What's new

Gold and Blood (Archer) (GM = xivvix)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Gold and Blood (Archer) (GM = xivvix)

Mina's Status: HP = 35/47, P = 40, EP = 34/51; Flight, Paralyzed
From her position on the ground, Mina can tell that Cherry heard her command. The corrupted woman nods quickly, tears in her eyes as she watches her friends struggle in battle.

Grapple (Knight vs Akah): 41 vs 37. Hit.
Body Check (Mina): 3 + 30 = 33 vs 30. Pass
To-Hit (Mina vs Spider): 10 + 47 - 8 = 49 vs 37. Hit
Damage: 4 + 9 = 13
To-Hit (Mina vs Spider): 12 + 45 - 8 = 49 vs 37. Hit
Damage: 5 + 9 = 14. Killed.
Grapple Escape (Akah vs Knight): 38 vs 57. Fail
To-Hit (Jerr vs Lightmage): 54 vs 29. Hit
Damage: 18.
Casting: Success
Mind Check: 29 vs 30. Fail

Mina struggles through the effects of the venom, finally convincing her muscles to move and sending herself hurtling back at the massive spider looking down at her. Her blades sink into the creature's carapace yet again, though this time it is unable to maintain it's hold on the wall and falls to the cobblestone street below. With a thud it's back impacts against the hard road, it's legs flailing wildly for a second before falling limp. Mina hovers silently in the air as she looks between the two scenes of combat unfolding before her.

The demonic knight, after having so easily nearly killed Akah, lowers it's weapon and with a mocking laugh reaches forward to grab the gruff by his neck. The gruff tries to pull away and knock the armored hand away with his mace, but is too slow. The knight easily lifts Akah into the air, the fey's feet swaying a foot above the ground. "I was expecting better," the knight says with a gravelly voice. Though Akah tries to struggle out of the demon's grip, he is simply too weakened by the previous attack to do more than grunt in exertion.

Jerr fares better in his assault against the stalker, his stone axe slicing open a nasty gash in it's chest. The demon staggers back, frantically speaking the words of a simple spell and thrusting his hands palm out towards the gruff. Jerr is surprised by the spell, but manages to bring his hand up over his just as a blindingly white flash of light shoots out. With a laugh, the younger gruff says, "Is this all you've got? Pretty lights?" The stalker fearfully takes a step back as Jerr returns to his combat stance.

(Jerr is 25 feet to the west, Akah is 15 feet to the southeast, Cherry is 25 feet to the east)

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(Cancel flight, 8 point single target blast on the knight)

Mina dropped to the ground without a word and brought her blade up to point at the knight so satisfied with his small victory he forgot all about the human who had just killed off most of his squad. A shimmer traveled down her blade and then shot out the end aimed straight at the foe holding her companion. "So, was it good for you?" Mina said with a smirk.

(Hopefully that one-liner will be said over his charred corpse)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Mina's Status: HP = 35/47, P = 40, EP = 26/51

Energy Drain (Knight vs Akah): 41 vs 40. Hit
Damage: 11 + 30 - 4 = 37. Down.
To-Hit (Mina vs Knight): 14 + 21 = 35 vs 77. Miss
To-Hit (Jerr vs Lightmage): 50 vs 29. Hit.
Damage: 20. Killed.

A dark aura begins to engulf the demonic knight and it quickly spreads to Akah. The older gruff struggles in the demon's grip but soon begins to convulse, his eyes rolling up in his head as his arms and legs go limp. His mouth hangs open and Mina can hear the gruff's breath leave him in a wheeze as the knight grunts in satisfaction.

Mina's quip serves only as a warning to the supernaturally enhanced knight. Before the blast hits him, he simply raises a hand, calling into existence a barrier of dark energy, which absorbs the spiritual power Mina had directed at him. "Yes. His soul was delicious," the knight replies, his voice full of laughter. The now lifeless body of the older gruff falls to the ground as the knight releases his grip and turns to face the mercenary.

With a swift diagonal swing, Jerr delivers the final blow against the stalker mage, the demon falling to the ground in a pool of it's dark blood. The gruff spins, a smile on his face, though his expression changes to one of fear, then anger, as he sees his friend fall to the ground. "You're going to pay for that!" the gruff yells.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(Just noticed that knight has super stats,he could down me in one hit, I don't think I'll even connect on him without a near perfect roll...)

Mina gripped the hilts of her blades and glared. She also wanted to avenge Akah but there was something about this knight that made him different. "Jerr....this is not an ordinary knight. I don't think this is a battle we can win!" Mina had run into opponents like this before. A seemingly hopeless fight that meant retreat or perish. "I know you don't want to do this but we have to flee." Mina flipped up to the rooftops and crouched a moment. "Scatter! Into the alleyways! We'll regroup back at the house!" Mina ran along the rooftops back towards Mistellah's hideout hoping Jerr takes her advice and doesn't try and engage the knight.

(Spend enough energy to fly to the rooftops and run along them)

Last edited:

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

(that's going to cost 7 energy)

Mina's Status: HP = 35/47, P = 40, EP = 19/51
The knight laughs maniacally at Mina's orders. "Running? But I was so looking forward to spending more time with you, especially after your impressive introduction!" The knight turns to glare at Jerr, the gruff shivering in barely concealed rage. "You should listen to her, boy, unless you want to end up like him." With another mocking laugh, the knight lifts his armored boot and places it squarely on Akah's shoulder.

Jerr takes a step forward toward the knight, but Mina's further orders convinces the gruff to flee to the south, bringing another round of laughter from the knight. Cherry as well turns and runs, crying audibly as she does.
Mina's spiritual power sends he vaulting to the roof of the building the spider had climbed up, which lies on the north side of the main road, which is much too wide for her to jump across. Rather than dally in full view of the demonic knight though, she runs off to the north east along the rooftops, hoping to at least not telegraph the location of Mistellah's mansion to her opponent. As she runs, she hears the knight call out to her, "The name is Dominus! Remember it!"

When Mina stops, she finds herself on the roof of a damaged apartment building. To the northwest she can see the smoke stacks of the factory district, to the west the tops of the trees that should be the fey's grotto. Southward she can see the roofs of the rich district across the gap that marks the main road, and far to the east she can see areas that appear to be very run down poor districts.

(gain 4 xp)

Last edited:

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina hangs her head sighing and grimly heads to the south towards the rich district and back to Mistellah, she was alone and injured and feeling winded, to continue invited death. As she went back she tried to go by their last battle site. Even if she couldn't help him, the least she could do was to recover Akah's body and give it a proper treatment rather than leave it to the wolves and scavengers. "I know we agreed on very little but you were a fellow warrior and a valiant one. I will give you something I haven't given anyone else since the passing of my parents..." she closed her eyes for a moment and shed some tears for the gruff.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Mina's Status: HP = 35/47, P = 40, EP = 19/51
Stealth Check: Pass

Using her agility and jumping skills, Mina makes her way southward over the tops of the various buildings, dropping down before she approaches the site of the last battle. She notices some activity in the area and ducks into an alleyway quickly before peeking out. Though she remains some distance away, she can make out the figures of several creatures, wolves as she had expected, picking over the dead bodies that had been left in the street. Oddly enough, she notices that only there are only two corpses, rather than three, those of the stalker and the spider. The gruff's body is nowhere to be seen.

(Mina is far away from the wolves, she would have to spend a turn moving closer before she could make any kind of attack)

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Where did.....I'll have to ponder it later.." Mina decided to forgo attacking the wolves and resumed her retreat back to Mistellah. "If you're still alive Akah I know you're going to hate this idea but trust me....." Mina vanished back into the alley leaving the wolves to their meal, if she was going to get to that key or the gate it looked like she needed to look to the past...

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Mina's Status: HP = 36/47, P = 40, EP = 20/51
Stealth: Success

Mina crosses the wide main street quickly and silently, managing to avoid being noticed by the pack of dogs further down the street. Since they had left Mistellah's house not too long ago, she finds it quite easy to find her way back. As she approaches the mansion, she sees the blade wielding guard from earlier standing outside at the gate. When he notices her, he waves crudely, then walks back to the house and opens the front door. From inside, Mina can hear soft moans.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina gave a slight nod to the guard and walked towards the house. She could guess what the moaning was, after going inside the house she waited downstairs for Mistellah and Cherry to finish, it was never wise to interrupt an animal while feeding....or a succubus during sex...."I guess Jerr fled back to the fey camp...I'll have to check in on him later."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Mina's Status: HP = 37/47, P = 40, EP = 21/51

Mina calmly waits in the downstairs room she had spoken to Mistellah in before, resting on the same sofa, the same demonic hound staring at her the whole while. She waits for several minutes, listening as the moans grow louder and louder, until finally a lustful scream sounds from upstairs. After a short moment of silence, Mina hears footsteps coming down the stair case, and turning to look over her shoulder she sees Mistellah descending gracefully, followed by a slightly tired looking Jerr. He had not returned to the grove after all...

"Oh, Mina, you've arrived," Mistellah says pleasantly upon seeing her. "Jerr and I were just catching up. He's told me you've had something of a setback. Are you alright?" Jerr glances at Mina sheepishly, but says nothing.

Last edited:

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina shook her head at Jerr. "Yes...we ran into what looked like a patrol but the warrior leading was certainly an elite, I'm not sure I could have taken him head on and I did not want my other allies to fall. Speaking of which please tell me Cherry returned safely." Mina looked over at the dog laying on the floor nearby. "I think I need that talk you offered earlier too...."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

"An elite you say," Mistellah says, her interest piqued. "Young Jerr could not tell me much about this warrior, just that after he heroically saved you from a horde of demons, your friend Akah fell, and you wished to flee." The demoness smiles, obviously not fooled by Jerr's embellishments. The young gruff stammers, looking back and forth between the two women for a second before hastily echoing Mina's question about the corrupted woman.

"Cherry arrived safely, yes. I sent her out to the rear alley to watch for you, in case you returned that way. I'm sure she'll be back soon." The demoness moves over to the high backed chair across from Mina, then turns to the gruff and leans in to kiss him deeply. Jerr sighs into the kiss, his hands passing over Mistellah's skin, but after a moment she leans back and points him in Mina's direction. With a deep blush, the goatman turns and walks over to the sofa and sits down in it, nodding to her with a guilty smile, but still not saying anything.

"A talk, yes," the succubus continues after sitting down in her chair, one hand dropping to pet the demonic hound softly. "Anything you wish, dear."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Well I'm not sure of Akah's fate, he vanished without a trace after I went back. Anyway, is there.....is there a way I can remedy the blood in my veins? Or at the very least use it to my advantage. In a situation like this a warrior uses everything that they can to their advantage. I am not above admitting that I might need to become stronger to survive this trek." She turned to Jerr, "So was it worth the wait?"

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

"If he wasn't killed, then he's most likely been taken back to serve the demons.. well demonesses, really," Mistellah says offhandedly. "Though this 'elite' you spoke of... No, it can't possibly be him." She takes a moment to consider Mina's questions, then says, "Truthfully, it's rather rare for a human to drink succubi blood as you have. I've certainly never heard of such being 'cured.'" The demoness thinks for a moment, then continues, "I've never heard of a human able to resist the effects of corruption like Cherry, either. Perhaps the two might be related?"

On the subject of how Mina's succubi blood might help her, however, Mistellah is much more open. "Well, we succubi are not brutes, like the stalkers and soldiers," she says with a smile, "We deal with things with a more subtle, soothing hand." She winks at Jerr, who only blushes and smiles. "Our power is one of distraction, of obfuscation... seduction." As she says this, Mistellah fluidly stretches, showing off every curve of her body fluidly and seemingly without effort. A silly smile and vacant look takes over the gruff's face as he leans forward, obviously enjoying the show. At Mina's question, he only dumbly nods.

"Even if you are only human with the blood of a succubus," Mistellah continues, "this power should come naturally to you." Her eyes travel over Mina's body for a moment before returning to her eyes. "A beautiful girl like you must have found stubborn men turning more agreeable in your presence. It's use in combat is... limited... but I can teach you to direct that power more potently, if you wish."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Perhaps it's the person's will. Cherry is genuinely happy with her lot so it hasn't warped her mind. I fought off the initial effects through sheer willpower....helped with the strong desire to kill my my trecherous....husband."
Mina leaned back and watched Mistellah toy with Jerr shaking her head slightly. "I have used my looks on many targets that is true though I don't think I needed demonic powers for that. Dozens of men have met their end following the swaying hips of a dancer behind a curtain only for her to have a sword in her hand on the other side." She gave a small laugh thinking back on old jobs.

"After that last encounter I think I need to learn more, I'm out of my element fighting demons, I'll take whatever you can offer. I've constantly worried since being here what might result from the blood in me being so near it's origin. Confronting that would let me fight with one less thing holding me back mentally."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Mistellah only shrugs at Mina's idea on willpower. "In my experience, even the strongest willed individuals fall to our power," she says, a slight grin on her face. "As for Cherry... she did say her father protected her somehow. Beyond that, I know no more than you."

Polite laughter erupts from the demoness at Mina's claims. "My dear, the power of a succubus is far and away beyond that of a mere dancer." Mistellah pauses, a grin across her face, then continues. "Even the most bloodthirsty ogre can be brought to a gibbering mass of lust with just a look." The demoness directs a wink to Jerr, who still only smiles and blushes at her.

Mistellah turns back to Mina, then leans forward. "It's a matter of twisting someone's perception to something that's more agreeable to you. It's a little hard to explain, but I think if you concentrate, you can do it. Your blood will listen to you."

(do you want an involved teaching process, or quick and easy in one post?)

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(Hmm...one post, I'm guessing it'll be a class with Jerr as the training dummy *rimshot*)

Mina nods, "I want to learn how to use that power, living in the desert you find out that you should not pass up anything that might aid you even in the least. This has been a burden for me for too long, it's time that I made this work to my favor."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

(lol, indeed. Although you do also have the hellhound and Mistellah to test your power on ;))
Mina's Status: HP = 40/47, P = 40, EP = 24/51

"Good, good," Mistellah says, sitting up straight in the chair before Mina. "It's simply a matter of making someone realize just how badly they want you. How badly they need you." She turns to the gruff now and asks sweetly, "My dear Jerr, would you allow me to demonstrate this power for Mina, by using it on you? I'd very much like you to fight it."

If Jerr hadn't already shown how enamored with the succubus he is as he has already, Mina would have no doubt about his eagerness now. "Of course, Mistellah! I'd be happy to help!" the gruff says, leaning forward with his hands on his knees. The young fey puffs his chest up as well, trying to make himself appear strong. "I can take anything you can throw at me! We gruff are very strong of character."

Mistellah glances at Mina and gives her a wink. "It's always so much more fun when they have no idea," she quips before turning back to the gruff. "Now Jerr," she says, her voice rising slightly while her eyes begin to glow red, "You were so eager to spend time with me a short while ago, almost like a little puppy. Act like a puppy for me now." As the last sentence leaves the demoness' lips, Mina can feel a strong spiritual push strike out towards the gruff. The wave brushes past the fey like a wind, and Jerr blinks as it does.

"Yes, yes mistress!" the young fey says eagerly, pushing himself off the sofa and down to the floor. As he does, Mina can't help but notice the gruff's suddenly rock hard penis sticking out of the fur that covers his lower body. Jerr immediately gets down on all fours and begins to pant like a dog, his back shaking back and forth as if her were trying to wag a tail. The gruff waddles forward so that his chin rubs against the tops of Mistellah's knees.

With a gleeful laugh, the succubus begins to pet the gruff, while the hellhound at her side starts breathing out in grunting huffs. It almost seems as if the demonic beast is laughing as well. "You see, Mina?" Mistellah asks, leaning forward and giving Jerr a kiss on the forehead. "It's almost too easy." The demoness returns to her earlier position, sitting straight up and raises her voice again. "That's enough, puppy," she says with authority.

Almost immediately after the words are spoken, Jerr's rear stops waving back and forth, though the gruff remains where he is. For a few seconds he does nothing, but then speaks sheepishly. "So I suppose it worked." Mistellah can hardly contain her laughter, quickly running a hand over the gruffs head before he stands up and returns to the sofa, his hands over his still apparent member. Face deep red, the gruff sits down again next to Mina, though his earlier enthusiasm seems drained by his humiliation.

"So, Mina," Mistellah asks, her face still alight with laughter, "Do you think you can do that?" Even though the succubus had never explained the power, Mina understands it even without knowing how she can. Throughout the demonstration she had felt a link between Mistellah and Jerr, and through it a flow of energy had effected the gruff. It almost seems easy to replicate now that she had seen it first hand.

(gain Succub's Blood: Costs X + 5 energy to activate and X upkeep. Target must win an Opposed Mind Check with + 2X difficulty or lose their action for their next turn. A check is made each round.)

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(Woo! I never want to move again for a long time! *collapses into pile of moving boxes groaning* urrrrrrrrr.....X_X)

"Yes, I think I understand, it seems very....natural, even though this has been the first time seeing it. It will be of great help though with Akah gone I'm not sure how we can find that key so deep in demon territory.....unless...." Mina rubs her chin thinking. "I have a bold, reckless idea, I'm finally back to my old self." Mina grins. "If I can't be turned back into a normal person, then maybe it's time I went all the way." Mina stands and paces a bit, "It's risky, perhaps, with enough corruption, this blood will fully take over, turning me into a demoness or something close enough. After that......it's the demons' turn to have a spy in their midst." Mina glances to Mistellah. "How much would it take to turn a tainted person like myself into a full blown demon? After seeing Cherry and my own experiences....I know I can keep from turning into a mindless monster." Mina clenches a fist sounding much more determined then she has in quite a while.