What's new

Patreon SIM Abandoned [ HartistaPipebomb] Breeding Season

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Breeding Season

I wonder if this whole debacle will make it much harder for new and relatively unknown developers (whether it be adult in nature or not) in obtaining or gaining support from patreon.
Short answer? No.

The people who were funding Breeding Season already had to be extremely careless with their money in the first place, since the people behind the project all had a very bad reputation and the project had been doing little but stalling for about two full years. People who didn't stop then, certainly won't stop now, and the actual savvy customers who'd possibly invest in other Patreons would have either never joined or at least left Breeding Season years ago.

People with more money than sense wouldn't suddenly become sensible after all.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Short answer? No.

The people who were funding Breeding Season already had to be extremely careless with their money in the first place, since the people behind the project all had a very bad reputation and the project had been doing little but stalling for about two full years. People who didn't stop then, certainly won't stop now, and the actual savvy customers who'd possibly invest in other Patreons would have either never joined or at least left Breeding Season years ago.

People with more money than sense wouldn't suddenly become sensible after all.
I think S-Purple's new Patreon already garnering $5,000 a month in less than two weeks proves that. I'm astounded, actually. How 1,200+ people would turn around and support him on a monthly basis is literally crazy. If he were taking a content-based pledge approach to rebuild trust, maybe, but to blindly throw more money at him... crazy.

So, as Censuur said, people with money are not suddenly going to become more sensible. Not only will the Breeding Season fiasco not stop people from funding, but apparently, it won't even stop the people who were burned by Breeding Season from turning around and immediately funding one of the people who burned them! Since, for his Patreon to get so big, so quickly, it has to be a good portion of Breeding Season people (an assumption on my part here).

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I suggested to them on their patreon switching to a content release system, and I can't find the post now. Quite possibly it was "deleted for irrelevance" but I think it was more a case of "deleted for irreverence". Not only are there more than 1,000 naïve people giving them money, but there isn't even a public demo build yet. People really should have held on until they had a taste of what the game is like.

Judge Heath (their PR guy, apparently) has said that anyone who's funded BS in the past should send him a message if they want to fund CM instead and the payment will be diverted into CM's coffers, or something along those lines.

People can be really stupid. How can they fund a guy that has left two broken projects in his wake? How can they be sure he won't jump ship as soon as he loses interest in this one too? For me, CM is Spurp's make or break. If he dumps this one too, maybe, just maybe people will stop believing in him. Maybe, but I doubt it. Oh sure, it's his own idea but who's to say if he will or not?

To be honest, I'm holding onto the latest build of Breeding Season, because I like where the game was going - into story and content areas.

Last edited:

Swisher223

Demon Girl
Reputation score

To be honest, I read both sides of the story and I know it boils down to a "he said she said" scenario but I can sort of understand where S-purple is coming from. This doesn't change the fact what he did throw the other developers under the bus although S-purple did state that the others were also thinking of jumping boat as well.

Probably the biggest argument against S-purple is him "stealing" his own art assets but I think this argument isn't that great either. When I actually tried that game, it's filled with bugs on the gallery (I realize that this is an alpha but from my understanding, this game has been going on for years now) and the gameplay is essentially a farm simulator or any other hackneyed simulator that's been put up in flash sites such as newgrounds. I mean, I'm not a developer or have any knowledge in computer science but surely it couldn't be that hard to code?

Now when we look at what S-purple has to contribute into the game, it's actually the meat and potatoes that would probably bring a lot patrons and potential would be buyers. The amount of animation and artwork that he would need to create and contribute would vastly outweigh what the programmers might have to contribute, in my opinion.

TL;dr Yeah, I agree that people are haphazard with their money but I can sort of see how they can make the argument of going in for another gamble.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*SNIP*

TL;dr Yeah, I agree that people are haphazard with their money but I can sort of see how they can make the argument of going in for another gamble.
Interesting perspective. My point though is, that after the BS debacle, shouldn't those supporters demand that S-Purple produce and release SOMETHING before jumping back in? I mean, he's running a MONTHLY campaign without a shred of playable content and a few pics. His recent stream wasn't even him working... (at least based on a few comments I saw--so I might be wrong here)

He claims he is rolling the Breeding Season money into this new campaign, but he is running a monthly campaign prior to any release. Additionally, if there was ever a case where a developer should prove himself before running a monthly campaign, it seems like this is it. We, the customers, truly have all the power in Patreon. I'd like to see that power used to force him to be more transparent and trustworthy. Ultimately, I think it would help ensure the game would become a reality and not another failed project, but I could definitely be wrong.

Swisher223

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Interesting perspective. My point though is, that after the BS debacle, shouldn't those supporters demand that S-Purple produce and release SOMETHING before jumping back in? I mean, he's running a MONTHLY campaign without a shred of playable content and a few pics. His recent stream wasn't even him working... (at least based on a few comments I saw--so I might be wrong here)

He claims he is rolling the Breeding Season money into this new campaign, but he is running a monthly campaign prior to any release. Additionally, if there was ever a case where a developer should prove himself before running a monthly campaign, it seems like this is it. We, the customers, truly have all the power in Patreon. I'd like to see that power used to force him to be more transparent and trustworthy. Ultimately, I think it would help ensure the game would become a reality and not another failed project, but I could definitely be wrong.
That's a good point and I agree with you. I guess maybe some supporters genuinely believe that he did the right thing and didn't think of him screwing over BS as justified. Don't really know what's going on peoples' minds but I guess we can attribute it to blind optimism.

I'm really interested to see how S-purple is going to pull all of this off TBH. Considering he's been doxxed, he has quite a lot to lose by screwing people over.

Last edited:

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You shouldn't be suprised by what people that believe what you perceive as silly.

Just look at any countries Election.

Shyao

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

My understanding is warframe is struggling to keep people invested both financially and from a player perspective. Actually:
Actually, the reason for that is because the devs are double dipping on microtransactions. Allow me to explain why this is a shitty practice.

In Warframe, a lot of frames, items, and weapons can be bought, some of which cannot be obtained in-game unless you purchase them. So, you buy a few frames and weapons and all is okay. You got your stuff and you're having fun! Then you decide to buy more and this is when they decide to get you. You have a VERY limited inventory in Warframe! You can only have about 3-4 Frames to starts and about 7-8 weapons. Are your slots full? Too bad! You have to either sell off your old stuff to open up some slots or you can purchase an inventory expansion. Which is $1. PER. SLOT. Want five more weapon slots? $5. Want two more frame slots? $2. And you have to choose wisely. You can't just buy five slots and fill them with whatever you like. You have to choose if it's a Frame or Weapon slot. So, if you buy five weapon slots, you cannot get more frames until you buy those slots, even if the weapon slots you paid for are empty. There's also a ton of weapons and frames you can make, but cannot purchase. Oh, and all your weapons and frames level up, so sooner or later, if you want to play the game a lot, you WILL be buying weapons and frames. And you WILL be buying slots. Lots. And lots. Of slots.

The least they can do, if I buy a weapon or frame with real money, is give me a goddamn slot for it! Making gear in game, I'm more or less fine with not getting free slots for it. But if I'm purchasing one, give me a slot.

OP
The Lurkers Shadow

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Actually, the reason for that is because the devs are double dipping on microtransactions. Allow me to explain why this is a shitty practice.

In Warframe, a lot of frames, items, and weapons can be bought, some of which cannot be obtained in-game unless you purchase them. So, you buy a few frames and weapons and all is okay. You got your stuff and you're having fun! Then you decide to buy more and this is when they decide to get you. You have a VERY limited inventory in Warframe! You can only have about 3-4 Frames to starts and about 7-8 weapons. Are your slots full? Too bad! You have to either sell off your old stuff to open up some slots or you can purchase an inventory expansion. Which is $1. PER. SLOT. Want five more weapon slots? $5. Want two more frame slots? $2. And you have to choose wisely. You can't just buy five slots and fill them with whatever you like. You have to choose if it's a Frame or Weapon slot. So, if you buy five weapon slots, you cannot get more frames until you buy those slots, even if the weapon slots you paid for are empty. There's also a ton of weapons and frames you can make, but cannot purchase. Oh, and all your weapons and frames level up, so sooner or later, if you want to play the game a lot, you WILL be buying weapons and frames. And you WILL be buying slots. Lots. And lots. Of slots.

The least they can do, if I buy a weapon or frame with real money, is give me a goddamn slot for it! Making gear in game, I'm more or less fine with not getting free slots for it. But if I'm purchasing one, give me a slot.
You seem to have messed up your info on warframe a little, slots on warframe take premium currency to purchase all which can be acquired through trading also 2 weapon slots are almost half cost of a single warframe slot also buying a weapon or frame outright gives you both the slot and adds a catalyst or reactor to them so your paying for the item, its catalyst/reactor and its slot all in one go still overpriced in the end, buying the item outright but getting said items through crafting is usually pretty simple.
acquiring the premium currency needed to pay for slots is child's play one prime item or decent mod and done, hell one really rare mod can net 700 premium currency as is.

As for warframe itself its been around a few years naturally interest will wane and some dick moves, like nerfs to otherwise fun frame or being nerfed so hard they become worthless or locking prime frames away making them unobtainable until months later for one month because they are running out of places for parts to drop in their minds, yet have no items in T1 defence outside of crappy keys and cores and barely anything in derelict doesn't help and drives away some players.

Anyway that aside and on a more topic related note I'm not surprised this died I did a calculation a while back when there was only a few monsters as is and the total amount of animations needed to pair up with everything was pretty staggering as is just one monster needed well over 50 separate animations alone back then, with the amount of monsters they choked the game with plus genderswap, futa, loli/shota and beast versions added in even if they had lots of dedicated people on it would take years to finish. Most likely the dev worked this out too and just milked the shit out of it as long as he could.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Really Warframe? one of the best FTP mmo games you can find where you can grind and sell to idiot players and get everything free? where if you put in enough time you'll get everything and mats aren't hard to find just time consuming.

Shyao

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You seem to have messed up your info on warframe a little, slots on warframe take premium currency to purchase all which can be acquired through trading also 2 weapon slots are almost half cost of a single warframe slot also buying a weapon or frame outright gives you both the slot and adds a catalyst or reactor to them so your paying for the item, its catalyst/reactor and its slot all in one go still overpriced in the end, buying the item outright but getting said items through crafting is usually pretty simple.
acquiring the premium currency needed to pay for slots is child's play one prime item or decent mod and done, hell one really rare mod can net 700 premium currency as is.

As for warframe itself its been around a few years naturally interest will wane and some dick moves, like nerfs to otherwise fun frame or being nerfed so hard they become worthless or locking prime frames away making them unobtainable until months later for one month because they are running out of places for parts to drop in their minds, yet have no items in T1 defence outside of crappy keys and cores and barely anything in derelict doesn't help and drives away some players.

Anyway that aside and on a more topic related note I'm not surprised this died I did a calculation a while back when there was only a few monsters as is and the total amount of animations needed to pair up with everything was pretty staggering as is just one monster needed well over 50 separate animations alone back then, with the amount of monsters they choked the game with plus genderswap, futa, loli/shota and beast versions added in even if they had lots of dedicated people on it would take years to finish. Most likely the dev worked this out too and just milked the shit out of it as long as he could.
Keep in mind that not everyone gets those prime blueprints or rare mods. I've had friends hunting certain prime parts for months and never get them. And being asked to part with those parts or premium currency can be hard to do. Especially if that person is a completionist.

Also, please keep in mind that the game never tells you about the limited inventory. I didn't even know I had a limit until after I bought some weapons and a few frames. Then I built a new sword and found out I had no slots for it. I haven't played since.

OP
The Lurkers Shadow

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Keep in mind that not everyone gets those prime blueprints or rare mods. I've had friends hunting certain prime parts for months and never get them. And being asked to part with those parts or premium currency can be hard to do. Especially if that person is a completionist.

Also, please keep in mind that the game never tells you about the limited inventory. I didn't even know I had a limit until after I bought some weapons and a few frames. Then I built a new sword and found out I had no slots for it. I haven't played since.
Fair points but even some common grade prime items can earn enough to easily afford slots, but yeah they don't really warn you about needing slots until you do. All it comes down to is being patient enough to sell something. I've seen low rank players save up and sell low grade parts enough to get high priced items.

Anyway I've talked on this and derailed the thread a little more than I should of so I shall bow out now, since anything on the threads topic that I could mention already has been said. :)

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Having read the official blog post I feel like I've only heard one person's side of an argument between two men who obviously hate each other. Hbomb presents his foe as an insane person who wants to spite him for no reason. Generally if you're willing to blow up a lucrative business just to spite someone, they've done SOMETHING to you.

The complete implosion of the game was more spectacular than I could have anticipated. It's too bad too, as it hit my main fetishes almost 100%.

Artigael

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, I did not know what was going on.

So... that's it, then.

I started following the project back in the LoK forums, when the game only had Catgirls and Dickwolves and no events whatsoever. I saw the project grow, then get to nowhere, then starting to show promise again... and then crash and burn. It's just...sad.

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Honestly i did enjoy this game a bit as to its content it had and even was a patreon at one time for it. I feel like H bomb should just start over and learn from his mistakes. I'm sure he has plenty of resources that are his not s purples and could create something on par, but needs to manage his projects better. Their so called remakes of versions were some serious set backs in my opinion. I'm sure alot of effort and work goes into making some of these games, and when you scrap like 3 months of someones work here and there i'm sure they would be a little salty over time lol.

Shyao

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Honestly i did enjoy this game a bit as to its content it had and even was a patreon at one time for it. I feel like H bomb should just start over and learn from his mistakes. I'm sure he has plenty of resources that are his not s purples and could create something on par, but needs to manage his projects better. Their so called remakes of versions were some serious set backs in my opinion. I'm sure alot of effort and work goes into making some of these games, and when you scrap like 3 months of someones work here and there i'm sure they would be a little salty over time lol.
Except word was that his workers were all lazy sacks of crap who did nothing regularly. You can't get progress or even a new project off the ground with no one willing to do the work necessary. His best workers both left his company, one of which, ironically, being S-Purple himself. And he lost Vanilly because she was doing too much work and had too many responsibilities.

Keep in mind that HBomb himself said the rest of his team's "lack of motivation" is keeping him from continuing the project. In short, they don't work. They were just sucking as much milk as they could from Patreon's teet while doing nothing, getting paid just because they were on the team.

If we're brutally honest, HBomb brought this onto himself with his lack of management. As lead developer, it was his job to get this game done. And by putting all the work on two people while allowing worthless employees to drag the project down, he practically guaranteed his only real workers would leave. And now, he's the one left with blue balls. He should have fixed things long ago. Maybe then Vanilly and S-Purple wouldn't have looked for employment elsewhere.

If it helps, think of Breeding Season as a boat in the sea of multimedia. The boat springs a leak and two people, being S-Purple and Vanilly, scramble for buckets to start getting the water out, trying to fix the leak. And everyone else just sits back and watches them try to save the boat. At one point, they realize no one's helping, so they spring for the life boats and sail away.

HBomb is just now telling us his ship sank. And he blames the two people who were smart enough to abandon ship. Instead of going "All hands on deck!", he sat back and did nothing. And now he whines that Breeding Season is fucked. Serves him right.

I'd be willing to bet he won't continue because he can't get a new artist or animator, after how badly he overworked the previous two. Chances are, if you join his team, you will be the ONLY one actively working on the game. Consider this a warning to anyone who decides to 'help out'.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so download the DEV files and finish were he left off then =/ people posted the link to the dev files just download them >.>

Shyao

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

so download the DEV files and finish were he left off then =/ people posted the link to the dev files just download them >.>
Except that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. S-Purple retains all ownership of the art used in the game with Subtank owning the previous art assets. If somebody were to go ahead and try to finish the game, they could then be sued for unlawfully using S-Purple's art assets. And all he'd have to do is present his contract showing he owns the art to get the new creators shut down.

The only way to finish Breeding Season would be to get a whole new team on it, with new art assets, new sound work, new graphics, though you can work with the same gameplay. Animations might need to be remade or replaced as well.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

They'd need to be remade. It's a shame because even though I'm not big on blondes, I loved the FBreeder.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sooooooooo for how many more years are you guys going to keep bumping this thread? Project's dead, the creator's useless, what's there to talk about?