What's new

ACT [GRIMHELM] Alien Quest: Eve (RJ311440)

OP
Jesus

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Have the game-over scenes bugged out for anyone else too? Might this be to do with savedata from the demo interfering perhaps?

srankstrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm really shocked that he decided to release the game for free. I was planning on actually buying the game off DLsite just to support the guy, and I'm actually kinda hoping that he'll accept money if people want to give it to him: maybe a Humble Bundle-like deal where people can pay as much as they want.

Mick2000

Reputation score
Have the game-over scenes bugged out for anyone else too? Might this be to do with savedata from the demo interfering perhaps?
by bugged if you mean that the screen just black then me too. around north area got 3rd game over, the screen just black and nothing but when i turn to gallery the game over scene just fine.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Pirating is bad BUT
O-oh it's free
Time to put $5 a month into this guy and completely forget about it like I always do

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
The glitches were something that didn't affect me too much, but is anyone but me hitting a really steep difficulty curve? I do enjoy the gameplay and it's fun here and there, and I was hoping that I didn't have to grind too much, but it seems like that might be the only way to get some momentum. Can't really rush past things cause some keycards are gained from beating bosses (as in you have to beat the boss in order to get to the area with the keycard, not that they drop them). STR and CON seem to be the two more important stats with the other two having less priority, with LUCK being the least prioritized. Also if there's one thing I hate about this game, it's enemy projectiles. Some of them home in to you, and they always stagger you. The only counter seems to be that one shield upgrade you get.
As for the animations...well, they look really nice. I was hoping for a bit more variation though. The chestburster, for some reason, isn't in the gallery, though I'm not sure if that was intentional or a bug. I don't really know what else to say about the game. I'm just really indifferent right now, leaning towards liking it.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
It's weird that the FINAL BOSS in the Reactor Room doesn't have any unique H-animations. You'd think the heroine would become another victim and get cocooned or something. Sure is a waste.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
It's weird that the FINAL BOSS in the Reactor Room doesn't have any unique H-animations. You'd think the heroine would become another victim and get cocooned or something. Sure is a waste.
The platforms on the floor grab you similar to the robot fight.
But yeah, I'm weirded out that, despite all of the alien imagery and even having a graphic chestburster scene, it kind of stops there.
I wasn't expecting any Sinisistar "move the player to a different location on death", but no cocoons after they've been in the back the whole game is weird.

Mick2000

Reputation score
Ok now rest bitches,I know you are tired
1. we got some short movie scene? epilogue or prologue?
2. still in development or already in released version?
3. your monitor or grimhelm blog update?

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Okay, so am i the only person here who's at least somewhat disappointed???

I mean the most annoying bugs from the alpha 13b version of the game are still a thing, namely some of the enemies not initiating any sort of sex scene like both variants of the pyramid head (the fit muscly one and the fat tentacly one), the fat spitters that spit and the ones with the sword attacks and the female aliens plus at least 2 of the new enemies from the v1.0... Those just NEVER initiate the move phase which initiates H scene on contact like it should and instead are perpetually stuck spamming whatever attacks they have ALL THE TIME...

The funny thing is those particular enemies WILL actually initiate the moving phase and thus their H animation but ONLY once you are actually dead... Like i know i can see their H animations in the gallery, but it's just not the same...

I mean i know Grim is giving out the game for free, but seriously having one third of the total number of the enemies turned into a GOR experience is really annoying... Unfortunately i don't think he is actually ever going to fix that particular problem since it's technically not a bug... And here's a fun fact, that problem wasn't present in alpha 12 version and as i said previously it started in version 13...

On a side note the potentially very interesting two boss level enemies just before the end of the game (the T-Rex like alien and the huge ass super saiyan thunder alien) don't have any H-scenes, which just screams "rushed release" to me, more than anything...

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score
On a side note the potentially very interesting two boss level enemies just before the end of the game (the T-Rex like alien and the huge ass super saiyan thunder alien) don't have any H-scenes, which just screams "rushed release" to me, more than anything...
Those not having an H scene didn't feel like it was rushed to me. There are a bunch of other enemies that don't have any H scenes either. But I would have loved to see an H scene with those big guys and the final boss, though. Doesn't even have to be penetrative sex, with how big their penis would be. Something like a thighjob would've been neat.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
I mean the most annoying bugs from the alpha 13b version of the game are still a thing, namely some of the enemies not initiating any sort of sex scene like both variants of the pyramid head (the fit muscly one and the fat tentacly one), the fat spitters that spit and the ones with the sword attacks and the female aliens plus at least 2 of the new enemies from the v1.0... Those just NEVER initiate the move phase which initiates H scene on contact like it should and instead are perpetually stuck spamming whatever attacks they have ALL THE TIME...

The funny thing is those particular enemies WILL actually initiate the moving phase and thus their H animation but ONLY once you are actually dead... Like i know i can see their H animations in the gallery, but it's just not the same...
You might have the in-combat grabs turned off. That's an option, check the pause menu. Listed as H scene (not game over) because I turned that setting to on when I first started playing and literally never encountered that issue

SpectreHD

Reputation score
Those not having an H scene didn't feel like it was rushed to me. There are a bunch of other enemies that don't have any H scenes either. But I would have loved to see an H scene with those big guys and the final boss, though. Doesn't even have to be penetrative sex, with how big their penis would be. Something like a thighjob would've been neat.
Yeah disappointed about that but I can see why because they are huge. Too bad my wish for the Facehugger to hug the other "lips" didn't happen. Oh well.

Kinda nice having my name at near the top of the credits screen.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Shit, I really feel bad for not even having the option to pay anything for this. It's insanely generous considering how solid Grimhelm's work is, but I still feel like I owe him at least something worth a damn.