What's new

RPG [ gjbindels ] Alone Amongst Demons - Final, English RPGMaker

Reputation score
Re: Alone Amongst Demons - Final, English

Once you get summoned by the guy in the castle does the scene change if you lose to the ghost girl in the haunted house?

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm somewhere over an hour in but WOW, what a... pain in the ass game!

I kept skimming the thread for hints/a guide cause I thought I was missing something (I completely missed the haunted house) but it was still a goddamn pain in the ass! (Caps sensitive passwords are bullshit!!! I played Sierra games in the 90's I'm done with that fucking garbage!!! *rage*rage*rage*)

I'll still give this game a chance but the writing better be goddamn amazing cause the combat is asinine (did I go insane from rage or do monsters respawn in this game?).

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some monsters definitely respawn but later on they more or less stop doing that. However, this does little to improve the combat as you stop getting exp altogether and there's absolutely no point to fighting anymore, yet you're faced with lots of enemies with relatively large amounts of health which ultimately leads to extremely tedious combat.

You can skip most if not all of it by just running away and avoiding enemies, but this too is rather irritating.

Game overall isn't bad, the writing itself is interesting and somewhat well done, but grammar and spelling are both absolutely awful (it's completely legible though, if you can overlook it)

arconite

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The Answer is deadinacasket. no spaces. has to fill the whole number of _ _ _ _... spaces in order to work

I added some screenshots and images I found in the game folder.

It seems the art may not be as good in the beginning due to the author's experience. It's not that it was bad either, just very compressed jpg. The rest seem ok.

Reputation score

The town invasion simulation part seems impossible, I'm out of mana with no way to get more and I have to fight multiple groups of three soldiers each while half my attacks miss, I never saw any mana potions or anything of the like in town before I left.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can evade most of the fights (and probably should) or at least conserve your mana, it's certainly possible but it's easy to overspend your mana.

There's a dude halfway through that restores all your health and mana.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The town invasion simulation part seems impossible, I'm out of mana with no way to get more and I have to fight multiple groups of three soldiers each while half my attacks miss, I never saw any mana potions or anything of the like in town before I left.
Well, there's always Cheat Engine. :)

Still, it could be worse. Apparently in an earlier version of the game:

I was thinking about adding some quest that forced players to search the maps a little, be glad you did not have to do the first installment of that quest,
that was just one big map with over 110 plants to go trough and you needed to find 30 right ones If I remember correctly,
but I got lots of complaints so I downsized it and spread the quest out over a few maps. trying to find the plant samples.

OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The Answer is deadinacasket. no spaces. has to fill the whole number of _ _ _ _... spaces in order to work
I tried this just in case, but it didn't seem to work for me :/. But this one by Mouse did:

Answer is
"body in coffin" without the quotemarks
if I remember it correctly.
Hi BAB, you can either do this:

You can evade most of the fights (and probably should) or at least conserve your mana, it's certainly possible but it's easy to overspend your mana.

There's a dude halfway through that restores all your health and mana.
Or I'm considering creating a save at the beginning with some useful items (99 hp/mana potions and hp/mp/power ups). I prefer it to shooting up stats cause it's more like a choose-to-cheat option only if things get too tough. If you want, PM me your save and I can add it for yours.

GJbindels

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi this is the creator of the game alone amognst demons.
its not that I really mind you sharing my game here.
but I would have liked to be asked first.
also sorry for my bad english not a native speaker.

well that is all I wanted to say.
I hope you all enjoy playing it
and if you have questions or are stuck somewhere check out the Original
forum where I started the game.
(I believe the link has been shared here once already. I cant post it here yet)

Greetings GJbindels

OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you get stuck at all, you can wade through the game's 169 page discussion thread here:
Thanks djweish! I put the link in the first post since there's plenty of discussion on getting unstuck.

Hi this is the creator of the game alone amognst demons.
its not that I really mind you sharing my game here.
but I would have liked to be asked first.
also sorry for my bad english not a native speaker.

well that is all I wanted to say.
I hope you all enjoy playing it
and if you have questions or are stuck somewhere check out the Original
forum where I started the game.
(I believe the link has been shared here once already. I cant post it here yet)

Greetings GJbindels
Welcome to the ULMF forums as a semi-new member! I didn't know you had a presence here, but I went ahead and PM'd you regarding this. Thanks for offering your support!

WolfX23

Reputation score

Stuck at the town simulation where you're supposed to summon the dragon. I managed to convince the guards to let me into town, but I can't find where to go or what to do next.

GJbindels

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Stuck at the town simulation where you're supposed to summon the dragon. I managed to convince the guards to let me into town, but I can't find where to go or what to do next.
it depends on how far you are along with the simulation town
a good start would be to look around town. and talk to the difrent poeple
until you can finally enter the inn.

first thing you want to do is go the the house left of the Inn
enter it and explore it.
after that there are 2 ways you can go about it.
before entering the inn. depending on the choise you made
at the gate. talk to the commender in the weapons room
on the most nortren map
or go to the house behind the jail and kill an old man
after that you can enter the inn. you will be either send to jail
or you will go to the barraks depending on your choise.
hope this helps.

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Final version was released 4/27 but I don't see a thread for it. This is a pretty extensive game with H of varying quality on the side, and easily averages ~16 hours of gameplay.
There was a thread at some point, don't really feel like searching for it. The main reason or the varying quality of art, is that the author is using pictures found on the internet. Not a fan of that personally, but I lack artistic talent as well, and understand why someone would use free use pictures (I'm assuming they are all free use and that the author isn't making any money off this).

GJbindels

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There was a thread at some point, don't really feel like searching for it. The main reason or the varying quality of art, is that the author is using pictures found on the internet. Not a fan of that personally, but I lack artistic talent as well, and understand why someone would use free use pictures (I'm assuming they are all free use and that the author isn't making any money off this).
true I use picutes found on the internet.
and I am not asking any money this is totaly free to play game.
I would love to make a game with art I truly own and made.
but alas I am a worthless when it comes to drawing picutes.
but I am trying to do so in a new game I am making

luci23

Reputation score

I'm really stuck at the rock-pushing puzzle, i just can't figure it out.
Could anyone please help?

blazernovax

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

sory to ask but yuo regain yuor body or stay sucubus all time

OP
K

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm really stuck at the rock-pushing puzzle, i just can't figure it out.
Could anyone please help?
I tried to go back and give you a step-by-step, but the puzzle was already solved. Best I can do is show you what the end state is.
Also, here's some info from another forum:
Follow what looks like the way to get the furthest, then when you get stuck, push the rock on the right. Somehow, this will make another rock roll north.

sory to ask but yuo regain yuor body or stay sucubus all time
You stay a succubus this game. The author mentioned working on another game that touches on what's going on with Luka's body, I believe called The Change.

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I need to come back to this, one of my very first RPGMaker games!!

I love the slow corruption of the main character, but never finished back then (found it on TFgamesite when the last version was dinner with a noble)

luci23

Reputation score

I tried to go back and give you a step-by-step, but the puzzle was already solved. Best I can do is show you what the end state is.
[/SPOILER]
Also, here's some info from another forum:
Follow what looks like the way to get the furthest, then when you get stuck, push the rock on the right. Somehow, this will make another rock roll north.

Thank you so much, owe u one

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

How many H-scenes are in the game (not an exact number, but around. 5? 15? 25?)?