What's new

ACT Ryona [Hinayua]Alice in Cradle

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
What bossand where? Do you mean the big ass tentacle vore slime?

Usokitsuki

Reputation score
Trial v009e should be dropping on fantia today at some unspecified point in time. Hinaya was planning to release it on 16th, but seems to be running somewhat late.

On the other note, am I even supposed to be able to make this jump? I mean, I can collect the coins just fine, but cannot for the life of mine get on top of the wooden thingie. Hover jump is entirely useless in this version. This is supposed to be a way into the dark blue portion of the map, but unless there's some trick to it, its inaccessible. 1.png 2.png

Reputation score
You can make that jump without even running if you use the hover. It's super easy though if you just run and jump.

1602893434319.png

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
V009 is a new demo or just now in fantia? And yeah lol that jump is easy af

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Man, this has been great so far.

I'm definitely dropping the cash for it when it releases, and maybe a little during production if I really like what I see later down the line.

Kamiko

Lurker
Reputation score
It depends on the framerate the demo is running at. Your running speed is based on the current fps, but gravity is applied consistently regardless of fps.
So if you have a high framerate, you'll be running in fast-forward and have floaty jumps.
If you have a slow framerate, you'll be running in slow motion and drop like a rock when you try to jump.

Usokitsuki

Reputation score
It depends on the framerate the demo is running at. Your running speed is based on the current fps, but gravity is applied consistently regardless of fps.
So if you have a high framerate, you'll be running in fast-forward and have floaty jumps.
If you have a slow framerate, you'll be running in slow motion and drop like a rock when you try to jump.
That definitely seems to be the case. Not quite sure if this is intentional or not (doesn't quite make sense to me if it is), and whether this can be alleviated on the technical level.

Usokitsuki

Reputation score
v009e is up now:
Mostly bugfixes, along with some minor improvements to egg laying and slimes being able to pull you out of worm walls now.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I have slow framerate but she doesnt drop fast.
and yes this is definitely worth throwing out cash for if it includes some humanoid males

maliman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think game speed might indeed be the issue. Any hints as to which of the setting are for quality and might improve that? I can't read the moonrunes.

Reputation score
Display Mode (Windowed/Full Screen)
Language
Display Sensitive Content
Sound Effect Volume
Voice Volume
BGM Volume
Draw Interval: (Every Frame/Every 2 Frames/Every 3 Frames/Every 4 Frames)
Effect Drawing: (Every Frame/2 Frames/3 Frames/4 Frames)
Game Effect Amount: It's a percentage bar.
UI Effect Amount: It's a percentage bar
UI Effect Time: It's a percentage bar
UI Corruption: (0/1/2/3/4) This measures how messed up Noel's standing sprite will get during gameplay. Set 0 and she won't change much at all.
Autosave Behavior (Off/At Benches/At Story Steps/Both)
Magic Slow Behavior (Don't?/Normal Speed/Half Speed/One Third Speed/One Fourth Speed) (I haven't tested it, but I believe this only effects time while you are picking your spell. So turning it to "off" means the selection menu won't appear.)

Unfortunately nothing much that will help with quality that I can see.

Also, v009f is up now for some other small bugfixes (though he doesn't mention what those fixes are).

EDIT: I lied, the newer version has a lot more options. Added them to the list.

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If you lower your resolution you can improve your fps. Applicable to 99% of games. (Your pc screen resolution as a whole, i mean.). Some games limit force you to a minimum off 800x600.
Needless to say, it may look like shit. Or it may not, i mean my standards are pretty low, test it for yourself. I am happy as long as letters don't get unrecognizable. And it's not gamebreaking. Which rarely is, but test, lower little by little.

But that's what we potato users have to endure because indie devs of 2d psx-era like grapics games don't like to optimise their stuff so it ends demanding more than some up-to-gen steam games that properly are.

Oh, and the map? Forget it lol

Anyways, anything new, or just bugfixes?

Reputation score
The only new thing I see in the change log is that the standing sprite on the left side should change more than it used to. I haven't played to figure out how much it changes though.

So the dev for this game made it super easy to access the text for the game. And he even included a line in the files asking for someone who can write in English to do the rest of the stuff he didn't include. So I may have done a thing.
1603002010571.png

I'll share the translation file and how to apply it once I've finished enough for it to be worth sharing.

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
man, i envy your japanese proficiency, you seem to know your stuff pretty good

Wait one second....hmmm...those draw and effect options....they might be key to fps, if we lower them to death.
We'll see

Edit: just so i'm clear, lowering the intervals means setting more frames. I.e. 4 should have better fps/performance than 1. I think.

Eh but do not get your hopes up i noticed the fps decrease to be general and even while idle, and only worsening in the new area with cardboard people

Edit 2: wow just saw your edit. Damn son! You da man

Last edited:
Reputation score
Okay, this is as much as I'm going to do tonight.

Go to Game Folder > AliceInCradle_v009f_Data > StreamingAssets

Overwrite _tx_config_en.txt with the file attached to this post. Open the game, go to the settings menu (should be third option on the main menu?), change the language to English, hit "Submit" at the bottom (left button), and you're done!

This only translates the Settings menu. I think I got everything, but if you notice something I've missed, feel free to let me know and I'll add to it. If this gets any more involved I'll make a thread in the translation forum, but for now I think the game is early enough in development that that might be a bit premature.

EDIT: The game has been officially updated to include an English Mode, so if you download the latest version of the demo, you don't need this anymore

Attachments

Last edited: