What's new

Game 1: In the middle of nowhere(SirOni, cross_grave, Occam's Razor)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Game 1: In the middle of nowhere(SirOni, cross_grave, Occam's Razor)

"Well if this is a virtual world and we're just AI," Raziel chimes in, a hint of disagreement in his voice. He slouches back on his chair and folds his arms. "Shouldn't we at least try to find something that would give us definite proof? I know there's not much to back up a claim that all this isn't simply a virtual world created by some bored individual however I don't really like the reason for my existence being the result of someone having nothing better to do one day."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Duke frowned, one of his eyebrows twitching. He was starting to get really annoyed. How the Hell do you operate this thing? "Well, I wouldn't say that we're a product of someone's boredom." The blonde replied, muttering as he regarded the controls with a bit of hostility. "I mean, since we pretty much possess advanced mental capabilities, it might be some kind of lab experiment. Then again... If that was the case, I don't think they'd want us to find that out. I assume some kind of precautions would be put in place. However, since we have found nothing of the sort, perhaps we can assume that we are real?" He raised his fist, then slammed it into the controls. "Work, dammit! How hard can it be?"

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The tank starts gently rolling forward.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Yeah, I would rather my existence be real instead of some creation, so I'd rather we stick to that plan," Raziel says quietly as he shifts in his seat before pulling himself back into a seating position.

"Huh, looks like it responds better to commands than being driven manually," Raziel comments as the battle fortress begins to move forward. "I wonder... Fortress, fire your cannon!" Raziel suddenly orders loudly, his arm outstretched and his index finger pointing forward.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The tank rolls to halt.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Duke scratched his chin. "I don't think it responds to voice commands." He frowned again, this time trying to come up with a plausible explanation. "Maybe some actions here can cause certain effects? Or perhaps it's something else..." He shook his head, trying to collect his thoughts. It seemed that he had trouble phrasing something to himself. "I mean... Let's face it, hitting a machine shouldn't make it work. But perhaps here, somehow we can affect the world with out will?" The londe briefly pondered the idea, then mustered his resolve to make the tank work again and gave it another strong blow with his fist. He hoped he could find a better way to make things work later, or his hand could get quite sore.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"That seems like a pretty stupid way to get something to work if that's how it works," Raziel replies, a frown forming on his face. The man stares at the control panel for a moment, mentally willing the damned machine to move, or at least do something.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julian sits calmly atop the machine, rubbing his chin as he thinks. "Well, the machine first appeared when I wished for some manner of transportation. So maybe the world only reacts to vague instructions, like destruction, or movement." he states, looking down through the hatch and stroking his moustache with his right hand. "Or it could have just been a fluke."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Hitting the controls does nothing. However, when Duke accidentally pushes the gas pedal, he finds the controls suddenly working as the tank accelerates with surprising speed.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Holy!" Duke was startled by the sudden movement, but he quickly composed himself. "This handles a wee bit differently than I've imagined." He tried to slow down a bit and get used to controlling the tank's speed. "Altough... It seems we can throw my theory out of the window. From the looks of it, I just accidentally made it work, even though I have no idea how." He shrugged, wondering what to do next. "Say, how about we try to fire the main cannon? This time, we could try to load and shoot the thing manually. There ought to be a trigger somewhere."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"I'm on it," Raziel says as he gets out of his chair and makes his way back to the storage area housing the ammunition. He rummages around the ammo containers for a couple of minutes looking for what he'd guess would be a shell for the tank. If, and once he finds it Raziel would make his way back and load up the shell before sitting back down.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julian feels useless, having to sit atop the tank with nothing to do but scan the horizon, wishing he was of use. "Hey, you had better do something that gives me something to do soon. I'm starting to get bored up here."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Opening the hatch to the ammunition container, you can see that it contains shells that seem to be of the same caliber with the tanks main gun. They are divided in four shelves, each containing different kind and on a fifth shelf there are ammunition belts for the machine gun. Each of the shelves is titled differently, in order from up to down: HEAT, cluster, smoke, candy.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Hearing Julians moaning Raziel decides to grab the three short wave radio's and binoculars as well as a shell from the 'candy' shelf and one belt of machinegun ammunition before heading back to the cockpit.

"Here," The young man says as he sticks his head out of the hatch and hands Julian a radio, pair of binoculars and the belt for machinegun. "If you want something to do see if you can find any signs of life out there." The raven haired man then loads the shell into the tanks main cannon. "Got any idea how to fire this thing?" The man asks Duke as he sits back down in his chair.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Duke shrugged. "No freaking clue." He was familiarizing himself with the controls, now that the tank was moving. "I suppose there should be a place where you put the shell, at the end of the barrel most likely... And there ought to me some kind of control mechanism close to it, too. The trigger should be there." He paused for a bit, considering further advice. "Try to look for some kind of hatch or something, about as large as the shell. I imagine that's how the loading mechanism would look on the outside."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julian snatches up the radio and slides it into one of his coat pockets, which he seems to have many of. The binoculars, he sets down between his legs as he grasps the belt of ammunition, looking at the mounted machinegun with a questioning look before scooting over to it and examining it. After several moments of looking it over, he grasps a part and finds it flips open by sheer luck, then places the belt inside, closing the part and reaching for the bolt, somehow knowing how to operate this machine, but scared that he had no idea why he knew. Once he had loaded the gun, he reached for the binoculars and began looking around for anything interesting. These were much better than his fake hand-binoculars.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Raziel manages to find the latch he's looking for and looks through the barrel, after which he places the "candy" type shell in and closes the latch. He then sits on the shooter's seat and manages to find controls that move the turret and the barrel. They function remarkably similarly to a joystick. There's also a trigger in the joystick and on the left several other controls.

Meanwhile, Julian manages to find something looking like a group of houses at 11 o'clock.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julian stares through the binoculars for several moments at the houses, blinking several times. "Hey! I see something off to the left a bit!" he calls out, pointing at them with an extended right arm and finger. "I think there might be other people living here as well, by the looks of it."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh?" Duke glanced up at Julian, to see where he was pointing. "Shall we move and check it out?" He moved the steering wheel slightly to the left, to correct the tank's course. "Raziel, if you want to fire, either do it now or stop. Looks like we're going to pillage a village." The blonde grinned, apparently amused, and pushed the gas pedal a bit closer to the floor. It seems that someone lived in this place after all... Wherever the Hell this was.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Child-like giddy rushes through Raziel as he notices the parculiarly placed joystick controls the cannon of their battle fortress. For a few moments he moves it around with wanton glee, giggling like a school girl before finally being brought back to reality by Dukes question.

"Well that answers the question I was about to ask," Raziel says enthusiastically as he turns the cannon towards the village in the distance. The man gives himself a second to ready himself before pressing the trigger, hoping that it functions like other arcade joystick games and fires the shell at the village.