Garnering Interest: Paradise

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Garnering Interest: Paradise

It doesn't make sense, I know. It's a weapon from Venta Kai stories, and I felt like bringing it back.

My other thought on this was: It's a game that's basically 'stealing' technology and themes from games like Mass Effect, a few weapons (Pulse Rifle and Smart Gun), and also the general 'physics' from those universes... Even though none of the titular characters will be making an appearance.

I figured if I'm stretching ti that far, why not stretch it a bit further?

Edit: And yes, it's basically rifling, but to a further extent... whatever that means.

Moar edit: I also just took the 'vibro' melee weapons from Star Wars Galaxies. Figured I should throw that in there.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Vortex: Another heavy pistol, suited for long range battles with it's high-caliber slug. The firearm is based off miniaturization of armaments on cruisers, with phasic slugs that can fly at an extremely high speed. This pistol round plows through anything less than five feet thick.
Damage: d8, clip size: 8, firing rate: Single Fire
Very long range: -10, long range: -7, medium range: -3, short range: 0, very short range: -5
Cost: 8000 Credits
Special: Can pierce multiple objects.
Even though it has a damage die 2 higher than the next strongest pistol and can pierce multiple objects, This pistol definitely doesn't to be very good given its high price tag, single shot and uselessness at anything closer than or farther than short range.

Quantum X11: A heavy, armor-piercing pistol that uses 14mm shells to obliterate enemies. It's illegal to use in the streets, only available in full-scale military situations.
Damage: D6, clip size: 8, Firing Rate: Semi Auto
Very long range: -10, Long range: -8, Medium range: -5, Short range: 0, Very short range: +2
Cost: 1200 Credits
Given that pistols are supposed to be short range weapons, I'd classify this to be much better than the Vortex given the fact that the semi-auto balances out the penetration and the -2 to damage die size is vastly outweighed by the ability to use it in close quarters. Not to mention that this is a small fraction of the cost.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Vortex: Another heavy pistol, suited for long range battles with it's high-caliber slug. The firearm is based off miniaturization of armaments on cruisers, with phasic slugs that can fly at an extremely high speed. This pistol round plows through anything less than five feet thick.
Damage: d8, clip size: 8, firing rate: Single Fire
Very long range: -10, long range: -7, medium range: -3, short range: 0, very short range: -5
How about...

Damage: d12, clip size: 8, firing rate: Single Fire
Very long range: -7, long range: -5, medium range: 0, short range: +2, very short range: -5
It still receives a higher negative to very short range due to the longer barrel on the pistol.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

That'd probably work better. It was just that the accuracy penalties keep it from being useful anywhere but short range so a marginal increase in damage wasn't really worth it. (As is, I still doubt any scientist will use it simply because they won't be able to hit anything with it, but it might be useful for a ranger now.)

24FM

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm interested.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Any further updates Silth?

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Can we start to make our character sheets?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bump?