What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

I bought Shin Megami Tensei IV a few days ago and have been playing it since then.
it's really fun, but the gameplay doesn't feel much different from the last SMT game I played, Persona 3. the most notable part so far is that it's a lot more smooth and I don't have to trudge through things anymore.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Another humble bundle

Saints row 2 and 3
Risen 2
Sacred 2 gold

4,62 dollar or more will also get you
Dead Island GOTY
Saints row 3 full package(DLC)

25 dollar or more adds in
Dead Island Riptide

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm just gonna leave here:

Apparently it's a mixture of Dayz and Minecraft, still pre-alpha though. In my opinion they are jamming too much at once into the game, however it does seem very promising. I especially like the concept of structural integrity when it comes to building houses etc.

A recommended video on the right end of the youtube video brought me to that I didn't know before. I had a great time watching it and there appears to be a web series, too. I don't know if it has been posted before, so apologies in advance if that is the case. Also I found the fact amusing that youtube chose to put an ad for mineral water in front of it.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

K, I'm wanting to pick up a few games before I go off for a minor trip that'll leave me free of internet for a few days. Any quick suggestions for quick and fast without requiring internet to play it?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

K, I'm wanting to pick up a few games before I go off for a minor trip that'll leave me free of internet for a few days. Any quick suggestions for quick and fast without requiring internet to play it?
Cataclysm roguelike
Prison Architect
Kerbal Space program

Lurker
Reputation score

Maybe look up Half Minute Hero.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Obsidious. Ten points from Ravenclaw.

fullmetal

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Anyone heard of Cubeworld?

It's like a mixture between high-res minecraft graphics and World of Warcraft. It looks pretty good, though I never really liked WoW.

ALSO: 100th post! Yaaaaayy~

Last edited:

Obsidious

Reputation score

Anyone heard of Cubeworld?

It's like a mixture between high-res minecraft graphics and World of Warcraft. It looks pretty good, though I never really liked WoW.

ALSO: 100th post! Yaaaaayy~
Seems like they're just trying to mooch off the success of minecraft. In the trailer not a single thing is built or destroyed. So I doubt that the engine will allow environmental manipulation.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Seems like they're just trying to mooch off the success of minecraft. In the trailer not a single thing is built or destroyed. So I doubt that the engine will allow environmental manipulation.
Judging from a specific vidya guy I've been watching, the only in-world manipulations thus far seem to be the ability to pimp out your weps by dragging bits onto it, and the fact enemies and bombs tear up the surface. From there, no idea if they got anything more then that into it yet.

Obsidious

Reputation score

Judging from a specific vidya guy I've been watching, the only in-world manipulations thus far seem to be the ability to pimp out your weps by dragging bits onto it, and the fact enemies and bombs tear up the surface. From there, no idea if they got anything more then that into it yet.
Well have you looked at the game I posted the day before yesterday? It's also inspired by minecraft, however I think it is ten times cooler.

But I think there are many more of these kinds of games inbound.

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Cubeworld doesn't seem like it will have much, if any, "world manipulation" because it's focused on being an RPG. It'll have weapon customization, which I find cute.
It's similar to Minecraft with how it looks, random world generation, and having the basics of armour and weapons.
If it had been released around the same time Minecraft was released, I would have gone with Cubeworld. However, because of my experience with Minecraft, I probably won't play it. Cubeworld would have what I want out of this type of game, but I've had enough of going through randomly-generated landscapes.

In my opinion, 7DtD is visually unappealing n overall looks boring.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

In my opinion, 7DtD is visually unappealing n overall looks boring.
Could be worse. Could be WarZ- oh, I'm sorry, it's called Infestation: Survivor Stories now... Gee, changing the name sure will help you out when even Steam shuts ya off.

Obsidious

Reputation score

Well it's still an early version. What I find cool though, as I stated before, is the fact that you can't just build into the air. So basically, the engine itself.
It should give plenty of opportunities for modders/mappers to do stuff with it.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I picked up a copy of betrayal in the house on the hill recently.

Accidentally stayed up till half 4 in the morning while playing with some friends. It's fun.

fullmetal

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nunu showing emotions? Treachery!

Apparently Project H.A.M.M.E.R. is really going to come out for the Wii U, the date is still unknown though.

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

already at the boss area for Pikmin 3
I'm a bit disappointed at how short it is compared to Pikmin 2 and that the piklopedia and treasures were removed

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think Dragon's Crown is a fun game. It's rather silly with the huge amount of sex appeal, perhaps enough to strangle those with low tolerance to silly-huge tits, but as a fan of D&D: Shadow over Mystara, I am enjoying this game.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

perhaps enough to strangle those with low tolerance to silly-huge tits
And if you don't mind the tits, the musclebutts might do it.

Also, suddenly so many games aaaaaaah. Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xillian and Papers Please and Spelunky HD PC version ohgawd.