Gordon (Sponge)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Gordon (Sponge)

Mercy took the scroll back from him with a kindly grace and smiled pleasantly. "You are fortunate then, for you shall have both water and sun - or so our saying goes... You humans have a similar saying about killing two birds with one stone, but we find that a rather violent image. Ah well, I find myself rambling. You will find Deana and Jasamine having a repast with the satyrs in the lily glade. A temporary vaccinating draft was given to your friend, so she shall be in control of her emotions for the duration of her visit here. Come. I shall show you to them."

Mercy set aside the scroll with its brethren inbetween the large gnarled roots of the largest tree in the central grove, and with a brush of her fingers against its trunk, the tree responded by closing its thick roots around the scrolls, guarding and hiding them better than any treasure chest might have.

After a brief walk down a forested path lined with rays of sunshine, Gordon and Mercy arrived at a sudden opening in the woods, as the trees gave way to a grassy forest glen, with a multitude of large lilies, each giving off a strong, pleasant perfumed smell to Gordon's nose. It was odd, for though he could smell it well enough, the scent had no altering effect to his male body. For once, his Y chromosome was pulling its weight.

He found Deana and the others sitting amongst the grass and flowers, eating a bountiful collection of berries, fruits, nuts, and some roasted game birds from a small, controlled fire pit carefully tended by the large satyr that Gordon had first met when he had come back to tend to Deana.

The huntress and the horned dryad noticed him enter the glade and waved him over.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Vaccination? Well a vaccine doesn't necessarily mean it has to be done with a needle. Probably some magic or herbal remedy.

He followed Mercy, combing his hair and trying to make himself look presentable. His clothes still weren't dry enough from his mishap at the lake, but at least it didn't feel like ice anymore. Upon seeing the group, he gave a friendly wave back as he took a seat next to Deana. It was odd, even after what happened recently he didn't feel that uncomfortable about what had happened anymore.
"Hey? What am I missing? Hope I'm not interrupting something." Casually smiling, he leaned back on his hands.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deana regarded him with an eased expression. It seemed her heart was also lighter after having spent some time in the glade. The sun was shining on them and all the worries of the village and the evils seemed far away. She was holding a small roasted bird with a wooden skewer, eating the fowl without any utensils aside from her teeth. The meat smelled good, despite the lack of any apparent sauce or marinade. Perhaps it was the simple, fresh nature of the food that appealed, but Gordon could not wait to dig in.

"No you're not interrupting," the huntress said, using her small finger to brush back a lock of her brown hair behind her ear. She nodded in Jasamine's direction. "I was just learning more about the lives of dryads. Though now that you're here, you can eat and join our discussion. So far, Jasamine has told me that the dryad's magic cannot extend further to protect the village in the same manner."

"It has to do with our inherent magical nature, and the bonds of the forest itself, which is severed by the presence of human civilization," Jasamine said, sagely. She too seemed to be in a much better mood, able to meet Gordon eye to eye. "The Satyrs are the favored race of the Goddess of Trees, and so are allowed to reside here, and we dryads as her direct descendents are necessary to channel her will, but the relationship between the forests and mankind is strained by many incidents. We cannot change our nature or the will of our goddess to protect your village. It is the most we can do to claim even this small section of the woods, for such is the strength of the evil in this land, it can rob us of all but our sacred groves."

Gordon found a place next to the two ladies and was passed some food by the pretty young blond satyr that he had noticed from before. She passed him a roasted bird on a stick and brushed his shoulder with her fingers as she drew back, smirking mischievously and giving him a wink. These satyrs were insatiable it seemed.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Listening in, Deana informed him of what he had missed. The group discussed at their inability to be able to aid the town, but everything they said would make sense. To have such a powerful reach would need enormous amounts of power.
"Hey it's ok, it's not your guys fault. I understand that you can't lend much power. If you guys did try something like that, it would most likely leave you vulnerable to whatever is causing this whole mess in the first place."
He noticed a plate of food was being handed to him, and he graciously accepted. As she gave him a wink, he blushed slightly. Despite all he had been through, he had not been able to recall a time a girl tried to flirt with him really, ever in fact. And if they had, he obviously missed it. But this was obvious flirting and it embarrassed him a bit.
"Um, thank you." He blushed, taking a bite and filling his mouth with food to prevent any of his words possibly getting him into to trouble. Taking a deep swallow, he resumed the real conversation at hand.
"It's interesting that you bring up the strain between humanity and forest life. Mostly, I just imagine people using wood cut from trees to make shelter that's more sturdy and reliable. What's wrong with that? And trees grow back right? However, there are some humans that just like to ruin whatever they get there hands on. Some people are sick enough to throw a kitten in a lake, so wouldn't be surprised if somebody burned trees for the laughs." He took another bite and a gulp. "But that aside, would you at least be willing to help us if we have found a solution to kill off this evil magic should we find the source? Like a temporary alliance so to speak. I understand humans and the forest aren't greatest of friends, but as the saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Giving a confident nod, his teeth sunk into more of the food.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jasamine smiled wanly, but Mercy approached them then and sat down next to her sister, whom resembled her quite closely, save that Mercy had no horns. "The problem is that humans take the lives of our healthy trees and do not often return to the forest that which they take away. We do not feel the need that you humans do for having a square box to live in, made from the dead carcasses of our friends the trees. We feel for them you see, and we cry at their pain. Humans have not the ears to listen to the trees, for if they did, we think you would hesitate to bring your axes down upon them."

Jasamine looked up at her sister and then nodded her agreement. "But the village here has not been overzealous. They have made their plot of land and have not sought to expand for many years. We view you as natural predators of trees, and we can live with the idea of being in our natural place in the cycle of nature, but there must always be a balance. Humans have too much ambition and gluttony sometimes, and it's when they give in to the evil and desire in their hearts that we as defenders of the forest have been called upon to put them in check."

Deana pursed her lips. "Still, what Gordon says is true, the evil now is not coming from us, and so we should join forces."

"We guess that this evil may have its roots in humanity, and from what has been suggested by Gordon earlier, it seems the evil has at least one evil servant within the human community still. However, for the most part we agree that the threat has become great enough to look beyond our own muddled history with humans. Besides, we do rely upon their heritage from time to time, as is evident with myself and two of my three sisters."

Jasamine idly touched her horns. "Mother did have her one tryst with my father... I suppose one can only turn down the advances of a satyr so many times before they begin to grow on you."

Gordon instinctively looked out the corner of his eye towards the blond satyr, who noticed and gave him a sly look, with her best "come on, big boy" eyes. Hastily Gordon averted his gaze.

Mercy continued, "I think then that it would be best if we gave you some support. Most of us must remain here to protect our own way of life, but the dryads have discussed amongst ourselves while you were studying, Gordon, and we've decided to send Jasamine with you, as our representative. You will no doubt face hardships on your quest, and though she is our youngest, we believe she will be an excellent companion."

Jasamine's eyes widened in surprised. "This... this was never discussed with me! Why am I to go?"

"Because you would stand the most to benefit from this journey, my half-sister. You are young and brave, but untested. The greatest are defined by their adversities, and we see much potential in you. We believe that in journeying with Gordon on his quest, you shall prove yourself to be an excellent representative of the Forest, and its true guardian. Gordon and his allies shall need you, ere the end of this evil."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gordon continued to listen intently to the conversation, as they seemed to discuss what he had said was indeed true. The forest was in more danger of this evil then the humans could ever be. He only happened to be lucky that the forest seemed to be on good terms with this village, considering how long ago they most recently used the trees. It was good things weren't going sour from his suggestions.

From his peripheral vision, he noticed the figure of the blonde satyr and couldn't help but look. She seemed to be enjoying the attention, even egging him on to do something to her.
Mmmm... She totally wants to. It couldn't hurt, right? It's always felt so good, and her body is so nice. I co- no no wait, your becoming a satyr yourself with thoughts like that! You just got done only about a couple hours ago!
This only embarrassed him more so, glancing back towards the group with a deep blush.
This place must be getting to my head. Being surrounded by beautiful naked woman, I can't exactly say it's all my fault for thinking stuff like this.

Mercy continued the conversation, and upon her declaration of Jasamine now joining his group, he couldn't help but give a small gasp of surprise. He wasn't really expecting that at all! Turns out she wasn't either as her reaction seemed to be even greater then his. Their reasoning was even stranger, like it was a right of passage or a test to prove her worth to the forest.
At a time like this? A test? I've almost pissed my pants twice during this whole thing! One from the ghost, the other from Deana's crazy lust frenzy! Why the heck are they making her go to something fully of wolves and demons? Still, the more help the better.
Gordon nodded, accepting their offer. "It will be great to have another ally for battle. I swear I'll do what I can to protect her and return her here safely." And he truly meant it.

(Jasamine joined the party!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jasamine looked to Gordon oddly as he made his pledge, as if not knowing what to say. Slowly she turned back to Mercy.

"If that's what you and my sisters have decided, I'll try not to disappoint you," she said. Then, standing up and brushing herself off she turned to Deana. "It will be wonderful to travel with you too, Deana. I've enjoyed our little discussion," and here her eyes flickered over to Gordon for a brief moment before returning to settle on Deana, who smiled at her comment. "I would love have the time to tell you more about the forest. It is wonderful to meet a human who seems to care about it the way you do."

"My brother and I spent a lot of time in these woods, yet there was obviously so much we did not know about it, for we had never met you or seen your grove. I am happy to learn your ways," Deana replied.

Mercy clapped her hands. "Good then, it is decided. Gordon, Deana, you both may feel free to come and go from this grove. So long as our magic prevails, you will be welcome in this sanctuary. When you leave here, continue to take care. We place our half-sister in your hands, and you in hers. Help one another as you gather your strength and undo this sinister curse on our land."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He laughed, almost haughtily in a way. "Of course! It's only a matter of time till this thing is destroyed." He had gotten quite the confidence boost, now knowing spells he wouldn't feel worthless anymore. His magic might not be totally offensive, but he would gladly support and keep them in good fighting condition. Of course, he still wanted a bit of the action. He'd play it like he would in all other RPG's. Keeping the party enhanced with buffer spells, and once he's done that he'd proceed to join in the fight. Course he would always cast protect on the healer first. Can't help them if the healer is dead anyways.

Question was now, what did they do next? He really didn't have much of a plan, and had so far been following Deana. She knew more about the situation, but now they had another ally who could give input. "Hey guys, um... What exactly do we do now? Deana? Did you have some sort of idea of what to do after this? Cause as far as I see, we could either go attack the wolves again or something, or go back to the village and inform the town of the information we have acquired so far."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The way I see it, we have several options," Deana said. "One is that we could try to corner the Lycan's again. There's only three left in the immediate area, and now there's three of us in the party. It would be even numbers..."

She held up a second finger. "Another option is to journey out towards the swamp, to see if we might find the witch that lives there. If she's still living there, there's got to be some explanation for her managing to stay unbothered by the evil while the village has suffered for so long. Perhaps she's the spy we're looking for?"

Lastly she brought up a third finger. "Or, we could go back to the village and try speaking with Lauralie... I have to admit, our brief experience with the Lycans and what ensued has warmed me up a bit to you. Maybe Lauralie was on to something with waiting for you to show up. The dryads seem confident in you as well, so there must be something you possess that could be the key to solving this mystery, and Lauralie might know more about it."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Listening intently, he nodded as Deana listed the first two options. The third one took him a bit by surprise, his face growing slightly flushed from her compliments and how she admitted up she had warmed up to him. "W-well thank you for your confidence in me."
He pondered a bit, before coming up with his decision.
I believe we should head back to town. Even though we haven't made much progress with the enemy, we've obtained enough information and details to discuss with others in the town. We can't just run into a battle despite how good our odds look, being a 3 on 3 battle. Wolves hunt in packs, and I highly doubt it's only just those 3. Plus, now we have Jasamine to help, and she possibly could help others in the town remember details that might be important. Even simple conversation can bring up ideas and possible answers that would not of been thought otherwise." He nodded, making his decision.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deana and Jasamine both nodded. They seemed to be willing to let Gordon take the lead on this venture. Some minor preparations were made. Mercy gave the three of them some bags of food before they left, and all the satyrs gathered to say goodbye, particularly to Jasamine, their longtime friend, but also to Deana and Gordon. The blond satyress in particular seemed sad to see him go, but whispered playfully that she'd look forward to seeing him next week, since he was still obliged to return in payment for his magic lesson.

Jasamine assured Gordon and Deana of their current orientation with regards to the village, and advised them on the quickest route back to it. They left the safety of the grove swiftly and quietly, with the magic of the dryad's masking their egress and the satyrs providing distractions on other trails. As such, the party made it through the woods without encountering the lycans and made good time back to the village, reaching it with a few hours of daylight to spare.

Alicia sat on a bench at the edge of the village green, watching the trail of the woods where they came out. It was as if she were waiting for him to show up. Gordon immediatley was aware of a sad look in her eyes, and saw her bow her head and stand as they returned. But rather than approach them, she walked away, back to Lauralie's cottage.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(hmm... seeing as we are kinda summing up a long span of time I'll make it brief up to the final point.)

It was kinda fun, being respected and in charge for once. Course he hoped that he had made the right decision. It was the safest one, but sometimes being safe means never progressing. Shaking his head with a little laugh, he dismissed this thought. I'm over thinking this too much.
As he left, the blonde satyr had to leave him with a somewhat of a haunting premonition of what he would be required to do the next time he returned. He playfully laughed along with her words, but if this was an anime, he'd currently be having that giant tear drop off the side of his forehead. Is that really what they mean by returning the favor for the magic I learned?

As they traveled across to their destination, Gordon couldn't help but think of how the village was doing without them. He was somewhat worried that it might be possible if the lycans attacked or were attacking the place right now. And Alicia... it still bothered him. Could she be one of them? She didn't seem capable of such horrid things, but he'd never heard of a half werewolf before.

Arriving, he noticed Alicia and let out a relieved and cheerful smile, but only briefly until he noticed her expression. Something was bothering her, but before he could sit down next to her, she started to head for the cabin. Rushing out from the group he'd been venturing with, he ran up to Alicia, placing his hand gently on her shoulder. "Alicia, what's wrong? Why do you look so sad? Are you ok? Did something happen?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alicia's golden eyes seemed to flash as she glanced at him, the black-within-yellow searching his face while a pained expression shone on her own.

"You were gone for a while... I worried and I've seen..." she glanced at Deana as the huntress stepped up with the dryad in tow. Alicia cast her eyes down then, her shoulders slumping. "No, I see you're fine now. You've come back, that's what's important."

Alicia stole another glance at Deana and then turned towards Lauralie's cottage. "We've been waiting for you. The word has gone around the rest of town. It will be dangerous now. The agent of this evil will want to capture you, or worse, if we let her. You should come back to Lauralie's with me."

Deana raised her voice, "Perhaps he should stay where he wills. Lauralie has said herself that he is the one to end this evil. If that is true, perhaps he should make his decision about where to stay. My brother's house is sturdier and better defended than your seer's cottage." The huntress turned her gaze to Gordon. "You're more than welcome to stay there, with Jasamine and I."

An uncomfortable silence built up between Alicia and Deana as they looked at one another out of the corner of their eyes.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Glancing back and forth between Deana and Alicia, he at first was only considering where to stay for being comfortable. Maybe Deana had a couch and more actual furniture Alicia's house. But as he again looked at the both of them, he suddenly realized it was more then that. They were asking him to choose, not houses, but who he wanted to be with.
Ohhhhhhh shit. This isn't about just spending the night. They're asking who I want. Shit... Shit shit shit!
He honestly liked both of them, they were nice girls. But during the whole adventure with Deana, he was worried about Alicia. Deana was more of the strong type, both physical and mental. She was a warrior, tomboyish and aggressive. Alicia on the other hand, was a quiet timid girl. He honestly knew very little about her, but soon it became clear for him. It wasn't about the sex, it was about how the sex started.
With Alicia, he had a choice from the beginning, even if they were both snuggled up against each other he could of denied it and continued with his life. Deana, on the other hand, he was forced to. If he hadn't, that satyr would of continued having it's way with her, and it would be cruel to have her being fucked by a complete stranger. But that was it. He made the choice with Alicia. He was forced to by his morals when it came with Deana.

Logically, Deana was correct. Staying with her would be safer as her house was indeed stronger, and she was ready to fight. He couldn't ignore that. And if he was dead, he couldn't see Alicia ever again. He hoped Alicia didn't get the wrong idea.
He inhaled deeply, letting out a breath of air as he prepared to announce his decision, turning to the girl with pink hair. It was hard, but he tried to make his true intentions to Alicia known. "Alicia, I really do want to stay with you, but Deana has a point. She's a warrior, and if I'm the target, staying with you would only put you in danger, and that's the last thing I want." It was really true, if he was with her she could get caught up in all this. For now he needed to stay with the group that could fight off the evil, and being with Alicia would only put her in grave danger.
"Please try to understand, ok? I'm going back with Deana, but only for this reason. So you can be safe. Once this is over..." He gave a small blush, and gave her a soft peck on the lips. He turned to Deana and Jasmine, giving a nod.
"Allright, lets go rest and call it a night. We need to be prepared for whatever this person or thing is."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The quick peck on the lips made Alicia smile, but Gordon could see a sadness in it that failed to assure him of his decision. Still, Deana seemed to nod as if in approval, and she didn't blink or show a sign of discomfort as he kissed Alicia. Jasamine meanwhile seemed interested in a solitary flower patch growing at the edge of the town's green.

Alicia opened her mouth as if to say something more, then closed it again, thinking better of it. She nodded and then turned away. "I'll pray you keep yourself safe," she said quietly as she walked away back in the direction of her cottage. "Good night," she called over her shoulder.

The three companions then moved onwards across the green to a two story hourse whose windows had been barricaded and whose doors were reinforced with metal plates. The door showed several claw marks, as if made by some giant bear or other creature. Built into the side of the house was a smithy.

"My father was the town blacksmith," Deana said off handedly. "He was always disappointed that my brother didn't take after his trade, preferring the woods instead. After my father died - before the evil came - my brother took up the smithing, splitting his time between the woods and the anvil. When the troubles started and the only other smith was taken, we all relied on my brother to make arrowheads and sharpen weapons. Eventually all the men got taken or killed, so it didn't matter anymore."

Her voice was sad, but she shook off her temporary burdens and held the door to the inside open for him. "After you," she said.

Jasamine entered inside, but she didn't look comfortable. "I don't like these indoors... there's no sky. Less wind. I feel so closed off."

Deana directed the dryad upstairs, telling her that she could keep the windows upstairs open if it helped her, but said sternly that they had be be closed shut at nightfall.

Jasamine nodded and quickly ran upstairs, leaving Deana and Gordon alone downstairs.

"Whoever the agent of evil is, they probably won't attack directly. They'll command other demons to come after us. It could be the lycans, it could be something else. They'll sense you. They always seem to know where the men are. We'll take watches once nightfall comes. We're safe against most mystical attacks in here. Lauralie put charms on our doorsteps, and my brother and I have used other wards against creatures before. But if something attacks physically, we'll have to fight it off."

She looks him over and nods, then she stretches and rubs her neck. "Is there anything you wanted to talk about before I go and get ready for the night?"

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As Alicia left, he watched her make her way to the house. The door closed behind her, and he nodded, thinking on what she had just said.... "I'll pray you keep yourself safe."
I'll do the same for you too.. He honestly did want to go with her, but he couldn't risk it. Things were getting more and more difficult, not only in fighting but in how he's been living here.

They made it inside Deana's home, he smiled softly at Jasmines comment of being scared about inside, isolated. It's just a house, chill out... Though he would of been an asshole saying that out loud. He heard her footsteps upon the stairs, Deana had addressed him if there was anything really to talk about. Is there? No... not really. Least I don't think. Giving a casual smile, he put his hands behind his head and leaned against the wall. "No not really. It's best we go to bed as soon as possible. I'm hell a tired from running, studying, getting lost in the woods, and other things." Laughing out loud, Gordon's face grew flush at his statement of other things, but never made it clear what, though it was probably pretty easy to guess.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deana shot him a chiding look, but a smile crept its way to her face and she blushed at the memory.

"Fine," she said, then repeated the word, as if to strengthen her resolve and clear away the distracting thoughts. "You go upstairs to bed. Tell Jasamine to get sleep as well. I'll have her take second watch and then you can take third watch in the early morning. If you start sleeping now you'll have a good six or seven hours of rest."

She clapped a hand on his shoulder and then moved off to another room, perhaps the kitchen from what he could see, and left him to his business.

Upstairs, Gordon would find Jasamine standing at the end of the upstairs hallway, staring out the window. She turned her horned head to look at him. "This house is unsettling... it's made of dead wood!" She shivered visibly, her eyes darting around her. She did not calm down until once again she forced her gaze out of the open window and skyward, towards the gloomy clouds that were becoming dark and invisible as dusk gave way towards night. Not even the moon was visible.

A chilling breeze blew in and Jasamine shivered once again. Gordon himself would have to wrestle with himself not to shake at the chill. There was an ill feeling to the wind.

To either side of Jasamine were open doorways leading to separate bedrooms, very spartan in appearance and amenities.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good, at least she's uncomfortable about it as well.... Following her instructions, he headed upstairs without a word. As he began to enter one of the rooms, he glanced to see Jasmine who looked pretty stressed. He was really tired, but it was becoming obvious she probably wouldn't sleep like this. Giving a heavy sigh, he shivered as the wind blew through the open window. Stopping in his steps, he could feel the hairs on his neck stand.... something wasn't right. Or perhaps he was growing paranoid.

Resuming his steps he sat on the bed next to Jasmine, giving a small smile. "Hey hey, relax. I know it may seem... barbaric to you, but not all humans have powers to give them shelter, and trees alone are not enough to protect from storms and blizzards. We don't do this because it's fun, we do it to survive. We'd freeze to death otherwise." Like when you leave that damn window open wide! I'm going to need some more bedsheets.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Seeing him shiver as well, she seemed to read his thoughts, closing the window and fastening it against the chill. It seemed not to work though, as the draft was powerful, and the air was still cold. She sat back down on the bed. Turned to Gordon.

"It's one thing to understand why something is done. It's another to actually experience it first hand. Even if someone were to rationalize the use of human bones as a necessary building material, wouldn't it still disturb you to reside in such a house?" She shrugged and then closed her eyes. It seemed to help.

"Still, this cold is another bother. It's not natural. Dryads are like trees in several respects - one is that natural cold doesn't bother us all that much. Whatever this is, it's part of the curse that's left this land stricken."

She eyed him with concern in her eyes.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ouch, touche... The thought about such a structure was very disturbing indeed, something he'd expect a demonic cult to build. But it seemed like she had noticed the cold as well, and what she said didn't exactly put him at ease.
"Ok, you made your point. But... I'm glad you mentioned that wind. I felt it too. Something is either coming right now, or it's already here." Question was... what?

(sorry for the short posts, they are only like having brief conversation after all.)