaps we're just a part of the virtual world itself. Maybe we aren't real at all." he states, still pondering as he holds on to the tank. "That could explain the memory loss, and the lack of names."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Duke looked up, his eyebrows raising in suprise. He had not considered such a possibility. "Well, I am not so sure about this... But I admit, it makes a lot of sense. Which brings an interesting question." The blonde scratched his head, once again turning his attention towards the controls. "If we're a part of a virtual world, then what exactly are we? Considering that we have found names for each other, even though we didn't really have anything to base them on other than vague suspicions, and right now we're debating our existence... Would this mean that we're a kind of AI, one with the ability to determine it's own identity? That would put us on par with a sapient living being, I think."

Studying the controls once more, Duke felt a little frustrated. He was certain he had some kind of idea how to operate this thing, but he couldn't get it to move - and he failed in front of others, no less. This was somewhat humiliating. Going over the controls once again, he decided that perhaps it was his preconception regarding his ability to drive that was thwarting his attempts. Maybe he really didn't know at all? In that case, it would be better to act like someone who had no idea what to do. Namely, start experimenting with all the stuff available and see what happens.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The grinding sound suddenly stops.