What's new

Games Discussion Thread

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
So it looks like BoTW has fixed nintento's shitty timeline fuckery by merging the timelines together. Here's a pretty spoiler free post about it: I'd make my own but there's really no reason to when I agree with what this person's saying.

Might just be wishful thinking on my part, I always hated the timeline split. Especially the dead timeline, like who the fuck played OoT, lost to ganon and went "Nope, I'm done. I give up. The hero of time has failed." ? Nobody, that's who.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
I just browsed Steam's latest releases, and amongst them is " ", some sort of "Monster Girl Hunter" game with erotic visuals/character designs, femdom and . o.o
Gameplay and combat system look rather simplistic, but the animations are great.

Here's a gameplay video made by a Steam reviewer:

I thought maybe this game is something for @XSI to check out? :D

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Lol what XD, I'm surprised Steam released that with the recent push backs against lewd games. Looks interesting though!

Anyone check out E3? Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing, and looks like a new Starfox game is coming finally (Starlink I think called).

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I dunno about that pushback, pretty sure steam DGAF about what SJW's or prudefags think.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Steam has changed their policy on lewd games
Now it's "As long as it doesn't break any laws or is taking the piss, you're good to go"

Game looks like it's not my thing

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Depends on what kind of action game you like.

I'm a big fan of spectacle fighters like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. If that's you're thing the DMC HD collection has the first three titles for $30 Only 20$ for Bayonetta while depending on your taste the story could be considered a dumpster fire there's no denying that it's gameplay is top-notch for the genre.

If 3rd person shooters are more your style, there's Vanquish which is the first game I liked so much I played it enough to get all the cheevos on Xbbox 360, it's a great fast-paced title. Though at $20 it's more pricey than I'd expect an 8 year old game to cost, they did updoot the graphics.

If you're looking for something more challenging and have an Xbox or 360 the Ninja gaiden games are very good. Honestly I'd think the Dark souls devs played them and said "Let's make a game like this, but HARDER, and make the player move slower" Should be able to pick them up used pretty cheap, unfortunately they don't seem to be on PC which is kind of a tragedy.

And lastly if you're more into action RPGs (not the diablo kind) there's Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning I found it very fun, though the story's kinda meh.

Guess I should've asked what you consider cheap..

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
We will need to know what sort of game you want to play unless you just want to hear about any game out there, but here's what I've seen floating around recently

If you're into something like Stardew Valley, Graveyard keeper came out recently

Casual sailing/combat? Nantucket is about whaling in the same era as Moby Dick

Want to manage a civ-like game without having to worry about other players? Egypt Old Kingdom can do that

FPS game with fast paced action? Mothergunship lets you do the fps thing, and it's pretty simple to pick up

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just fuckin wow.

How can someone who doesn't actually play games get a job in gaming journalism? Though I guess I should has how would someone who does play games get a job in gaming journalism?

It's insane that someone who knows nothing about an industry has the job of relaying relevant information to the public. There's no way someone reporting on wine could be a person that's never drank wine and knows next to nothing about it.

Stop reading games journalism until they hire people who are suited to the role.

Edit: I realized that I didn't properly highlight WHY this person is a scrub that shoudn't have the job that they do. First of all the complained about lack of music, well in DMC5 the music played actually depends on how well you do in the game. Second they're bitching about the camera, if you don't play games enough that the camera isn't a minor complaint (ignoring something truly atrocious) well you don't have enough experience to even begin to address the concerns of people that do. Lastly, the whinging about the arm mechanic is just sad, even from their own words I can tell that it's meant to be a fun addition to gameplay an added mechanic that doesn't detract from what you can do when not using it, plus we all know you're not going to be playing the same character that isn't Dante throughout the entire game.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
So Two-Point Hospital, Theme Hospital's successor came out
And two hours before the release, they revealed that it uses Denuvo

Which basically means it's fucked, and if you pirate it you will have a game that runs better and with less hassle than if you pay for it
A shame, I was looking forward to it, but I suppose I'll need to look up how to torrent again and hope to avoid the bitcoin miners
It's already been cracked, of course, and pirates were able to play before people who legitimate bought the game

Other Theme Hospital inspired games are set to come out soon(tm), so you may be able to skip this entirely

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
Oh, thanks for the info XSI. I was thinking about giving the game a shot, as it looks fun (like Theme Hospital was), but I guess I'll pass....or wait until ca'pn slicer plunders it somewhere and hands it over to me for free, arrrrr!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I just use kickass or piratebay. Very rarely Demonoid as it never really recovered from the take-down.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
And in case you're looking for an alternative

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
Oh, that looks nice too! Will you review it until/after release as well, ?

Reactions: XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Possibly, I've been playing Graveyard Keeper. Going to review that one first
It's going to be a while before that one comes out anyway

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
"Graveyard Keeper"? I was about to buy this one right away, looking forward to your review!

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
It's good, I'm pretty sure I'm over 30 hours in
Somewhat rough edges in a few places, but in general it's worth it