What's new

H-scenes compilation Game Test (educational?)

IND3X

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
From old link: https://ulmf.org/threads/h-scenes-game-test-edit-rpgmaker-ace.13137/

Basically I extracted some scenes from different H-games and edit it using RPGMAKER to find out what people like regarding the pace/edit of that scene.
The edit I did are split into 3 group which is "Simple Edit, Moderate Edit, and Heavy Edit". The goal of this discussion is to at least understand the problem with H-games' H-scenes. I've played games that contain bad to mediocre H-scenes, and while I'm being critical of it, some people try to defend it with various understandable reason. While it's true sometimes bad to mediocre H-scenes are there just because the gameplay of a game is the main attraction... I can't help to wonder that there should be something that could've been done to make the H-scenes somewhat enjoyable.

Are perverts fine with simpler scenario where only CG with minimal sounds are used? Do they like something a bit complex with effects appearing on screen as the scene plays? Or maybe they prefer something of the middle ground in their H-scenes?

Gameplay: No battle, no collecting, no exploring, no unlocking. You just run around like headless chicken and checking example of H-scene I edited. This is meant to be educational after all?
Story: No story, no headache, no confusing plot twist, no need deep lore. Well, aside from our Hero getting rapped or submitting to be raped in the H-scenes that is...
Features: Mostly Paizuri and MGQP monster girls, no guro, no vore, no virus, no miner, none of that bullshit. Oh, also it includes 21 edited H-scenes.
Runtime: You can finish/read everything in under an hour or two. If you play with y'self during mid game, probably around 4 hours.

This is what I think of Bad H-scenes in general:
No variant CGs, that scene only use 1 CG from start to finish of that H-scenes.
Reason: Lack of visual cue and it makes me like reading a book, considering more can be done in electronic media than just reading. Or just a simple edit of expression on that CG to make it something's changing.
2. Minimal sound on H-scenes.
Reason: Lack of auditory cue also kills my mood to read further of that H-scenes and makes me just want to skip ahead. For me the sound is needed to built the atmosphere, at least just BGM/BGS and SE will do.
3. Short Payoff.
Reason: Self explanatory. it turns me off when there's a H-scenes that gives you a lot of exposition before leading up to that H-scenes "main course", but sadly the "main course" only happen for a short duration. Like what 5 text boxes?

With that all said. if you wanna try and see some example edits I made before you can share your opinion, or if you just wanna criticize the edits for being trash.

I also included some footnote of edit that I did ingame where you can read it yourself to help better understand what tech I used.
Disclaimer: I do not take credit for any work, english translation, etc in this "example", they belong to their respective owner/translator.

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
No offence, but I think this belongs in the discussion thread.

unknownpervert

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I tried out your game and I'll be honest,I usually don't bother playing Hgame unless they have atleast moderate edit,and even so I tend to avoid them because they doesn't meet up my standard.I think the heavy edit is the bare minimum quality we should expect in Hgame nowadays,or atleast,it is what I expect personnally.Almost all game I played that had simple edit or raw were instantly deleted outside of monmusu quest,this game was an exception because it standed out thanks to his story and gameplay.

Basically,this is how I rate Hgame scene personally:
Tier S+=Interaction+great animations (JSK/Hizashi no Naka)
Tier S=Great animations (Sexy girl Hunt/Alps and the dangerous forest)
Tier A=Good/basic animations (ROBFEOY)
Tier B=Game with Heavy edits
Tier Poop=Everything else

This is also why I don't get the popularity of "touching feelings",game felt boring af for me and I just don't get the appeal about the game at al.The story was basic and ultra short,interaction were just mainly headpat and eating outside,and HScene were just basics pictures with maybe some variations,the interaction was there but it was just too static to actually appreciate it.

OP
IND3X

IND3X

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've never heard of Hizashi no naka before. I might try it out if you rate it so high.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Personally, game CGs just don't do much for me in general, unless there's a fair amount of animation to it or some good voice acting (which I find can do a lot in general).

For visuals alone, I've always been more of a fan of putting more effort into what is displayed during combat in an RPG, especially if the H is focused there. I know developers and artists who put a lot of effort into CGs because they 'feel like they have to' and I think that's a waste if it's not what they're really after.

OneOfUs

Reputation score
I've never heard of Hizashi no naka before. I might try it out if you rate it so high.
It's a loli version of JSK's stuff. Only other thing i'd put in the same tier as S+ on his grading scale is the Punyupuri series by Tinkle Bell, the quality is phenomenal. (Futanari though, so different stroke for a different folk.)

whiteninja

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I actually really liked the animated pixel scenes from ntrpg over some static cgs. I wish more devs would do something like that.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to discussions sub.