What's new

ACT Abandoned [hentairobotfromthefuture] Hero and Monster

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Hero and Monster

I never really understood the sub/dom stereotypes. I just feels so over-kinked and fakey to me.
Fetish is like love.
It's not logical.
You can't reason it.
It simply fascinates you.
It simply makes you addicted.
And so like love, not everyone love the same person.

And the "reverse-rape" term is beyond silly (yes, yes I know its used for convenience).
Convenience is a serious business nowadays you know? :p

Last edited:

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh thank god, another male protagonist reverse-rape ACT game..

Sadly it seems like 1/3 of every male protagonist game I've seen are
stuck on the endless "don't worry, just a little longer and-" cycle of
perpetuation.. Here's hoping.. No, PRAYING, that this game doesn't fall
to that cycle, and that if nothing else a demo is released soon.. Very soon..

It is true that male protagonist games are unpopular, and practically frowned
upon by like 75% of the community, as much as some people would like not
to beleive.. But.. This is not because they do not like the genre, but because
the flow of said games is extremely unreliable..

If male protagonist reverse-rape games were coming off the pipeline with the
same frequency as regular RPG Maker dime-a-dozen hentai games, I guarantee you they'd be more popular..

It's simple supply and demand.. The people just don't know what they want, until they've got it, like tasting a foreign delicacy for the first time, and then
it becoming your official "favorite dish you've ever had"..

Most people's comfort zone will always lay in what is the easiest to acquire in good quantity and fresh status.. Thus, whatever is more prolific, tends to
be the most popular.. That might sound backwards, and it is regarding "real" essentials, like food and physical equipment. But when it comes to games,
who's appearance and existence are entirely at the whim of whoever produces them, it is the creators and suppliers who hold dominion over what the people enjoy and require more of, not the people themselves.. We are but cattle, lined up at the trough, eating whatever we are fed..

If we are fed corn for many decades, corn will be what we are most comfortable consuming..

... But there will always be those who carry a taste for grapes.. Even if we only get a nibble of one every few years..

Last edited:

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

Glad I found this, I'm interested too.

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

Ooh! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But wait, why only 1/3 and not 1/2? Does this mean not all past monsters can be taken revenge on?
We don't know exactly what the developer has in mind here, but there is a reasonable guess as to why only a 1/3rd of the scenes will be revenge scenes.

Each monster has three animations: the regular "sub" animation that the hero can walk away from after blowing his load, the KO "sub" animation that happens during/after the last of the hero's hp is sucked out, and whatever special "dom"animation is meant to play after he has acquired the ring.

As I said, no guarantee that this is what is planned as the developer wants to keep it vague so we can see for ourselves, but its a decent guess. Fingers crossed though for the seperate "finisher" animations. I'm not big on reversal and probably won't ever get close the ring aside from a 100% completion run.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

Alright, I feel bad about teasing this and then dragging my heels getting a demo out, so I'll give you a peek into what I'm doing:

Last week I took a look at what I have and, for some reason, decided to double the number of animations. Yay scope creep. Here's how the primary monster animations will work:

H1 (no ring of infinite HP): Monster sucking out Hero-kun's HP. Unique latching on and finishing animations.
H2 (ring of infinite HP): Monster still sucking out Hero-kun's HP, but he has infinite HP, so he's not really concerned about the whole ordeal. Unique latching on and finishing animations.
H3 (down): Hero-kun is down. Monsters wander over for a light snack.

H4, H5, and H6: Mostly variations on the above animations. I'll let you guys figure out how to trigger these, but it's pretty obvious. Can only be seen after completing the game.

H(?): I'll probably hide some bonus animations somewhere. These are complete animations that I made and decided not to use for whatever reason (probably because I think they're garbage).

Also as a reminder there are 10 game over CGs that my artist has finished and I'm pretty happy with.

Aside from the scope creep, I'm currently trying to get the gallery code working without breaking everything. Monsters appear in the gallery as you encounter them in the game, so you don't have to fully beat the game in order to view the monsters you've already seen. Animations in the gallery loop endlessly until you move on to the next/previous animations. I might put speed controls in too, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Also I need to make a totally sick NES/Famicom cartridge label graphic for the store page.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

This seems to be Kurovadis with a male protag, I like it. Is it going to be exploration based or linear?

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

I am hoping the game will be set up so that monsters will have an option to keep cycling through snacks after the hero is down rather than all activity ceasing until you go to the game over.

Also, how rough is this game? Some games, the hp loss will eventually result in death, for others it doesn't go beyond helplessness.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

This seems to be Kurovadis with a male protag, I like it. Is it going to be exploration based or linear?
It's going to be mostly linear. My design philosophy for games like this one is "Don't let the gameplay get in the way of the H." ie, it's going to be a simple platformer without any complex gameplay.

Also, Kurovadis is like 10x better than what I'm going to end up releasing.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

I am hoping the game will be set up so that monsters will have an option to keep cycling through snacks after the hero is down rather than all activity ceasing until you go to the game over.
That's exactly how it's set up.

Also, how rough is this game? Some games, the hp loss will eventually result in death, for others it doesn't go beyond helplessness.
These monsters don't kill their food. They prefer their meals to keep coming back.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

H1 (no ring of infinite HP): Monster sucking out Hero-kun's HP. Unique latching on and finishing animations.
H2 (ring of infinite HP): Monster still sucking out Hero-kun's HP, but he has infinite HP, so he's not really concerned about the whole ordeal. Unique latching on and finishing animations.
H3 (down): Hero-kun is down. Monsters wander over for a light snack.

H4, H5, and H6: Mostly variations on the above animations. I'll let you guys figure out how to trigger these, but it's pretty obvious. Can only be seen after completing the game.

H(?): I'll probably hide some bonus animations somewhere. These are complete animations that I made and decided not to use for whatever reason (probably because I think they're garbage).
i am realy excited to try out your game, i literaly cant wait to get my fingers on it :3

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You know what?

I bet at least once, somewhere, sometime ago, something very similar to this has actually happened to someone in this world of nearly infinite possibilities of ours.

Hell, some cool dudes on the interwebz have been claiming that something "made their d*ck diamond", so why not this too...?

Good luck with the game!

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is this going to be more like ProjectX, where once caught the entire scene plays out and you lose a specific amount of HP, or is it going to be more like Zell's game, where you can struggle free before the monster forces you to finish?

Also: Demo when? Do want badly!

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

Is this going to be more like ProjectX, where once caught the entire scene plays out and you lose a specific amount of HP, or is it going to be more like Zell's game, where you can struggle free before the monster forces you to finish?

Also: Demo when? Do want badly!
Monster does continuous damage to Hero-kun while his, uh, white bar is less than full. You can struggle free if you button mash.

Demo soon™.