What's new

Games Discussion Thread

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

I saw somewhere it worked on targets up to lvl 25. And I'm level 40 now :( .
Might be wrong though.

And you're right, I'd completely forgotten about that, dumbass me.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh, I don't know anything about a level limit, though I am only lv.20 at the moment and I only really use the Werewolf form against the Silverhand.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh my oh my. It's been a while hasn't it? lol

As far as dragons go... fuck em. I'm constantly being dogged by the goddamned things now, and I haven't even advanced the story past getting that horn the greybeards want :(.

Funny story though. As I'm ascending the mountain to the greybeards' monastary, I hear that tell-tale sound of an incoming dragon. And since I'm on a mountain with no cover, I instantly crouch (sneaky character, lol bow ftw!) and hide, allowing it to continue attacking the town below. Continuing along the path, no longer in sight range of the town or dragon, I run into one of those ice-elementals (their real name don't matter) that's fighting a ice-wolf, they both ace their 'find the player' checks and come running at me. I easily take them out with my bow. And three seconds later the dragon's on top of me blowing frost, proceeds to land immediately then insta-kill me.

So, note to bethesda. Player having insta-kills = time saver , enemies having insta-kills = cheap funkiller.

Game is awesome though, lot of little things that I would have rather had differently, but a. their not that important they ruin the game, and b. mods can fix this.
Dragons are difficult? They seem to buckle against the weight of my 2 handed Ebony Greataxe. However, im curious. When i went up that mountain, i faced a frost troll. I never even faced a dragon..Thats some baaaad luck.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

oh, they're not really a tough fight, even elder dragons are coming out now, but still just alot of HP with high burst damage and a close range insta-kill. Just a waste of my time. I'm doing other quests and they show up. Or I'll be talking to someone and since the world doesn't pause (really bethesda? FUCK YOU) the pricks will come flying in and either kill me, or I'll have to waste time killing them before I can finish my conversation.

I guess the best comparison would be the "are you sure windows" that pop up on stupid shit, like making new save file. OF COURSE I'M SURE I DONT WANT TO DO THE MAIN QUEST, THERE'S NO DOWNSIDE. Annoying, but not much more.

I could always use the console kill command, but I don't want to get dragon souls for cheating so I can be left alone to my own devices.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

You don't like the world not stopping on account of you talking? I think it's really good, adds to the immersion.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

eh, it's taste really. If not for the random dragon rape, I wouldn't care either way.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh oh OH OH, FUCK ME. This is the last one I swear, or I'll be here all day. Anyone else have a dragon corpse inside a city that just wont FUCKING GO AWAY? There's one in winterhold that's been there since very shortly after the first story-line dragon kill, it origionally died in front of the companions' building, but the corpse has migrated down to the town gate and is constantly freaking out bouncing around now. Persistant corpses is kind of a nice touch, but this is god-awefull rediculous. I'd appreciate it if someone knew, and would tell me the console command to get rid of a corpse.
It's not a glitch...it's the townspeople dragging the thing all over the freaking place, trying to find somewhere to get rid of it...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's not a glitch...it's the townspeople dragging the thing all over the freaking place, trying to find somewhere to get rid of it...
It somehow made it's way back up to the place it origionally died in now...

Oh, I'd forgot, I actually have something helpfull. If you're doing the Boethia(SP??) questline and you can't talk to the person that you're supposed to be able to, it's a quest bug. Now comes the helpful part that took a while to find, bring up the console and type in "setstage DA02 15" with no quotes. Also, apparently there's another part that people have trouble with after you've don that, I didn't so I'm not quite sure what/where it is, but supposedly it can be fixed with "setstage DA02 20"

Last edited:

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

my buds skyrim on PS3 went batshit crazy. Textures going insane, Graphics Just going all over the goddamn place, even The world dissipated at one point. Maybe he's been hard-coring it too much?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Something like that happened to me the other day. It was during the quest for the Companions where you go to slaughter a group of Silverhand after becoming a werewolf. Basically the graphics inside the dungeon began to flicker and turn blue. I sorted it by turning the console off and switching it back on, and since then I haven't had a problem.

Speaking of glitches; if you intend on completing the Companions questline DO NOT go to Winterhold until you're done with them. If you get the misc. quest where you need to get the Helm of Winterhold it glitches with the Companions 'Purity of Revenge' quest and stops it from triggering. I have read that waiting 30 days for the enemies to respawn in the dungeon once you've completed the misc. quest may sort it out, though for those on the PC there is a console command that'll allow you to manually trigger the quest though it has been known to glitch up the rest of the Companions questline.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Skyrim is still buggy as all hell. On both questing and hardware issues. It's understanble given the shear size of the game that there are quest bugs. And hardware bugs are always common.

But there shouldn't be any hardware problems on consoles, EVERY 360/PS3 IS THE SAME, for the most part that is.

Honestly though, the game's been runing pretty well on medium settings for me. I've been getting crash to desktop problems since the beginning, but it seems that the longer I play the game, the worse they get. It no longer crashes to the desktop, just freezes and if I don't open the command prompt quick enough and kill the process, the entire comp follows suit. The unfortunate problem with diagnosing this is that I've also been plauged by "stutters" where the game will freeze for a moment or two while it's rendering stuff (so horrible for over-land travel) and then go again fine afterwards.

I've seen people claiming it's a problem with the game's sound...

There are only two possibilities, first is that bethesda reeeeeaaaally fucked up on their coding and somehow sound has become so high priority that if it can't be processed correctly it locks up the comp instead of just being ignored. I'd think that the update they had released would have fixed this, seeing as that is an gigantic problem only an idiot would make and should have the highest priority of being fixed.

The second and more likely IMHO, is that the people claiming this are retards. Having seen a single general problem, they decided that it was the only thing that could possibly be causing their woes and decided to start a campaign of idiocy against it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've seen a fair few people mention that as the save file gets bigger in size more problems arise. I can't say I've noticed much happen aside from the odd slow down here and there as it renders new objects though my saves are only 6mb so far.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've only had very few problems so far. An event during a cutscene didn't trigger, one or two crashes, a bunch of stutters. On the whole the game runs more smoothly than Oblivion, and as a German I can say that the voice acting is vastly superior. It was a horrible mess in 4.

One thing that I dislike is that bodies remain lying around in cities, as mentioned above but not limited to dragons. Anybody that did the Markarth prison break will probably know what I'm talking about. Do they have their mausoleums for nothing?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Maybe they just haven't been cleared yet? All the enemies I've killed inside towns, dungeons and in the wild have gone after a time.

Also, fuck the dremora lord in Azura's Star. Managed to kill the dude in it that you're supposed to kill and as I was being pulled out of the star the dremora nuked me to death with a fire ball.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Skyrim is still buggy as all hell. On both questing and hardware issues. It's understanble given the shear size of the game that there are quest bugs. And hardware bugs are always common.

But there shouldn't be any hardware problems on consoles, EVERY 360/PS3 IS THE SAME, for the most part that is.

Honestly though, the game's been runing pretty well on medium settings for me. I've been getting crash to desktop problems since the beginning, but it seems that the longer I play the game, the worse they get. It no longer crashes to the desktop, just freezes and if I don't open the command prompt quick enough and kill the process, the entire comp follows suit. The unfortunate problem with diagnosing this is that I've also been plauged by "stutters" where the game will freeze for a moment or two while it's rendering stuff (so horrible for over-land travel) and then go again fine afterwards.

I've seen people claiming it's a problem with the game's sound...

There are only two possibilities, first is that bethesda reeeeeaaaally fucked up on their coding and somehow sound has become so high priority that if it can't be processed correctly it locks up the comp instead of just being ignored. I'd think that the update they had released would have fixed this, seeing as that is an gigantic problem only an idiot would make and should have the highest priority of being fixed.

The second and more likely IMHO, is that the people claiming this are retards. Having seen a single general problem, they decided that it was the only thing that could possibly be causing their woes and decided to start a campaign of idiocy against it.
Actually, Some sound cards need to have their sound output lowered. Skyrim dislikes some output levels. Also, Crash to desktop? I can run skyrim on High and ive NEVER had that happen o.o

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My video card cost more than the rest of the comp put together. And I'm not going to buy a new CPU or RAM untill I build a new one, so that limits what I can do. The only place I've had a problem like that was nightcaller temple, where there were a shit-ton of magical effects going on.

Also, I'm pretty sure the CTD is a bug of some sort, because usually when you're equipment can't handle a game you'll just get crappy FPS. This happens when, or very shortly after, I've entered/exited an area.

And yeah, I can understand a game just not sending sound out if your output level doesn't match what the game can send, but this shouldn't affect how the game runs, it should just ignore the sound card and run fine.

Edit : Just a few thoughts I had after I made this post.

I've found a bunch of deadra artifacts/quests. Are there any quests to get artifacts from the holy gods? i.e. talos, dibella and such?

I keep seeing a splash-screen of a katana, and I want it. Anyone know where this item can be found? I think it's a daedra artifact because it comes with some text about a daedric prince, but I forget which.

I've got 2 talos amulets that I can't get rid of because they're quest items, anyone know what quest they go to?

At one point I went to a shrine of talos and got his blessing, when I opened the active effects menu, it showed that it reduced the time between shouts by 0%. Is this just a bug? This also got be wondering, because I had seen no offerings at the shrine, can you increase the effectiveness of a god's blessing by putting offerings around their shrine?

And lastly, FUCK DRAGON ARMOR. For a heavy armor char, it's useless, daedric armor looks cooler and has better stats, what gives? It takes 100 blacksmith skill to get it, so why the hell isn't it better than daedric that only takes 90? If I'd known, I would have never spent the perk on it.

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

On a different aspect about Skyrim: Can anybody explain to me why several types of armor feature bare upper arms? That's not only a glaring weak-point, it also doesn't make any sense because the majority of Skyrim is frozen over, i. e. it's fucking cold. Why are people running around in the equivalent of t-shirts and gloves?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

On a different aspect about Skyrim: Can anybody explain to me why several types of armor feature bare upper arms? That's not only a glaring weak-point, it also doesn't make any sense because the majority of Skyrim is frozen over, i. e. it's fucking cold. Why are people running around in the equivalent of t-shirts and gloves?
Magic, obviously. Just be glad it's not chainmail bikini.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I keep seeing a splash-screen of a katana, and I want it. Anyone know where this item can be found? I think it's a daedra artifact because it comes with some text about a daedric prince, but I forget which.
There are two in the game. One is in the fortress of the Blades, the other is the reward for a quest you can start by talking to the tavern owner in Whiterun.

EDIT: Also, about Dragon Armor: It's almost free. That's the main advantage I see. Also I can't be bothered to get enough daedric hearts required to build a full set of daedric armor, not to mention all the ebony ingots it takes.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

And lastly, FUCK DRAGON ARMOR. For a heavy armor char, it's useless, daedric armor looks cooler and has better stats, what gives? It takes 100 blacksmith skill to get it, so why the hell isn't it better than daedric that only takes 90? If I'd known, I would have never spent the perk on it.
Because supposedly the materials for Dragon Armor are way easier to find than the stuff for Daedric armor. Supposedly.
Though, yeah, why it takes 100, I dunno.