What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ GIMANJYO] ぎまんじょ MAGIC -destination of heat- RE137265 RJ137265

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: ke避難所 - MAGIC

Heck the old demo would be fine, none of the download links work anymore tho. :(

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Heck the old demo would be fine, none of the download links work anymore tho. :(
I'll re upload it if I can find it on my computer

Okay, I do have it, but I think it may be corrupt in one way or another. Tried starting it but it gave me some errors, may be because I'm not on jap unicode atm. Give it a try and let me know

Uuh once it's finished upl that is

There's been a new blog post today btw

Done:

Click the button that says "download this file" in the centre, not the ads on the side lol

Last edited:

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Done:

the zip file is broken

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

For whatever reason, Ke had only planned for the demo to be available for about a month from the beginning, though that kind of thing doesn't make much sense to me. It should also be worth noting that Ke is also very much aware of this board, so keep that in mind before you guys go overboard on uploading things. Granted, that's a good rule in general for any game; links to their websites (especially to their dropbox!) or using the original Japanese title (not applicable in this case though) will lead the developer straight to us. A lot of developers have been able to find their work uploaded on this site, so we're gaining a lot of infamy among them. One way they put it (as he told me anyway) is that this [type of] website is even shadier than the people who make these kinds of games. Not trying to be 'captain morality' here or anything, just reminding everyone of our situation before unpleasant things happen to the site. I can't say I know what the best approach to take from there is, though.

Anyway, now for some good news.

It lacks any large amount of testing, but I have finished what should be a fully translated version of the demo now. I'm hesitant to post a public link for reasons listed above, but I'm not against sharing it. If you gave this game a pass on account of language, this might be a good opportunity for you.

Last edited:

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

For whatever reason, Ke had only planned for the demo to be available for about a month from the beginning, though that kind of thing doesn't make much sense to me. It should also be worth noting that Ke is also very much aware of this board, so keep that in mind before you guys go overboard on uploading things. Granted, that's a good rule in general for any game; links to their websites (especially to their dropbox!) or using the original Japanese title (not applicable in this case though) will lead the developer straight to us. A lot of developers have been able to find their work uploaded on this site, so we're gaining a lot of infamy among them. One way they put it (as he told me anyway) is that this [type of] website is even shadier than the people who make these kinds of games. Not trying to be 'captain morality' here or anything, just reminding everyone of our situation before unpleasant things happen to the site. I can't say I know what the best approach to take from there is, though.

Anyway, now for some good news.

It lacks any large amount of testing, but I have finished what should be a fully translated version of the demo now. I'm hesitant to post a public link for reasons listed above, but I'm not against sharing it. If you gave this game a pass on account of language, this might be a good opportunity for you.
Well hell. Developing H-games is not against the law (in some countries), but piracy is definitely illegal. We are obviously assholes from their point of view. Surprisingly, we still have the decency to not share games as soon as the developer tell us not to... fortunately that they haven't figured this out yet.

For future reference, always use anonymous redirect in all of your links.

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score

yeah your not on japanese unicode, all the pics and data files have gibberish in all their names. so it is indeed a broken upload, thanks for the try tho. :(

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Theoretically if I go back in to Japanese unicode and re-packed it, would it work?

Radio

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't say I'd mind if you tried :p

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Not sure if anyone is keeping up with this game, but he's made substantial progress. Since the alpha version these have been completed:

Four more dungeon layouts
Two new characters (one, Sara, was sort of introduced in the demo)
Events and such for the last boss

Ke is currently working on coding in the rest of the events, and will start working on all the items next, followed by all the CGs.

It's worth noting that the current step and the CGs are easily the most time consuming, particularly the current one. But since the framework for events is fairly solid as shown in the alpha build (I did some poking around in the code, the only real issue is calling up the names of playable characters, everything else is pretty impressive), there shouldn't be any problems.

The estimated time until completion is 7 months. Please note that there will most likely not be another demo and that the full game will be on sale and not free.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Is no one following this game? Anyway, Ke made a general but informative update today. (I missed this before, but the characters will be voiced!)

DATA
Release Date: April~June 2014
Audience: Adult
Format: Download only (he's still considering who to distribute it through)
Compatible OS: Windows XP/7/8(expected)

STORY
Selena and Sefi, two 'Adventurers' who engage in shady activities for money.
The two of them visit a poor village while travelling, finding it overrun by monsters from a nearby abandoned mine.
"Where monsters appear, there is treasure"
Selena and Sefi enter the mine, and what awaits them is--

CHARACTERS

Selena Ekrestein
Specializes in Power and Speed.
Although she has training with various weapons,
she uses her magic to enhance her legs for powerful kicks.
A caring, older sister type, she takes charge of the party.
While she doesn't hate men, what she likes are little girls.

Sefidia Star
Selena's close friend, nicknamed Sefi.
Uses fire magic and magic thread as a weapon.
She has a critical weakness to cold, and therefore wears a coat and tights at all times.
She is good at cooking, sewing, and other household chores.
She doesn't like sour food.

Sara Alhazard
Adventurer friend of Selena and Sefi.
User of ice magic, and can summon the 'uknown'.
She speaks only when necessary.
Fearless and calm, she displays very little emotion.

Axis Fasseus
Asmodian who came to the human realm through its own power (or so it says).
Hair? It has freely movable tentacles on its head which it uses for combat.
Childish and interested in the human world.
Also loves sweets.

SYSTEM
Explore and fight monsters within the abandoned mine. As could be typical for an RPG, the goal is a 'Treasure' in the deepest part of the mine.
Characters can have their clothes torn when attacked by the enemy.
Certain enemies (bosses) will have H-event scenes, but normal fights will not.

*There will be various H-scenes in the game, but while enough to warrant an R-18 rating, there will not be any scenes featuring a human male with a human female. Please make note of this.
And now something to hopefully incentivize more interest in this game:

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

And now something to hopefully incentivize more interest in this game:

I can't download from there, care to send diferent dl links?

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

I can't download from there, care to send diferent dl links?
My bad, I wasn't paying attention and used the wrong links. I updated the links in the post, but I'll also add them here:

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ir9omy2gf9jd7bs/MAGIC1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jop9xo18hp5ba31/Magic2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nioil1j7tgisgh/MAGIC3.jpg

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Been waiting for this game for so long... I wish there was an updated demo or something, the one that was around had nothing to show much...

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Been waiting for this game for so long... I wish there was an updated demo or something, the one that was around had nothing to show much...
True, though to be fair, the first demo was an alpha build, or basically a proof of concept to gauge interest. While it did provide a great example of a lot of the game's unique systems (magic as defense, cooking and eating to restore stamina, clothing damage and sewing kits), it's implied that the full game will see a lot more polish, and I'd like to see a demo with that level of detail, but last I talked to them, it seemed unlikely.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

... this has my attention.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Ke uploaded a video showcasing Selena's voice.

ker5.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-336.html

Action games go either way, but it's much rarer for RPGs to have voiced characters. Not only that, but from what I can tell, the voice work here is really good. I was excited for this game before, but now, I'm going crazy waiting for it.

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

This thread pertains to my interests. Subscribed!

Thank you for keeping us updated, Stiltzkinator.

OP
Zabz

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Bzzzt, minor update including a release date, I figure that is enough to keep people entertained, or teased. I personally cannot wait.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score
Re: ke避難所 MAGIC - destination of heat -

Specifically, looks like the current intent is for it to be done around mid July, though as always, this is tentative.

For the record, I'm still planning on doing a full translation of the game, though that is something which may take a considerable amount of time. I'll try to have a basic names/items/skills/combat translation out within a few days, and then work on story/game overs at my own pace.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: ke避難所 MAGIC - destination of heat -

This has come up on dlsite's "announce" list with demo attached:

Not sure what's new in this demo version, though. 3 gameover scenes when losing to specific enemies, it seems.

Tentative release date mid-july. Choo-choo, all aboard the hype train!