What's new

ACT [GRIMHELM] Alien Quest: Eve (RJ311440)

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I can't seem to figure out how to get up to the area with the core. The only access points I found were inaccessible, despite having double jump. Was there some other jump upgrade I missed at some point? There area with the metroids was as high as I could conceivably go.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
I like how people complain on his blog about how little effort he effort he put in span of one year. Even though you should be happy he's giving the demo for free, and he's doing this by himself. Why do people have to act like they are entitled for stuff? I hope grim doesn't go ghost cause of idiots like them....

blood mane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I can't seem to figure out how to get up to the area with the core. The only access points I found were inaccessible, despite having double jump. Was there some other jump upgrade I missed at some point? There area with the metroids was as high as I could conceivably go.
you can sorta do a wall hop after a double jump, and by using that you should be able to find the high jump just find a blue line that indicates an item

I like how people complain on his blog about how little effort he effort he put in span of one year. Even though you should be happy he's giving the demo for free, and he's doing this by himself. Why do people have to act like they are entitled for stuff? I hope grim doesn't go ghost cause of idiots like them....
i know right? like as if grimhelm owe them or something and complaining about a 'deadline' that doesnt exist. those people even have no clue how things work in that field. i have a fair share of programming myself and it's not a joke especially when it's complicated as a game.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Holy shit there are some nasty idiots on his blog. Out of 500 comments on his "I'm not dead post", 10% of them are people that were saying that he actually died and impersonating him/his lawyer (Lmao)

Jesus.. This shit is what makes devs not care about the game. It's just so pessimistic and horrible to read.

On another note I'm glad Grimhelm is back, but his patreon is still under review. People were saying he paused it, but no, he didn't, Patreon just saw a bit of tiddy and privated it until he decides to call up patreon support.

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
OH MY GOD !

This is a fantastic bit of news :D
Now we just need to duplicate these results for datanony and we'll be golden for life !

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
you can sorta do a wall hop after a double jump, and by using that you should be able to find the high jump just find a blue line that indicates an item
If this wall hop ability is an upgrade I seem to be missing it. I've got the first 3 upgrades (backdash, double jump, speed up) but can't for the life of me locate the wall hop. The only blue vertical beam left I can find is in the area where you first encounter the xenomorph ladies near the top left of the map, which isn't accessible without wall jump.
Can anyone point out on the map where it is? I've scoured pretty much every room and have had no luck finding it.

Edit: Nevermind, I somehow figured it out by dicking around with jumping and attacking to get up the wall to get to high jump. Probably the jankiest implementation of wall jumping I've ever seen.
Edit2: So I think my problem stemmed from not realizing the high jump pickup was accessible by regular, non-glitchy means, but also misinterpreting what sections of rooms I had been in before. I'm pretty sure I wandered into the area with high jump at some point, but seeing the map had already been revealed (having already "been inside" that room from the lower level) my 3AM brain assumed I'd already checked there and turned around.

Last edited:
OP
Jesus

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
There is no wall-jump ability, it's just a bug/feature. You're looking for the high jump, which is that blue vertical beam you speak of. IIRC you need to keep heading right and use a box to climb on a platform, maybe?

Mecchi

Reputation score
Holy shit there are some nasty idiots on his blog. Out of 500 comments on his "I'm not dead post", 10% of them are people that were saying that he actually died and impersonating him/his lawyer (Lmao)

Jesus.. This shit is what makes devs not care about the game. It's just so pessimistic and horrible to read.

On another note I'm glad Grimhelm is back, but his patreon is still under review. People were saying he paused it, but no, he didn't, Patreon just saw a bit of tiddy and privated it until he decides to call up patreon support.
No, he did pause his Patreon right before that happened, he posted that he was going to pause all Patreon donations until he finished the game.

vss189

Reputation score
There are two maps, small in game menu and normal size map that shows by Tab key.

Cyriel

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah the new demo is insanely satisfying. The entire map has been reworked, all routes are different now, tons of new enemies and i'm not even anywhere halfway in.
Best shit ever.

blaster

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Is there a way to zoom in the map because mine looks like it was made for ants
You can press [Tab] for dynamic map view, but I'm not sure if I can zoom in and out, just too focus on exploring the hell out of this 'demo'.
It's already worth some price at its current stage imo.