What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

I really should get back into Steam gaming.

...after I finish Cave Story.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Once I get 100 in smithing I'll be going for dragon scale, though I will make bone for Lydia. Probably make scale for Aela as well.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think this is from Skyrim. Creative use of a draw bridge. The player has a mind of a psychotic killer...

Unnatural Kiwi

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I think this is from Skyrim. Creative use of a draw bridge. The player has a mind of a psychotic killer...

Yay catapult?

Im loving how you can make use of traps against people, especially the people that put said traps there to begin with...

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Yay catapult?

Im loving how you can make use of traps against people, especially the people that put said traps there to begin with...
Ha! Those wall traps that fling outwards and then slaps anything that walks by for stepping on a trap stone, Ive seen SO many A.I murder themselves by looking for me then getting slapped by the wall trap.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Finally picked up Final Fantasy XIII again after a 9 month break from it. Up to what's the final stretch of the game now. I have to say that although the battle system feels...wonky from time to time, the story itself is actually kind of neat. I like the deviation from the usual LET'S SAVE THE WORLD AND FIGHT INEXPLICABLE MONSTERS GUYS to a plot that eventually involves that aspect and doesn't start out with it. Having a fantastic soundtrack also helps too.

I also have to say that the part where you first get to Oerba is easily one of the most heartbreaking moments I've ever seen in a game for me, only being beat out by the Covenant invasion/evacuation of New Alexandria in and ending of Halo: Reach. ;____;

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've yet to complete FFXIII, mostly because once I arrived back on Cocoon and fought that douchebag flying robot thing once, the second time I have to fight it it keeps raping me with its limit release attacks.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I have yet to complete any FF over 6. Once i got to 6, i felt it was a fine place to stop.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I've only ever played I, II, VII, IX (maybe 20% into it right now), and XIII.

I have to say that I like them all, and although VII is far too overhyped, it's not a bad or mediocre game at all. It actually does have its own unique charm as much as I hate to admit it.

IX is superior to it though. Just all around better. XIII is...interesting. A rough reboot of the franchise, if you will. Not bad, not terrific, and certainly very polarizing for long term fans. I for one do like it because of the risk it takes in overall design, even if the gameplay does slightly suffer for it by being linear. The illusion of freedom in the older games during their main quests justifies this change however.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I have yet to complete any FF over 6. Once i got to 6, i felt it was a fine place to stop.
IX is worth your time and XII is good if you don't mind the battle system and Vaan's character design (fantastic story, but not very character focused).

Otherwise...ehh.

Zabusy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well if there's anyone who likes Stalker videogame for PC or at least heard of it i have bad news :

GSC officialy announced that they are closing down their company and scarapping Stalker 2. That's sad becuase this game could be awesome and it probably was multiplatformer.

GSC Brought us games such
Stalker
Cossacs
and few other i don't remmember name of.

Part of GSC company quit them years before this happend and from they we got Metro 2033 .

Zabusy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I went back to Shearpoint, the location of the three power words for the Throw Voice power, because I hadn't discovered it apparently after going there the first time to fight a dragon for someone. Turns out the dragon had respawned and after killing it the dragon didn't burn up and give me a soul. Not sure if that's a glitch or not, but it was pretty annoying.

Had same problem lately just in different place. I killed an ancient dragon but then i didnt get his soul... I'm 100% its a glitch, hell this game is so glitchy , i had 4 freezes , 1 invisible face glitch , 5 running glitches (you run backward as you run normally) , 1 headless attacker glitch , 1 backward dragon glitch ,
3 running horse on water glitch and the list goes on... On my youtube channel(same as my account name here) i show most of the glitches i had.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm quite suprised you used the term 'illusion of freedom'. While of course you are in some ways quite correct, you can't choose to not save the world, you have to progress through dungeons in a pre-set order, and areas are un-accessable untill your high enough level for them (or you've gone through a required part of the story).

However, being able to leave a dungeon and go back to town to buy more potions was fuckin nice, almost as nice as having a world map ( GIVE IT BACK SQUENIX GIVE ME BACK MY WORLD MAP).

I'll admit that the change in story type was a good one, starting with the characters being almost completely out for themselves and then deciding that they needed to save their loved ones (and I guess the rest of the world too...) once the scope of the situation was revealed to them. Alot more realistic than having a completely altruistic group of hero's who're saving the world just because they're good guys.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Onimusha 3 ain't no Dawn of Dreams but it's pretty sweet.

Also, two trailers. First, REVENGENCE:

The second one will be the game of the year, all years:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

The second one will be the game of the year, all years:
..... I have no idea what I just witnessed, but I want more.

Also: LOL @ related videos :p

Lurker
Reputation score

for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

I was pretty sure Cybertron fell at the end of the last game, but I like the look of this, and the promises it makes.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok. so NO Sony mmo is wanting to work past its launchpad, because i just tried Everquest 2 and it fucking refuses too. What in the name of fuck is going on?! Sonys mmos are the only ones being assholes.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

BonerBonerBonerBonerBonerBonerBonerBoner ok im done. But yes, im a huge fan of TRPG's,
Triple edit: Fuck my brain. Its pure samurai Warriors in those pictures with pokemon. Cao Cao and The Demon King from samurai warriors look So damn alike.

Last edited: