What's new

Hive Number One

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Hive Number One

The mess of combat was not helping along Shrike's headache, and being in the open lost her any chance of picking her fights. She tried to stay close to Grave, but he quickly outdistanced her. Surrounded and unable to fight as well as normal, she took several glancing shots from the bots, but nothing serious. A warning screamed in the back of her head just as a gout of flames erupted a short distance off to her side, and she dove out of its radius just barely escaping in time. She looked across the scorched area and saw Siphon near the exit to the hive ship, with something flying above him. She waved over to him as she walked over. "Well there you are, picked up someone new i see?" She asks, sticking a thumb at the figure in the air, who she is now close enough to point out as female. "Where'd you find her?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave was far enough to avoid getting caught in the hellfire, but he couldn't help but notice the newcomer. "Not bad... You've found some backup, eh?" The warrior focused on making his way towards Siphon and the rest of the team, mutilating bots that stood in front of him. The warrior's teammates could propably follow Grave's passage by watching the fountains of scrap tossed into the air by furious slashes.

Pale

Reputation score

Pale drops back to Earth, gasping for breath. A large-scale HellFire like that tended to be rather.. draining. Luckily for her, Siphon's fire destroyed the bots she would have landed among, so instead, she crushed only parts and limbs beneath her feet. A look of gratitude, simple in itself, was thrown to Siphon, before she forces herself to her feet once again.

"Pale. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'd kiss your hand, on bended knee, but.. we have other concerns."

Even as she spoke, the mage was formulating another shape. A slightly simple one, this time. Less finesse. With a smirk, she snaps her fingers, then calls out.

"Jump!"

With that, she swings her hand like a hammer,striking at the empty air.. and her magic mirrors it. The ground shatters, and cracks at the point of impact, some forty feet from her, right in the midst of a group of bots, and the resulting quake could dash anyone still standing on the ground from their feet. Even Pale herself tumbles to the dirt.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave wasn't ready for Pale's attack, and nearly landed on his own sword. However, he quickly managed to get back on his feet and resume his assault. The warrior's building rage was now audible - apparently Grave knew a lot of interesting words. "#%$^#^&%$! Next time, A BETTER WARNING!"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon hadn't hesitated when she said jump, though he had in fact sprinted forward three steps before doing so, twisting his body in mid air. "I'm hungry again, pardon the sight!"

Right after her quake knocked the bots on their asses, he landed next to one, slamming his hand down onto the chest, beginning to feed with one hand while shooting bots with the other. It was not a pretty sight watching the bot wither away like that. "Oh yeah, Siphon's the name, good to meet ya Pale."

Pale

Reputation score

With a groan, and something muttered under her breath that sounded suspiciously like a curse, Pale makes her way to her feet, a wingbeat assisting her somewhat shaky legs. Grey eyes survey Siphon's latest trick.

"Oh. Nice. Been some time since I've seen that particular one. But, uh.. if you're done with lunch... Are we leaving, or are we leaving?"

A very simple construct this time, a shield. A translucent bubble expands from Pale, passing through Siphon, and Shrike with an odd cold shiver, before solidifying, keeping enemies neatly at bay. Pale didn't seem to notice that the warrior with the large sword was still outside her HardShield, though.

"Well?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes, let us leave, though you may wish to let Grave through whatever it is your using to hold back the bots. And what the hell do...."

He trailed off as it occurred to him. "How much about that other Wraith do you know?"

Pale

Reputation score

"Let Grave... through..? Oh! Him! Right, whatever. Just a temporary measure, anyway."

Saying this, she keeps the shield up. Her eyes darken a little at the mention of her captor.

"If it is who I think it is.. I know very little. Just about enough to know that I'd -love- to get my hands on him. Close and intimate-like."

A bipolar switch, to a sudden grin, and a clap of the hands, with which, the shield vanishes.

"Well, let's be on our way, then!"

((She'll follow along for a few.. heading to bed here <3.))

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Well... Burrito's exit made things easy. Though, the bots didn't. Time to get out, Tsuki guessed.

She started towards the long corridor, before she swung her weaponized arm forward and rockets initiated. The arm glowed with a flow shield, bowling over/partially vaporizing whatever bots too stupid or too slow to move out of her way. Before long, she was back outside. The rockets cut out, but high momentum still caused Tsuki to slide along the ground a few meters.

"Oooo, more bots. Hey peoples... who's the new person that I don't know?" she asked, seeing the large shield. She dismissed her arm weapon, before bringing up her own shield, consisting of a green wire mesh. A small fire wall around herself.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Burrito was trying with all his might to get his radio to work, he witnessed the battle "DAMMIT CONTROL, COME THE HELL IN!" he yells over the radio, nothing but static "Okay girls and gentlemen. Looks like we're thoroughly fucked. I can't raise control on the radio, and without them, I can't call in the chopper." he says, growling as he grasps his blade and unsheathes it, dashing like a freight train through the bots, not even bothering to cut them as he simply plows through them in a rage "You bastards will all die!" he yells, knocking a bot over and then jumping in the air and landing with a stomp to the bot's face "Eat dirt" he says, spitting to the side and grasping a bot by the face with his left hand, crushing it's skull quickly "I'm not in the fucking mood." he says angrily, slicing a nearby bot "Siphon. I'll handle the bots. You try and raise control. Think my long distance radio got damaged earlier."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon tried his own radio, but got the same result as Burrito. "Either BOTH of ours got damaged in the battles or something is jamming us. We may need to head for higher ground, besides, the chopper could never land with this many bots milling about."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((Siphon is correct. I ain't sticking around in there. Assume I'm helping to stomp bot ass. I don't feel like retro-posting any fighting today.))

"You want the chopper, you got it. You guys just make sure that there's a place to land by the time I get back, you hear!?" Copper drops down, sweeping the legs of the bot she's fighting with and slams one of her blades into its chest, shattering the control panel. While still in the crouch, she twists up into a runner's start and sprints off, ignoring any shots that the bots take at her, shrugging them off to start and then by virtue of the fact that they simply aren't firing fast enough to hit her, having turned into a blur of black that streaks away from the hive. All the while she runs, she's on the comm, just letting her legs take her, since she can't get winded. "Control, come in. Control, do you copy? This is Doomsquad. Do. You. Copy? We need an extraction NOW! For the time being, she keeps going until she gets an answer or reaches the city, whichever comes first...

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Ok, I guess I will work with this then.))

Copper had made it about a quarter of the way to the city when a voice finally broke through the static. "This is control, go ahead Doomsquad."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Burrito continues fighting, his right hand still grasping his blade as he both slices and beats the tar out of any bots that get near enough "Get a move on! We need to head to high ground and clear a path like Siphon said." Burrito says, a bot firing at him and hitting him square in the right shoulder "Sucks to be you." he says, grasping for his shotgun and turning to fire at the bot, shutting it down with his viral bullets "Sonuva bitch, how many of these bastards are there?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike hangs back, barely able to focus enough to make a blade to defend herself with. That other creature's mental attack did more damage then she thought, and between that and everything else that had happenned today she was beginning to feel the strain. She stayed as close to the center of the group, head down and eyes closed, deflecting any stray shots that came her way.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon hung back slightly, noticing Shrike's seeming weakened movements. Once he was close enough he said aloud to her, "Shrike, are you alright?"

In the meantime the M249 was working overtime, shredding bots left and right, a steady stream of bullets firing from a seemingly endless clip.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, just wearing down, that bastard took more outta me than I thought. Once we get outta here and I get some rest, you show me how to set up some proper defences, alright?" She says, the fact that she is still deflecting bullets with her eyes closed proving she can still take care of herself. "We might want to hurry, I feel relief coming from Copper, I think she found our ride. Not sure if you knew that already,the only reason I can sense that far is cause there's a few litres of 'me' there as well." Shrike chuckles at this last statement, then continues . "Go on, just keep me out of mass combat and I'll be fine."

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He shakes his head. "Yes, I can, though why I can still sense her despite the distance and not the other Wraith is a mystery to me. I can only assume that inter-species contact is easier than connecting with one similar to myself."

This time he nods, satisfied that for now she'll be alright. "I think I can give us a bit of a running head start."

This time it's a whisper, but the word is definitely audible to Shrike because of their proximity to each other. "Drones."

Again, yellow lights come pouring out of the sky, taking out a large chunk of enemy lines, forcing the bots smart enough to realize they might be fucked to scatter in a vain attempt to get out of range. Still, despite the sheer number of drones, a decent amount of bots were left standing. He shook his head several times after that and muttered, "oh, I may have overdone the drone control amount there just a tad."

For a moment he swayed in place, then suddenly straightened and seemed fine, but it was clear that whatever he had done had taken more out of him than he wanted to admit. Probably not enough to make him vulnerable just yet, but enough it would catch up to him later on.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"About damn time," she mutters. "What the hell part of 'we need an extraction' needs repeating?" she growls into the radio. "We can't make it back to the original coordinates. We need a ride for six to pick us up a lot closer to the Hive. They're clearing the air, but you'd better expect some hostile resistance coming in. Over."

Pale

Reputation score

Pale had effectively been keeping her head down. Not wanting to risk another large, flashy, area-of-effect attack, she'd been sticking with the occasional, close-range fireball to ward off any bots that got close.

Grey eyes did pick up Shrike's exhaustion, though, and made a mental note to help her out a little.. as soon as they got somewhere safe. The decision was made.

"Siphon! I can clear a path, if we're ready to run..."