What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

If we're talking just Halo: Combat Evolved, ... yeeeaahhh.... unless they're on Legendary, it's really NOT that hard to beat, so if they're dragging it out, it's for the viewers.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I heard "Last two stages"! Almost done.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

If we're talking just Halo: Combat Evolved, ... yeeeaahhh.... unless they're on Legendary, it's really NOT that hard to beat, so if they're dragging it out, it's for the viewers.
The last level inside the downed ship to plant the bomb in combat evloved on legendary was sooo effing hard. I rdied like 10 times.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I think they started on Legendary, but then they realized it was definitely too hard, so they toned it down to Normal. But by the time they did that, the speedrunner was completely burned out and really stressed, so he was making a lot of mistakes. We're about three hours behind schedule right now.

Also at the final Warthog drive through the ship on the final level, the speedrunner did a 360 in midair, making everything alright.

We're on Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes now.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also at the final Warthog drive through the ship on the final level, the speedrunner did a 360 in midair, making everything alright.
I couldn't tell, was that intentional?

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, it was. If you have the other stream up, the one with all the speedrunners sitting around, they all saw that he was getting close to that part, and they all went "Do the 360 man!"

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

They bet some random guy in chat that if he did it that the guy would donate $5.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, that part glitched out for me. it looked like he missed the speed he needed and just fell.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

man that Warthog scene was fucking crazy as SHIT. If you fucked up once, just fucking once, your raped in the asshole. Especially if your on co-op and your friend cant drive.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You know whats a good way to teach your friend how to drive?

Same way I did...

Private match Online Set up a rocket race varient with hogs...

Then put a rocket turret on a high point of the map and let your ijiot friend drive as you aerial bombard them...

Either they learn to drive fast and keep the vehicle upright along with quick recovery skills when your in a spinout

Or they get frusturated and drop the controller as you laugh at there rolling exploding truck as it falls off the map...

Me I got better during H3's double xp weekends rocket races...

Mongooses are harder than Warthogs for most... But I can fly my goose... With a rocket of course... But still...

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

You know whats a good way to teach your friend how to drive?

Same way I did...

Private match Online Set up a rocket race varient with hogs...

Then put a rocket turret on a high point of the map and let your ijiot friend drive as you aerial bombard them...

Either they learn to drive fast and keep the vehicle upright along with quick recovery skills when your in a spinout

Or they get frusturated and drop the controller as you laugh at there rolling exploding truck as it falls off the map...

Me I got better during H3's double xp weekends rocket races...

Mongooses are harder than Warthogs for most... But I can fly my goose... With a rocket of course... But still...
Haha are you serious? Did you experiment with a friend of yours with that method? because im fairly certain my friends would get pissed and go grab a sniper rifle lol.

Edit: It probably didnt help that We were drunk, but all the same its still not that hard to drive. I finally got us out of there with time to spare. he couldnt shoot anything though, said the targets were moving too fast when they didnt budge at all.

Last edited:
Reputation score

Halo was SUPPOSED to be on Normal or Easy, for the sake of speedrunning it. But people whined and moaned and donated money to make it be Legendary, and oh hell were they not ready to do Legendary.

It kind of sucks, because all three of the first three games went over more than they meant to, and it makes them not look skilled, even though they are VERY skilled.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You still watching it? Cody seems to be struggling on MGS2 also.

Edit- Well, the struggling's over. Cody pretty much redeemed himself with MGS2, and the Splinter Cell run was basically flawless. Now they're barely on schedule. I can't stop watching. The commentary is pure gold.

Last edited:
Reputation score

UPDATE ON MYST: If they get total donations of $50 towards Myst, they will go back to get the disk and put it back on the list!

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Could be actual information on Skyrim? If so I'm going to laugh so hard at the 'no class's but perks included' section.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Ive already read up completely on Skyrim in gameinformer. I'm more giddy than a school girl!

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

It does sound pretty amazing, though some of the stuff they're planning sounds like they could be planning more than they can do. However it is Bethesda so they should be able to pull it off. Albeit with a shitton of bugs and glitches.

The reason why the article amused me though is that when Skyrim was announced I said to one of my friends 'wouldnt it be hilarious if they went full circle and made Fallout; Medieval Edition, reducing the number of skills and adding perks and V.A.T.S. into it.' And now that article has indeed proved me right in two places at least. I'm really hoping they will put a kind of V.A.T.S. system in it so I can laugh so hard at his naivete.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

It does sound pretty amazing, though some of the stuff they're planning sounds like they could be planning more than they can do. However it is Bethesda so they should be able to pull it off. Albeit with a shitton of bugs and glitches.

The reason why the article amused me though is that when Skyrim was announced I said to one of my friends 'wouldnt it be hilarious if they went full circle and made Fallout; Medieval Edition, reducing the number of skills and adding perks and V.A.T.S. into it.' And now that article has indeed proved me right in two places at least. I'm really hoping they will put a kind of V.A.T.S. system in it so I can laugh so hard at his naivete.
Ehhh im hoping Bethesda doesnt abuse the fallout license to that extent. In my heart Interplay always did it right for me, and always did it best.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I've already heard it's "Oblivion with guns, without guns"

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I've already heard it's "Oblivion with guns, without guns"
They did what they had to, people whined about how hard fallout 1 and 2 were. They wanted to reinvent it for the current gen.