Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So Bethesda managed to screw the pooch on fallout seventyshit's beta. XD

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
That's what everyone expected from Bethesda. Nothing about 76 looks even remotely appealing to me

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
So I'm seeing like a lot of gaming companies are going to the mobile trash route, like pokemon and diablo.....

I geese fuck their fan base. E.A already did this......

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh yeah, Blizzard did that, just imagine being one of those die-hard diablo fans having paid money to go to blizzcon so you could witness the teased 'great announcement' for diablo, only to be greeted by an announcement that they've outsourced the series you love to a chinese company to turn it into mobile trash
And then they give a giant middle finger to their fans with fun statements such as "Do you not have phones?", removing and re-uploading their trailer to youtube multiple times to get rid of the massive amount of dislikes, and having the dislikes removed a few times
Someone at Blizzard needs to get fired for this giant fuck up. If they didn't see it coming, fire them for gross incompetence. If they did, they need to be fired for intentionally trying to sabotage the company

At least Pokemon I can kind of understand, that was originally for a portable device

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Was anyone still holding onto diablo after the shitfest that was 3?

Blizzard seems to have become confused at some point, thinking that all their IPs are WoW and should be treated like such to succeed.

I'm glad for the influx of top-down ARPGs on steam because you're not going to get that diablo experience from blizz ever again.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Did a thing. Game is okay I guess
Dead by Daylight
Dead By Daylight is a bit hard to describe fully, so I'll just keep it as short as is reasonable without leaving anything out

It's a decent game of 4v1 in which four survivors try to escape a killer. The survivors use teamwork to repair generators and avoid being hit by the killer while the killer hunts for the survivors and tries to put them on hooks as a sacrifice.
A simple setup with reasonably varied killers and survivors. The maps are generally decent enough for the survivors to be able to run away or hide if they know what they're doing, and there are enough different maps to not get stale too easily

But at the same time, it gets repetitive as every game has the same objectives, and the same ways to get to those objectives. For killers, you employ your special powers and try to outsmart the survivors. For survivors, you spend a while doing QTEs on a generator while someone else runs away, or you spend your time running from the killer while the rest does QTEs. Then the exit opens and everyone tries to walk out. Or you died to the killer before you fixed enough generators. Either way, time to move on to do more of the same.
Balance wise things are a bit messy, with some perks being almost mandatory and others not worth taking in the slightest. There is a massive amount of grinding to get to the good perks and addons, and there are a lot of completely useless things you pick up along the way. Plus what you get is entirely random, so you just have to keep on grinding until it happens to give you what you wanted.
If you want to play as killer, you will have to spend between 5 and 20 minutes queuing while waiting for survivors to join you. It sucks, but it is understandable given that there have to be four of them for every killer.
The fact that it uses QTEs and button mashing as a mechanic for survivors means it's hard to really say it's a good game as well, but at least it's not all the time and you can play killer without having to do any of that.

All things said, it isn't bad. I would say it is pretty reasonable. If you can get friends to join you in it it then you will have a much better time, but even just on your own it can be enjoyable every now and then. You get good value for the price, but remember that it will have its flaws and it will proudly display those flaws as intentional design choice

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Ah I watched RJay play that a bit. At first I thought the game was entirely one-sided he'd just roam around terrorizing his opponents as a killer until he decided to kill them. But that's because they were all idiots, now unless it's been changed since then, at high level the survivors end up getting some pretty balance breaking abilities and mods. When he switched over to survivor the killer had no chance of stopping him.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
It's got several levels of skill in the rankings
The lowest ranks has everyone being bad or new, so that's balanced
Then there's a layer where the killers got good but the survivors have no idea so they all die
Then there's a layer where the survivors got good but the killers have no idea how to deal with it so they all escape
Then the reverse again, and repeat until the highest ranks where the best killers basically know exactly where all the survivors are at any time, literally teleport right on top of the survivors or know the perfect way to cut them off and catch them, and the survivors work together well enough to still let one or two get out without dying if they handle things well

If you get good and don't play too much, you'll be able to just stay in the layers of ranks where you have an advantage. And this is actually encouraged by the game because you get more points that way. And more points translates into faster grinding for the stuff you actually want
People complain sometimes that they can't derank back to the lowest ranks, because the lowest ranks give the best rewards

Or to put it in short, balance is a joke in that game

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Reggie Fils-Aimé will be retiring from his position as CEO of Nintendo of America in April (We'll miss you, Reggie :cry:). In his place, Bowser will assume the position of CEO. lol

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Free weekend for this

It's pretty good

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Nah, it's actual-good, not "Sucks but we're paid to say it's good"-good

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is an excellent Open-World RPG with well-written characters, decisions that matter, combat moves with impact, a multitude of valid gameplay styles, the fun naval combat of AC: Black Flag and a beautiful world.

A good Assassin's Creed game, however, it is not.

Since you have items now that have stats, an assassination is no longer a guaranteed kill - so even if you manage to stealth your way up to your target, it's perfectly possible your target survives getting stabbed and you get into a fight anyway, often involving all those guards you snuck past. Unless you're decked out in a complete set of assassin-damage boosting gear, you're usually better off getting into a fight and then deal with the bounty that's placed on your head, and they're pretty substantial early in the game (while becoming trivial later on). Now, you CAN either lay low and wait for your bounty to lower or track down the bounty-giver and stab them - but in the meantime, you'll have to deal with mercenaries coming after you, which are real sons-of-bitches to defeat. Combine that with the fact that counters no longer instantly kill your opponent and a leveling system that discourages you from exploring large chunks of the game world until you're almost topped off, and you have a game that plays much more similar to the Witcher III than one of the games in its own lineage.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, mind you. But you should be aware of that before going into it. I'd give it 8/10 grains of salt overall.

Reactions: XSI

luciusma

Reputation score
I play old and well-known games like CS GO and Dota. Also few months ago I got interested in esport and esports events like local tournaments. Friends who play with me in Dota told me about esports betting I will interested in it and want to try it.

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
So basically out of nowhere, one of the most beloved flawed gems of gaming history had its sequel announced:

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
Yush. Release date: 2020.

Let's be carefully hyped and not pre-order yet.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
They have the original writer back and, let's be fair here, it'd be a damn impressive feat to produce a game as broken as the first one.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
At the same time though, it was beautiful. Even before unofficial patches fixed most of everything.

This is rather exciting, I've had an itch for a new game like this for a while and despite the many indie attempts none have come close to scratching it.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Paradox huh
Release date 2020, finished date 2030 with 500 bux worth of DLC