What's new

Happy Thanksgiving

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Black Friday is upon us! TREMBLE IN FEAR, MORTALS, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA-*coughhackcoughcoughwheezecoughhack*-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, definitely not going anywhere today. I musta been in Soviet Russia, 'cause that Turkey stuffed ME.
*rimshot**gets yanked off stage by cane*

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

OMG! I LOVED THAT!!!

/REP

Edit: "You must spread some more rep around before giving rep to Kusanagi again."

:'(

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm with you copper. the fact that I have to work black friday is precisely why I decided to stay home and relax. Technically I'm only working an eight hour shift, but because it's the mall and we don't kick people out, and I'm closing, I'll probably be working between nine and ten hours. Which is fine with me because I'm on register and thus not an associate on the floor having to sell stuff people don't want. Parking is going to be a BITCH though since I work at the mall and supposed to be in by 2.
Yeah, I have a closing shift, too, but thankfully, we're independant of the mall (although we're still in the same general complex area) so we *can* and *do* kick people out of the stores. I'm likely going to be on the sales floor (translation: helping at registers all day because they only schedule one cashier) and they've recently started some bullshit that no one leaves until the store is clean even though I am scheduled to leave at 11 (or 10 or 8 or whenever...) I think I pissed my one manger off the other night when it was "It's 10, I'm done." and I'd already clocked out. If they want me to stay and clean up, they need to schedule me to stay and clean up, especially if they're giving me 9 hour days.

I have to work at Toys R us from 12-5 and Babies R us from 6-10...
Sweet jesus. You need to log in sometime tomorrow so we're sure you're still alive.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I got the best fucking parking spot ever. The one right directly next to the handicapped space, in the aisle directly in front of the door.

FUCK. YES.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Niiiiice. I go in to work today and see the note of "A few tips for the holiday season: 1. "Traffic" is not an excuse for being late. Plan accordingly. 2. The employee parking are the *last 10* spaces in the lot (it's not a huge lot, really, but still...and the only way they'll catch you is if you close with them.) 3. You might want to consider packing your lunches since traffic can be a pain this time time of year, both for parking and getting to food places."

So nice that our managers are looking out for us [/sarcasm]

Ohyeah and get this. Apparently the store called at 7:30 this morning (I had gone to bed after 6 and was awake to hear mom's carpool show up at 7, though she didn't know that). "Is [Copper] there?" "She's sleeping." "Well, we had someone go home sick and were wondering if she could take the shift." "You know she already works 3-11 tonight, right?" "Oh. Yeah." Now, granted, I would have *prefered* the morning shift, just not on less than an hour's worth of sleep. And to top it off, my boss comes up to me while I'm on my break and goes "Can you go home at 9?" *Immediately suspicious, given the way she asks it* "Whyyy?" "We need to cut hours." (Could be because you're making people STAY, jackasses, instead of clocking out when you schedule us too, which fucks up the hour allotment.) "Yeah, sure." "And can you only do 11-6 tomorrow?" "Yeah, sure." Now, normally, a loss of hours is a bad thing, but this means A. I don't have to close, which means I don't have to stay and B. I get to actually enjoy my Saturday, though I swear if they keep up the shifts that they're scheduling people for (or rather, *not* scheduling people for), yeah, we're going to have retail hell this holiday season. *shakes head*

Forgot I wanted to share these, especially with Avatar working there.

(That second one is so freaking true...)

Last edited:
OP

Lurker
Reputation score

+ Rep Copper It's so fucking true. Although we did have free bagles and pizza for the whole day... Yum pizza.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

At least you got fed. They didn't have *jack* for us to eat, unlike previous years when we'd have pizzal coming in by the stack. Could be because the store's getting so f'ing cheap lately or could be because we had a freaking skeleton crew that they didn't think it was worth it.

Or the morning crew are all gluttons. There's that, too.

Btw, go post in the TD thread, Avvie!