What's new

ACT ADV Patreon [Googlyman] The Incident at Cock Tower

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Hey all, question for you regarding gameplay Sex animations:

Right now, you can escape grapples and sex positions with enough effort, but I want to balance the sexy times with the difficulty of the game. So I have two ideas for handling gameplay sex.

1. Keep as is: player can try to escape sex positions, and during the animation a Picture in Picture screen pops up that zooms in on a pre-defined point of action (IE mouth for oral animations, etc). Sex will loop until the Keira climaxes or escapes.
  2. Make it so that failed grapple escapes lead to an uninterruptible sex animation, and set the camera to a free cam and the player has full control of how they view the sex. Forced sex animations will run until the Aggressor climaxes, at which the player has a short window to escape before the animation starts up again.

Thoughts?

Tentalover

Reputation score
Thoughts?
YES :ROFLMAO:

Okay, joke aside, forced sex animation is okay, but I think you should be careful to set it so as not to interrupt gameplay.
What I mean is try giving skip button or option so the player is not bog down by an unskippable cutscene.

Think about... Anyone who might want to play it for the gameplay.
Moreso when you have a gallery installed.
Unskippable and repetitive cutscene that can be seen from gallery would be hated.

A good example would be hounds of the blade in a some settings (even if that game doesn't have a gallery)

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
YES :ROFLMAO:

Okay, joke aside, forced sex animation is okay, but I think you should be careful to set it so as not to interrupt gameplay.
What I mean is try giving skip button or option so the player is not bog down by an unskippable cutscene.

Think about... Anyone who might want to play it for the gameplay.
Moreso when you have a gallery installed.
Unskippable and repetitive cutscene that can be seen from gallery would be hated.

A good example would be hounds of the blade in a some settings (even if that game doesn't have a gallery)
I planned on having a gallery eventually (maybe as a stretch goal down the line) but I would like to Strike a good balance between gameplay and eroticism. I don't want to make it so that you have to purposefully lose to see lewd action, but also don't want to punish players with missteps, which is why I prefer ROR over GOR in my games.

You're right though, thinking about it I would hate to be stuck in a sex animation that I find unappealing, so now it changes my thoughts on which route to go. Right now im debating on either:

Having an option to skip straight to the climax.
Making escaping progressively harder to encourage players to not get caught.

I'm leaning toward the latter as it's far more gameable.

Tentalover

Reputation score
I'm playing necromancy emily escape by pink peach. This game is a bad example of loading and spamming esc when the gallery is already there to review h-scene. They decide that you want to see a scene, sprite and live2d scene, over and over on a trial and error, arguably puzzle, game.

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Hi all! The latest public release is now available on my Patreon, along with release notes. Feedback much appreciated!

Kernog

Reputation score
I just played the latest demo. First of all, good job, the mansion looks much more varied and lively. I also appreciate the musical cues for the monster, it helps create a gaming element. It really has that Survival Horror feel that I was looking for in a game since Anthophobia.

I have a couple of questions/feedbacks/requests after playing that demo for a moment:
* I would prefer having "specialized" keys which tell exactly what they open, rather than generic "old keys". That's my opinion, though.
* Minor graphic bug: when you hang the portrait from Hume, the painting is inside the wall, and the player needs to go on the other side of the wall to recover it
* The music of the monster seems to play over the normal music. It might be better in the long run to lower or mute the exploration music when the monster's theme reaches a certain volume
* The player character's movements are a little better, but I wish she could walk back a little faster. Right now, she looks like a truck pulling reverse XD
* I would love having a way to move the camera without making the woman turn. Or at least allow for you to turn the camera at a certain angle without triggering the turn
* I unwillingly managed to stuck the monster in a corner. If that's not the case, you might want to have a "reset" function if the monster's position does not move for a while

* Has the bug enemy been reintroduced yet?
* Related to above: is there a possibility to have access to a cheat code or a debug room, to check the animations ? The game is fun by its own, but I'm also here for them. :-3
* After I put the penis on the statue, in the secret room, nothing happens. There is a prompt icon, but no action. Is this normal ?

Last edited:
OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Hi Kernog! Thanks for the feedback. As for your questions:

I have a couple of questions/feedbacks/requests after playing that demo for a moment:
* I would prefer having "specialized" keys which tell exactly what they open, rather than generic "old keys". That's my opinion, though.
No worries. There are indeed 4 fruit sex pun themed keys modeled and ready to go. Many of the locked doors are locked by said keys. The reward for solving the statue puzzle is the Strawberry Key.

* Minor graphic bug: when you hang the portrait from Hume, the painting is inside the wall, and the player needs to go on the other side of the wall to recover it
Minor Gameplay bug actually, the world space for that frame is backwards and I forgot to fix it! :oops:

* The music of the monster seems to play over the normal music. It might be better in the long run to lower or mute the exploration music when the monster's theme reaches a certain volume
Should be fixed in the next minor release. It's rather jarring (Not sure how I missed it) so ill be fixing it asap.

* The player character's movements are a little better, but I wish she could walk back a little faster. Right now, she looks like a truck pulling reverse XD
LOL Noted

* I would love having a way to move the camera without making the woman turn. Or at least allow for you to turn the camera at a certain angle without triggering the turn
You can rotate the camera while holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse

* I unwillingly managed to stuck the monster in a corner. If that's not the case, you might want to have a "reset" function if the monster's position does not move for a while

* Has the bug enemy been reintroduced yet?
Still running into 2 issues with the bug. First is whenever Keira leaves its chase boundaries, it still chases and ends up climbing the walls and getting stuck. Second is when the bug is removed after latching, it will sometimes throw an AABB error at Unity. Im working on those exclusively along with the music issue for the next minor release.

* Related to above: is there a possibility to have access to a cheat code or a debug room, to check the animations ? The game is fun by its own, but I'm also here for them. :-3
I'd definitely like to add a gallery/debug room later. I plan on styling it as a room with each type of sex location and an option spawn despawn Mr. S, bugs, and future enemies.

* After I put the penis on the statue, in the secret room, nothing happens. There is a prompt icon, but no action. Is this normal ?
It is not. Will investigate further!

Kernog

Reputation score
Thanks for your answers.

You can rotate the camera while holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse
By the way, is there a way for you to add an option to set the camera mouse movement speed?

Last edited:
OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Thanks for your answers.

By the way, is there a way for you to add an option to set the camera mouse movement speed?
Down the line I plan to have player configurations for volume, camera rotation speed, etc but I don't have any player options available right now.

Also, Please see the latest release for $3+ Patrons

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
Hi everyone! Please see the new public alpha for version 0.5.4 here

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The camera and controls completely fuck up at random for no reason all the time from even the smallest interactions such as being caught or hiding. Controls need to be permanently on w forward, a left etc. When I hide or get caught the controls change so w will go somewhat forward and left sometimes or reverse completely and won't ever fix unless by sheer random coincidence. This causes the game to be virtually unplayable in it's current state to where I can't even try to advance to test anything else.

OP
googlyman

googlyman

Reputation score
The camera and controls completely fuck up at random for no reason all the time from even the smallest interactions such as being caught or hiding. Controls need to be permanently on w forward, a left etc. When I hide or get caught the controls change so w will go somewhat forward and left sometimes or reverse completely and won't ever fix unless by sheer random coincidence. This causes the game to be virtually unplayable in it's current state to where I can't even try to advance to test anything else.
Updated url with a fix. please re-download and try again!

kayn15

Reputation score
Version 0.5.5 is now available to the general public!