What's new

HeroineRumble

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling - new gal patch, Oct 15 20

Video showing the the new controls, combat mechanics, and AI:

Since there are many changes, there could be many new bugs. I am looking for some mega-alpha testers to test it out AND GIVE FEEDBACK ON CONTROLS AND BALANCE. If you are interested in participating, send an email to [email protected].

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling - new gal patch, Oct 15 20

I find it odly pleasing to see even the developer get there ass kicked by ruby(4) HAHAHA!

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is that a very roundabout way to say the combat is mediocre, :D?
Compared to a full blown mainstream triple-A game? It probably is mediocre.

For an early alpha of a hentai indy game? You're well ahead of the curve, though I haven't tried any of the recent builds. I intend to let it sit a while and try again after a good chunk of development, rather than follow in minute detail.

But I'm still keeping half an eye on things. :)

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Compared to a full blown mainstream triple-A game? It probably is mediocre.

For an early alpha of a hentai indy game? You're well ahead of the curve, though I haven't tried any of the recent builds. I intend to let it sit a while and try again after a good chunk of development, rather than follow in minute detail.

But I'm still keeping half an eye on things. :)
What I meant is that you can just say the game is mediocre directly ;)

I find it odly pleasing to see even the developer get there ass kicked by ruby(4) HAHAHA!
Imagine this: "Introducing new super awesome AI"...show video of said AI getting stomped.

But after these matches it prompted me to bring out the nerf hammer :cool:

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Imagine this: "Introducing new super awesome AI"...show video of said AI getting stomped.

But after these matches it prompted me to bring out the nerf hammer :cool:
HAHAHA!

I dont have the time right now to help out with the testing but maybe in the future i could give more indepth feedback.

I think i need to go buy a plaque with the following:
"Like=/=Same"
Seems some people need to learn it.

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What I meant is that you can just say the game is mediocre directly ;)
Honestly, if I felt the need to say it, I'd say it. :)

But like I said, I've not tried a build since that first one, so I can't really comment beyond first impressions, which were pretty favourable.

jk103

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think you should consider commissioning someone to do portraits or something for the characters. I think the combat engine is heading in the right direction, but the characters are a bit bland and there's not a lot to distinguish them from one another. I think big, broad characterization is probably the biggest thing I think of when I look at pro-wrestling, so if you don't have the resources to do unique models, music, voice acting, or elaborate costumes like mainstream wrestling games, hiring a decent artist to do some simple portraits might be a cheaper way to give the girls some more personality.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think you should consider commissioning someone to do portraits or something for the characters. I think the combat engine is heading in the right direction, but the characters are a bit bland and there's not a lot to distinguish them from one another. I think big, broad characterization is probably the biggest thing I think of when I look at pro-wrestling, so if you don't have the resources to do unique models, music, voice acting, or elaborate costumes like mainstream wrestling games, hiring a decent artist to do some simple portraits might be a cheaper way to give the girls some more personality.
That would be nice. Money is a resource too and commissioning for high quality real time usable models is beyond the budget atm.

The good news is that changing the models and textures in a real 3D engine is rather easy. As opposed to sprite based games that once the images are created, are difficult to change. There certainly will be graphical improvements to the game as the time comes.

The todo list and request list is already long and they must be done in order of their priority. One thing at a time. :)

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling-new ctrls and balance, Oct

New controls patch released!:

• Abilities are activated via holding down a movement key + "W", similar to Super Smash Bros.
  • Grab key is now "A", and standing grabs can only be performed after 2 basic strikes. But it is no longer interrupt-able by regular jabs.
  • Roll is now done via double tabbing a movement key
  • There is also an experimental, optional roll key "R"
  • Abilities will now track towards the target better, including abilities used while running. The tolerance for this to activate is currently set to 60 degrees.
  • Input buffering are now only active on the last 300 ms of any action.
  • Block can now be freely canceled by any action
  • Fixed several bug that caused controls to behave unexpectedly

Aiolos1212

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling-new ctrls and balance, Oct

I noticed there's a bug where orgasms don't seem to occur when you win the match with an H-move as long as Amber is involved - you just drop them as if you won with a submission move. It doesn't matter if Amber is the one using an H-move, or having one used upon her - orgasm seems to not trigger.

Also noticed something that -might- not be intentional - I noticed you made sure that grabbing without two Q's beforehand is enabled while an opponent is down, and disabled the instant they use either a roll or wake-up attack. This disabling is not, however, extended to when they stand up naturally after time - meaning you can start a grab while they're standing up and they have to roll or get grabbed. I don't think it's all that big a deal, but seeing as how you disabled this ability upon wakeup and roll I figured it might be against what you wanted.

Finally, it seems you significantly nerfed H-moves damage, yet buffed the per-tick damage of submissions? I know the submission/H balance is a difficult topic, but now it's at the point where you can have a pretty major advantage over AI simply because they occasionally 'waste' their time with H-moves whereas you don't have to if you want to win. I know addressing this issue is likely to be low on your to-do list and grapple reworks are still in the planning stage and all that though, so I'm just going to throw out my ideas on what I think would work based on the current state of the game.

I think you're right when you said H-moves are likely to be used over submissions as long as they fulfill the same purpose and are differentiated only by numbers - which means the core problem is that they do the exact same thing. Solving that is difficult though, as currently health and stamina are the only two resources they can interact with, and H-moves reducing stamina wouldn't really make sense. I know I've brought it up before, but personally I think the best approach is going back to the idea of a third resource, such as a super bar.

As for my ideas on meter now that I've thought on it more and followed this game's progress for a bit - I think the idea of using it for a reversal is unnecessary, as snowball is kind of in the past at this point. I think keeping it simple would be fine - meter is built during all holds to a degree. Submissions do more damage and wear out the opponent faster, H-moves do a lot less damage but build meter slightly faster. As far as what meter is used for, I actually think keeping it minimalistic would be best and only having one super per character. This plays to what you said in how players will generally choose h-moves if submissions/h are equally useful - which means if players have a bar of meter and both the h-move and submission do damage, players will tend towards just using the h-move, in which case you might as well save yourself the animation work. Regular h-moves/submissions will still have their balance however, in that submissions are more number-efficient in terms of doing lots of damage AND building meter, but h-moves will have their benefits in terms of say 20-30% faster meter gain. As for how strong the supers are, I don't think they should be match-winners or anything, but still significant. The simple route would be making them simply more difficult to escape - say perhaps 50% or so, which means a submission super would get 6 or so ticks of damage on a moderately tired opponent as opposed to 3-4. A more flashy/impactful option, for h-supers at least, would be to make them the exact same as normal h-moves, however replace the 'release' command during them with 'bring to orgasm', which does a chunk of damage similar to a throw. In Amber's case she could have a super throw, which is either a stronger throw, or more interesting would be a throw that transitions into an h-move or submission - for example, imagine if after her powerbomb she held them down in that position for an h-move similar to sapphire's grounded up-W, something like that.

Again, I don't expect to see this issue tackled anytime soon, and I'm sure the state of the game will change a lot in the future which could make this idea null and void, so please take it with a pinch of salt. I just mean this to be an example of a realistic possible solution to the h/submission balance issue which wouldn't have a strong effect on the current flow of the game.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I noticed there's a bug where orgasms don't seem to occur when you win the match with an H-move as long as Amber is involved - you just drop them as if you won with a submission move. It doesn't matter if Amber is the one using an H-move, or having one used upon her - orgasm seems to not trigger.

Also noticed something that -might- not be intentional - I noticed you made sure that grabbing without two Q's beforehand is enabled while an opponent is down, and disabled the instant they use either a roll or wake-up attack. This disabling is not, however, extended to when they stand up naturally after time - meaning you can start a grab while they're standing up and they have to roll or get grabbed. I don't think it's all that big a deal, but seeing as how you disabled this ability upon wakeup and roll I figured it might be against what you wanted.

Finally, it seems you significantly nerfed H-moves damage, yet buffed the per-tick damage of submissions? I know the submission/H balance is a difficult topic, but now it's at the point where you can have a pretty major advantage over AI simply because they occasionally 'waste' their time with H-moves whereas you don't have to if you want to win. I know addressing this issue is likely to be low on your to-do list and grapple reworks are still in the planning stage and all that though, so I'm just going to throw out my ideas on what I think would work based on the current state of the game.

I think you're right when you said H-moves are likely to be used over submissions as long as they fulfill the same purpose and are differentiated only by numbers - which means the core problem is that they do the exact same thing. Solving that is difficult though, as currently health and stamina are the only two resources they can interact with, and H-moves reducing stamina wouldn't really make sense. I know I've brought it up before, but personally I think the best approach is going back to the idea of a third resource, such as a super bar.

As for my ideas on meter now that I've thought on it more and followed this game's progress for a bit - I think the idea of using it for a reversal is unnecessary, as snowball is kind of in the past at this point. I think keeping it simple would be fine - meter is built during all holds to a degree. Submissions do more damage and wear out the opponent faster, H-moves do a lot less damage but build meter slightly faster. As far as what meter is used for, I actually think keeping it minimalistic would be best and only having one super per character. This plays to what you said in how players will generally choose h-moves if submissions/h are equally useful - which means if players have a bar of meter and both the h-move and submission do damage, players will tend towards just using the h-move, in which case you might as well save yourself the animation work. Regular h-moves/submissions will still have their balance however, in that submissions are more number-efficient in terms of doing lots of damage AND building meter, but h-moves will have their benefits in terms of say 20-30% faster meter gain. As for how strong the supers are, I don't think they should be match-winners or anything, but still significant. The simple route would be making them simply more difficult to escape - say perhaps 50% or so, which means a submission super would get 6 or so ticks of damage on a moderately tired opponent as opposed to 3-4. A more flashy/impactful option, for h-supers at least, would be to make them the exact same as normal h-moves, however replace the 'release' command during them with 'bring to orgasm', which does a chunk of damage similar to a throw. In Amber's case she could have a super throw, which is either a stronger throw, or more interesting would be a throw that transitions into an h-move or submission - for example, imagine if after her powerbomb she held them down in that position for an h-move similar to sapphire's grounded up-W, something like that.

Again, I don't expect to see this issue tackled anytime soon, and I'm sure the state of the game will change a lot in the future which could make this idea null and void, so please take it with a pinch of salt. I just mean this to be an example of a realistic possible solution to the h/submission balance issue which wouldn't have a strong effect on the current flow of the game.
Good catch! Those 2 bugs you mentioned, grab and orgasms are fixed.

H-move damage is changed to be similar to submission damage as a temporary patch. The duration on holds nerf threw the H-move damage out of wack.

Regarding supers, I am going to assume you meant the supers are activated a similar fashion to Rumble Roses.

I think the underlying issue is that H-moves and submissions are too similar mechanically and only attacking the red bar. In a regular game, the easy thing would be to drop one of them. I dont think your suggestion creates a meaningful difference between them and that one or the other will be the dominant option I feel.

But it might be interesting to do it in reverse. Let the super meter build over time/other criteria and let H-move drop the opponent's super meter but does weaker damage to red bar.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How about this:
-Make normal attacks not break clothing OR very slowley.
-Submission moves do moderate damage BUT also do clothing damage.
-H moves do less damage than submission moves BUT do more(than submission) damage if the corosponding clothing item is damaged/broken.

This allows for a progressive and rewarding battle without making it complicated.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling-high performance build, Oc

Released a high performance version for those that need it :)

Also fixed more bugs + made the lower difficulty AIs easier.

Zashs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling-high performance build, Oc

made the lower difficulty AIs easier.
Feels like you did the complete opposite.
I only played a few matches but 2 never let up even for a second.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Personally I'm just afk until Futanari shows up. If never, well its alright.

xzerogx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

When they're on the mat and injured and you try to grab them it says not available right now. I assume the injured state counts them as standing.

If you wanted things to be different you could make it so the h-moves are only usable after you win.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Feels like you did the complete opposite.
I only played a few matches but 2 never let up even for a second.
The AI got alot better in v0.13 and it seems I didnt nerf the lower lvl AIs enough. Will do more nerfs.

Personally I'm just afk until Futanari shows up. If never, well its alright.
It would be much more helpful if you could communicate the reason behind it. If not, its alright too.

When they're on the mat and injured and you try to grab them it says not available right now. I assume the injured state counts them as standing.

If you wanted things to be different you could make it so the h-moves are only usable after you win.
Good catch. Fixed now. Different match modes will be in the future, including H-only of course.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It would be much more helpful if you could communicate the reason behind it. If not, its alright too.
No problem.

Yuri sex doesn't make me pop a boner. Unless said lesbains is using a strap on. From there, it depends on whether I like the lesbains in question.

While futanari x girl let me enjoy the best of two worlds in one.

Personally I just find hand rubbing the vagina pretty boring. And since I don't play this game for the yuri sex, Its just another wrestling game with uncensored clothing destruction for me and I already have plenty of wrestling games to play like Rumble Roses, rumble roses XX, and WWF games.

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm another serious futanari fan, and I'd like to add another caveat. There are now 3 girls. The game does as well as it can to differentiate them and make them unique. However, their erotic grapples are almost by necessity very similar. Each new girl adds value to the game, but until there's something significantly different (futanari, witches, males, etc) there will be diminishing returns on player enthusiasm.

That being said, I'm not ignorant of the likelihood that adding futanari will probably be almost as much work as all 3 previous characters combined. So I look forward to it, but I'm not going to be impatient.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm another serious futanari fan, and I'd like to add another caveat. There are now 3 girls. The game does as well as it can to differentiate them and make them unique. However, their erotic grapples are almost by necessity very similar. Each new girl adds value to the game, but until there's something significantly different (futanari, witches, males, etc) there will be diminishing returns on player enthusiasm.

That being said, I'm not ignorant of the likelihood that adding futanari will probably be almost as much work as all 3 previous characters combined. So I look forward to it, but I'm not going to be impatient.
Just want to make sure the problem is not with game mechanics, ie, controls, camera or difficulty.

If you have been following chat, you will see that the game will be moving away from pure H-wrestling and into higher fantasy level. ;)

Also released v0.132 that nerfs the low lvl AIs further + "watch" is unlocked at difficulty 3 now.