What's new

Games Discussion Thread

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

I hope it gets a European release as well, 3DS's aren't region free are they?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

So it has come to my attention that and just is popular.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Fun game that the dev is apparently going to make a full version of.

Definitely worth checking out, a fun way to waste 30-60 minutes, or perhaps only 10 even.

And you keep your upgrades, so go ahead and replay a couple of times.

Lurker
Reputation score

I have some extra games on Steam, and it's right about christmas time so:

World of Goo
Gish
VVVVVV
Gish
Aquaria
Machinarium
Bit.Trip.Runner

If you want any of these things, send Undeed a message on Steam, and I'll hook you up. Limit one per customer, terms and conditions apply, etcetera etcetera.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Sent you a friend invite, Steam name is JKDarkseid.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Something I kind of noticed about complaints for Final Fantasy XIII (Yes, I'm still talking about it.) is that they often center around things like the lack of random battles that are traditionally found in JRPGs, as they've been replaced with an overworld viewpoint that shows visible enemies. There are also some very scripted sequences for plot development and boss battles. Another complaint is that no optional sidequests really open until you get to the very last portion of the game, and that stat development is pretty much limited to what level the game wants you to be at.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's a red-haired Goku with a katana. Who couldn't like that?

Besides, I never remember FEELING like I was limited playing Chrono Trigger. Boss battles were a cinch and even fun if you took the time and leveled for them (instead of EVERY fight being ungodly tedious, I'm looking at you ANY ENEMY THAT FLIES). No matter what party you had you were bad ass. And you traveled through TIME.

Please tell me how XIII even comes close to that.

Edit: pic didn't like hotlinking, got a better one!

Last edited:

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a red-haired Goku with a katana. Who couldn't like that?

Besides, I never remember FEELING like I was limited playing Chrono Trigger. Boss battles were a cinch and even fun if you took the time and leveled for them (instead of EVERY fight being ungodly tedious, I'm looking at you ANY ENEMY THAT FLIES). No matter what party you had you were bad ass. And you traveled through TIME.

Please tell me how XIII even comes close to that.
Chrono Trigger could be extremely difficult as well if you low leveled ran it.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well, I'm about to find out how bad FF XIII is. Well, the 360 version, anyways. Picked up that, the Golden Axe: Beast Rider game, and X-Blades. All for under 10 USD. Promotions + Rewards card = JOYOUS.

And yes. This is what I do. I go out and buy cheap, supposedly bad games and play them for myself. And if I truly don't like them? I can take them back.

Lurker
Reputation score

My main complaint with XIII was that it played itself. There was an auto-attack button, and it always picked the best option you had access to. and the timer between actions is short enough that often the auto is the best choice for everyone to get their actions off on time. When you add the hallways, the game literally played itself. You just had to move forward and hit x once in a while.This was it's cardinal sin.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

My main complaint with XIII was that it played itself. There was an auto-attack button, and it always picked the best option you had access to. and the timer between actions is short enough that often the auto is the best choice for everyone to get their actions off on time. When you add the hallways, the game literally played itself. You just had to move forward and hit x once in a while.This was it's cardinal sin.
THANK YOU. YOU HAVE PREACHED MY RAGE IN A CALM MANNER. Thank you. The auto attack was a HUGE pisser-offer for me. im so glad im not the only one who felt it was stupid. sadly, im still the only one who hated FF10's Sphere grid.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

THANK YOU. YOU HAVE PREACHED MY RAGE IN A CALM MANNER. Thank you. The auto attack was a HUGE pisser-offer for me. im so glad im not the only one who felt it was stupid. sadly, im still the only one who hated FF10's Sphere grid.
Not really. Plenty of people think it was fucking stupid. Hell, I liked it for a while, until I realized that I had EVERYONE around EVERY part of it (except for Khimari(sp?) and Wakka, mostly because I just didn't use them towards the end). It was like, "Really? I just cast Holy with Auron. Okay, that's it, I'm done."

I still like the combat and Blitzball.
Hell, most of the time I go back to it in the past couple of years, all I wind up doing is playing Blitzball.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Not really. Plenty of people think it was fucking stupid. Hell, I liked it for a while, until I realized that I had EVERYONE around EVERY part of it (except for Khimari(sp?) and Wakka, mostly because I just didn't use them towards the end). It was like, "Really? I just cast Holy with Auron. Okay, that's it, I'm done."

I still like the combat and Blitzball.
Hell, most of the time I go back to it in the past couple of years, all I wind up doing is playing Blitzball.
Huzzah. Im not the only one. Its not so much that it was pure rage towards an innovative new way to level up, but the fact that Since it was brand new, it would also completely mind fuck people if they weren't ready for it. Like say if you went int a completely bad direction on the damn thing. You want to redo what you just fucked up right? wrongo, game wont let you. Now thats not to say i didnt think it was fun for some characters to get this or that ability like holy for auron, but i think the sphere grids customization was also its downfall.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sphere Grid was definately a Guide Dang It, even if it did have some (marginal) pluses, such as it's similarities to Materia system (if losely), and the ability for players to reatively easily make a character a milticlass of thier choice.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Sphere Grid was definately a Guide Dang It, even if it did have some (marginal) pluses, such as it's similarities to Materia system (if losely), and the ability for players to reatively easily make a character a milticlass of thier choice.
Heres a guide my good sir. i want a Fighter, a thief, a white mage, and a black mage. So the game gives it to me, and the story begins...

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Its not a happy day without a red mage.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Got Skyrim during my absence here... been rather enjoying it. Also ran through Saints Row 3, not bad but I liked the second one more. Still I had fun with it.

Probably give more in depths thoughts on both games later on. Like tomorrow morning or Monday.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Tried X-Blades today. Played the first 4 levels.

Initial impressions: Not a lot to go on so far. Feels like a knock-off of DMC, but that could just be because I've played a lot of DMC.
There's an upgrade system, which lets you upgrade your magic, swords(?), and guns.
Biggest complaints so far are:
1) Most of the time, enemy attacks don't _feel_ threatening. They can interrupt your casting, but you don't flinch or make any movement to indicate you've been hit. On the flip side, when it DOES want you to know you've been hit, you either go flying, or lose a ton of health. Or both.
2) Enemies feel either TOO weak, or TOO strong. The smaller enemies are easy as hell, but the bigger/tougher enemies are OMFG WHAT IS THIS.
3) Half the time when I go to jump, she rolls instead. Randomly. WTF IS THIS SHIT.
4) I don't think they kept the camera focused on her ass enough /sarcasm

I'll probably pick it up again after Christmas. For right now, yeah, not impressed, but, honestly, doesn't seem to be as bad as most people want to make it out to be.
Still have yet to try out FF XIII or Beast Rider.