What's new

ACT ADV Patreon [Googlyman] The Incident at Cock Tower

googlyman

Reputation score
Hi all! I am a long time user but first time poster.

I've been playing and modding H-Games for years and I've decided to make my own game, which I call The Incident at Cock Tower. This game is currently in very early stages of development but I will keep updates posted on my and occasionally here.

What is The Incident at Cock Tower?
The Incident at Cock Tower, or Cock Tower for short, is a NSWF survival horror game heavily inspired by Clock Tower, Resident Evil, and Kaiki! Drill No Otoko Kyoufu.

The Main character is Keira Edmunds, a Junior Treasury clerk sent with a colleague to asses Cockburne Mansion in rural Appalachia. The previous owner, Richard Cockburne, an eccentric millionaire chemist with no heirs or living relatives, mysteriously died, and his estate is under escheatment by the state. Upon arriving, Keira is separated from her colleague when odd creatures ambush them at the entrance, and now she must explore the estate to find her friend as well as avoid a persistent and lustful monstrosity.

Gameplay
Cock Tower is a 3rd person Survival Horror game where the goal is to find a way to escape. Enemies are few and far between, and must be avoided or hidden from. The Cock Tower must be explored for key items and clues used to solve puzzles and open new routes.

The strange creatures that inhabit Cock Tower have strong carnal desires, and will attempt to grab Keira. Enemies who successfully grab her will destroy an item of her clothing or, if nothing is worn to protect her, assault her. During assault scenarios, creatures infect Keira with toxins, causing her contamination meter to go up. If the level reaches 100%, its game over. The contamination meter goes down slowly over time, or Keira can purge a significant amount by pleasuring herself.

Clothing destroyed by creatures cannot be recovered, but there are a number of Wardrobes scattered around Cock Tower that contain limited changes of clothes. Unlocking new wardrobes will unlock new outfits which can be selected when using a wardrobe.

Keira can hold onto 2 small items, 1 large item, and if worn stuff 1 small item into her bra. Being attacked causes Keira to drop anything she is holding, and having her bra destroyed causes any items stored in it to drop as well.

What is Planned?
1 roaming persistent enemy (Think Mr. X Mixed with Scissor man Crossed with Drill man)
Small, Killable enemies that spawn occasionally.
Large Mansion to explore and interact with.
Multiple Detailed NSFW scenes per enemy
Lots of puzzles
Lots of bad sex puns and innuendo

What is done so far?
Keira Model, 5 Outfits, 2 Sex Animations
Model and Animations for Major Enemy Mr. S
Model and Animations for Bug Enemy
Mansion 80% Complete

Images

In Game Images:

View of Cock Tower so far:

Thank you in advanced for your support!

Last edited:

Kernog

Reputation score
This is a concept that I would love to play. While I will wait for more information/images, this has definitely caught my interest (y)

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
*sees clock tower in the title*
*heavy breathing*
Seriously, Clock Tower style (or that kind of horror games in general really, but Clock Tower is a cult classic) has so much fucking potential for h games

Let's check this out, yo.

Who the fuck is drill man btw? The megaman one? Lol

Tentalover

Reputation score
I must say that survival horror has potential to be H games since our protagonist being roughed up. Not a fans of guro of course, but a little bit of ryona is good.

Grabbed then lewd-ed, yeah.
Good luck~

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh man you haven't played Drill No Otoko? If you like VN/point and click games its pretty fun!

Drill Man here
Oh that one! Yeah i remember it, but never had a chance to play it.
Definitely interested now that you say it's similar to Clock Tower.
It is...right?
Back then i thought it was kind of a comedy crack stunt like that one sogna's viper game where a dude dresses up like friday the 13th's jason and rapes (has sex ) with the girls but it turned out to be just a prank

Trin182

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oh that one! Yeah i remember it, but never had a chance to play it.
Definitely interested now that you say it's similar to Clock Tower.
It is...right?
Back then i thought it was kind of a comedy crack stunt like that one sogna's viper game where a dude dresses up like friday the 13th's jason and rapes (has sex ) with the girls but it turned out to be just a prank
They did a reskin of that game, too, lol. Same scenes, same scenarios, different rapists/victims.

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Good evening! I've released the very first (and very rough) build of the game. You can find the link at my Patreon .

Feedback is much appreciated!

Kernog

Reputation score
Good job so far. Here is my feedback on this first test build. They may sound a little negative, but I see everything I list as areas of improvement, rather than outright bad:
* Camera control should either be less sensitive, or associated with a mouse-click
* I have nothing against tank controls, but I feel like driving a literal tank for the moment XD. I think a little more turning speed would be better, at least.
** Ideally, I would rather have more flexible controls, but the character would become harder to move when the monster is nearby like in the original game
* When you open a door while too close, the door pushes you between it and the wall. Even if there might be a more elegant solution, replacing the character at a correct distance when opening the door, like some games do, would be fairer
** You also might want to decide later on if opening/closing a door counts as an invincibility frame during pursuits. Even big games can have the monster clip through the character when he is locked into opening a door or a container, for instance
* It seems that, by default, camera closes in on the character when it meets an obstacle. I would rather have the opposite (camera zooms out), it would feel more playable

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
* Camera control should either be less sensitive, or associated with a mouse-click
* I have nothing against tank controls, but I feel like driving a literal tank for the moment XD. I think a little more turning speed would be better, at least.
** Ideally, I would rather have more flexible controls, but the character would become harder to move when the monster is nearby like in the original game
DULY NOTED!!
* When you open a door while too close, the door pushes you between it and the wall. Even if there might be a more elegant solution, replacing the character at a correct distance when opening the door, like some games do, would be fairer
** You also might want to decide later on if opening/closing a door counts as an invincibility frame during pursuits. Even big games can have the monster clip through the character when he is locked into opening a door or a container, for instance
The eventually plan is to make Door open/close animations. A single tap will have Keira open the door and close it behind her. A double tap will have her fling/push the doors open and keep moving. Mr. S. will be able to grab Keira mid door open so it would be a decision of whether to close the doors and slow him down, or just keep running.

With that said, I originally decided that doors have realistic hinges and with clear entry/exit sides as opposed to the RE4 270 degree hinge. I know it sounds silly but In my mind going in and out of doors is a major Pursuit mechanic and I want to make sure it's sensible and fun and not tedious.

* It seems that, by default, camera closes in on the character when it meets an obstacle. I would rather have the opposite (camera zooms out), it would feel more playable
I'll look into this. I kind want to avoid leaving the boundaries of the rooms, but I also notice the camera ends up inside of Keira, and that's also not something I want (well not yet 😅).

Thank you for your feedback!

Kernog

Reputation score
The eventually plan is to make Door open/close animations. A single tap will have Keira open the door and close it behind her. A double tap will have her fling/push the doors open and keep moving. Mr. S. will be able to grab Keira mid door open so it would be a decision of whether to close the doors and slow him down, or just keep running.
It is a couple of words ideas I just associated on the spot, but since you're noting: trapped doors. I remember a door that opened on a brick wall, in the level, but why not a door with a nasty surprise on the other side? :-3

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Hi all,

Going forward, all Patreon posts with adult content (videos, images, and releases) will be Patron only, simply to avoid content issues with the site. SFW content will still be open to the public. Also, tell all your friends!

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Update Time!

So it looks like for whatever reason, I cannot get into Patreon. Seems to be a problem with the site. As such, I would like to provide everyone with an update.

For starters, ALOT has changed. I have new models for both Keira and Mr. S:

I've created the original planned full outfits as well:

Standard Outfit:
standard.JPG

Maid Outfit:
maid.JPG

Evening Dress:
eveningDress.JPG

Schoolgirl Outfit:
School.JPG

Swimwear:
swimWear.JPG

I've created 3 NSWF animations that will be available at next release, One masturbation animation, one sex animation with Mr. S, and one puzzle based animation.

I spent a good amount of time overhauling my code for doors. I was struggling with making door Traversal easy for both Keira and Mr. S without too much manual labor, but finally discovered a way to setup my door script so that all I have to do is attach the script to the door object and everything else is taken care of (off mesh links, one way locked doors, opening and closing doors, etc).

Since Mr. S is the primary enemy in the game, I need to spend time making avoiding him more gameable. I want to introduce a number of set pieces that can be hidden under or behind, but then I have to do the work of making sure its not a 100% solution. For example, the bar in the Parlor is too tight of a space for Mr. S to get behind, so his AI breaks if Keira stands behind it. I can't decide if I want destructible obstacles, if I want Mr. S to circumvent (IE reach over and pull Keira, or jump on the obstacle), or keep this as a legitimate strategy for avoidance but reduce the occurrences.

Hopefully by the end of the day I can get back into my Patreon, and my plan is to have a new release ready by Friday.

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Quick update,

My planned next release has been delayed by personal delays and personal failures: you can see details at my latest Patreon post

Kernog

Reputation score
That's quite an interesting bug you encountered.
I'm talking with zero knowledge of how a game engine works, but I throw the idea anyway: how about temporarily no-clipping the doorframe during the animation?

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
That's quite an interesting bug you encountered.
I'm talking with zero knowledge of how a game engine works, but I throw the idea anyway: how about temporarily no-clipping the doorframe during the animation?
Disabling Mr. S collider is actually the first thing I did when designing the transition :ROFLMAO:.

I'm pretty sure it's root motion and unity Nav Agent not playing nice. Because the doors are collision obstacles, they break the nav mesh and I have to create links between the rooms. Right now, I have Mr. S Stop when he hits a mesh link, line up for the door transition animation, perform it, and (here's where I think im breaking things) right before the animation finishes, I complete the link, which moves him to the end point. I do this because Unity ignores animation events that fall in blended frames. My next two troubleshooting attempts are to:

1. Add a few frames post transition so that the door animation completes fully before completing the link
  2. Remove the transition animation all together and just make the off mesh link walkable when doors are open. This won't take much work because recent optimizations allow me to do this with one line of code.
I prefer getting the former because it looks cooler, but the latter may have to be the solution until I can get something more reliable

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
After further debugging and testing I found the issue(s)!

Issue #1 was that I started using root motion with Mr. S, and his walk cycle caused issues with hits heading because I hadn't configured it to use body orientation instead of the original rotation.

Issue 2 was that due to the way I animated the struggle and sex animation, the body orientations are not unified. So my solution was to just use the original rotation and orientations of the animation.

This however created a THIRD problem: the loops for struggle and sex all have very miniscule changes in direction somehow, causing the loops to make Keira move further and further out of place on each cycle. This is infinitely frustrating as the first and last frame of each loop were literally copies and pastes. Once I figure this slight problem out I should be ready for a nice, BUGGY release!

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Hi everyone! New build is out! Link can be found along with changelog!

NOTE: I provided the wrong link originally. Post update with proper link!!

Last edited: