What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
XSI pls, this is not a grand strategy game.

Also, isn't "Europa Universalis IV" with all the DLCs broken by now with all the intertwining content? I read someone claiming that.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
That's what torrents are for Xp .

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
It wouldn't surprise me, Paradox doesn't exactly inspire confidence

luciusma

Reputation score
I play apex legends. This game has interesting storyline and graphics. Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale game which I suggest to play fo all my friends. Information about stats, news I check on In the future I am going to create own team for playing apex legends

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Mordhau is pretty good
Maps and balance are kinda crap but the game itself is nice

eXtractA

Reputation score
i'm waiting for astral chain

developed by platinum games (devil may cry 1, bayonetta, metal gear rising revengeance, nier:automata... etc) with the character design of masakazu katsura

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Switch exclusive, unfortunate.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Nintendo not only announced a remake for Secret of Mana 2 (Now named Trials Of Mana) but also released a Mana collection for the Switch. For $ 40 you get Final Fantasy Adventure aka Mystic Quest, Secret Of Mana (the original, not the half-baked remake) and Secret Of Mana 2 - the latter for the first time outside of Japan. Excuse me while I dive headfirst into nostalgia.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Once again, EA pretty much made the whole Loot Box situation much worse for themselves and everyone else that relies on them. They were SOOOO desperate to justify it's use to the UK Parliament that it was incredibly obvious they were lying out their ass, they even tried to avoid referring to it as Loot Boxes, rather "Surprise Mechanics" as if they were trying to make it sound like it wasn't so bad. Boy I haven't laughed this hard in a bit.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Haha, that's some grade A+ corporate mealy-mouthed bullshit. I'm actually surprised that they're squirming at all anymore under this sort of inquiry.

I do find it rather... dangerous that the panel seems so focused on playtime and addiction. With the only obvious solution being some sort of fascist time limit on how long I can play games. It's nobody's business how much time I spend playing games just like it isn't how much time I spend humping my hand.

Reactions: XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Epic was present too, apparently
And they refused to describe an 'average player' by saying it's a 'commercial secret'
We know it's all 12 year olds on fortnite, that's not a business secret. That's exactly what they wanted to know because those 12 year olds are using their parents' money for the things you sell them

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Posted this in the disco too, but unlikely to get anyone that cares there.

Not really all that surprising as blizzard hasn't wanted to make actual games for a long time now, chasing those sub fees ever since WOW proved to be so profitable, bowing to social pressure from people that've never played a game in their life, and unreasonable expectations of clearly unsustainable growth patterns seem to be wearing the beast down. Too bad as I totally would've pirated a gears of starcraft.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Blizzard has serious issues, and hasn't made anything good since classic WoW
It's what happens when a company refuses to cater to demand and instead starts trying to change what demand is out there to fit their products. Shit just doesn't work
And also some staff may go to prison if they continue the way they are, turns out they've got some violent folk who are already in their second strike in California, which runs a three strikes system for it

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
So I've decided the time is ripe to go and play all the old action, sim, and shooter gundam games that I can get my hands on does anyone have any recommendations?

I played zeonic front many years ago, even still have the disc, and while it had many, MANY, flaws I still feel like it was the closest that they've come to mobile suit combat in a video game. Though to be fair I haven't played all that many gundam games since they didn't release them outside of Japan very often.

Last edited:

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
So I've decided the time is ripe to go and play all the old action, sim, and shooter gundam games that I can get my hands on does anyone have any recommendations?

I played zeonic front many years ago, even still have the disc, and while it had many, MANY, flaws I still feel like it was the closest that they've come to mobile suit combat in a video game. Though to be fair I haven't played all that many gundam games since they didn't release them outside of Japan very often.
If you can get past the crappy graphics, Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna Portable is a great FPS Gundam game. The controls are slow and heavy, which IMO is exactly what controlling giant robots should feel like.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Graphics aren't really much of a concern to me, grew up with the SNES so everything's an upgrade after that XD thanks for the suggest BTW!