What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyhart

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

But what if your favorite is the hunters, or the uh... purple guy outside the cockroach warehouse? Just look at the last like 10 pages of this thread, which have been filled with people saying "wait how do I get to this place again"

Ahh damn. I did not take that into consideration at all. Yeah I think people are STILL asking about the purple guy.

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is this the latest build for HOTB?

20150406版

Hakor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

yes... hes taking his sweet time in releasing the updates^^

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hopefully that means more than "added X location with Y enemy" like it's been for that past umpteen updates. I'm really hoping for a continuation of the story or some reason to actually grind levels and money to make the grind actually worthwhile.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Hopefully that means more than "added X location with Y enemy" like it's been for that past umpteen updates. I'm really hoping for a continuation of the story or some reason to actually grind levels and money to make the grind actually worthwhile.
It's actually kind of strange to me that he's chosen this format. The only area that hasn't been flat so far is the simulation.

I wonder what he would be capable of if he made full levels. This way is fine for H-content, but because the areas are basic, the game being fun depends entirely on how much content there is.

Pwishmonger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, outside of just throwing the save files out there, I can't really help you. I don't remember the sequence to activate it.

View attachment 19538

Unpack it and replace your save folder with that. Open up the game and load up save #18. It should load you in Ishukun district...and the tunnels should be there. Assuming you don't have the translation, it's the third selection from the bottom.
I loaded up your save #18 and loaded in Ishukun district as mentioned but the tunnel option isn't there. :(

Did the creator by any chance take out the cockroach level from his latest ver? I'm really starting to think so - every troubleshoot I've tried in this thread doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using the 2015 ver of the game. D:

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I loaded up your save #18 and loaded in Ishukun district as mentioned but the tunnel option isn't there. :(

Did the creator by any chance take out the cockroach level from his latest ver? I'm really starting to think so - every troubleshoot I've tried in this thread doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using the 2015 ver of the game. D:
I've got the 20150406 version and it loads up the stage just fine for me.:confused:

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

on a website such as this

o im laffin, i hope the neckbeard weebs dont get mad at me :D
Listen man. If you are here to pick a fight, yer barking up the wrong tree. We are here to discuss the game, not argue. Want to argue? Visit a chan board, cause all you'll get here is an eventual ban.

Now please, either discuss your thoughts on the game or lurk.

textbook703

Reputation score

on a website such as this

o im laffin, i hope the neckbeard weebs dont get mad at me :D
Alright, I'll bite. I'll give you some attention.

You'll probably figure a lot of this out when you become an adult (because it is clear that you are maybe, maybe 14 years old), but let me give you a head start on some things.

1. Getting people to dislike you isn't hard. Yeah, if you make a bunch of retarded and clearly uneducated remarks, people will dislike you. Myth busted. Nobody is impressed when people accomplish this great feat -- even if they are super cool and rebellious and totally don't even, like, care that they are a loser.

2. If you are trying to convince people that you don't value their perspectives, you generally don't want to take the time to log onto your account, check the thread, and write out a response just to tell them that. By responding, you undo the whole "independent" image you are so concerned with cultivating.

3. No one gives a shit that you don't give a shit that they dislike you. They still dislike you, and it's because you're an idiot.

4. You know what actually IS impressive? Getting people to like you. Being an interesting person. Being funny, or contributing to the discussion by providing thoughtful commentary. Shoot for these goals instead of whatever it is you're trying to do now.

It's actually kind of strange to me that he's chosen this format. The only area that hasn't been flat so far is the simulation.

I wonder what he would be capable of if he made full levels. This way is fine for H-content, but because the areas are basic, the game being fun depends entirely on how much content there is.
What do you mean by "flat", here? Just a simple environment + some number of enemies (aka a "kill quest")?

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What do you mean by "flat", here?
Pretty sure it's quite literal given the context he provided. Flat in the sense that there is no terrain on the Y axis and only the tester stage has the little ramp rather than being a flat floor.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pretty sure it's quite literal given the context he provided. Flat in the sense that there is no terrain on the Y axis and only the tester stage has the little ramp rather than being a flat floor.
Ya. He was able to have terrain height for the tester level. So it should definitely be possible.

I'm imagining some level where you run around different floors of a building.

Iyanden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Out of all the games I've played while lurking these forums this game is my favourite and has been since it started getting translated.

If we're going to talk about what we'd like to see in the game then I would really like to start seeing story branches/consequences. There's a hint of this where if you lose in the dojo and then go to the bar, you can choose to submit rather than fight - but this has no real consequences except to halt progression until you do choose to fight.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ya. He was able to have terrain height for the tester level. So it should definitely be possible.

I'm imagining some level where you run around different floors of a building.
It's kinda strange how sewers, back alleys, landfills, abandoned warehouses, and forests all have floors as flat as a parking lot yet virtual reality somehow has more depth than the actual real-life areas. In a video game.

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's kinda strange how sewers, back alleys, landfills, abandoned warehouses, and forests all have floors as flat as a parking lot yet virtual reality somehow has more depth than the actual real-life areas. In a video game.
Agreed. A shame the virtual reality has the least interesting enemies.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I think it's mostly due to the enormous lack of depth in enemy AI. He either doesn't understand how to properly implement terrain negotiation or he just doesn't care that much. The VR enemies don't do anything more than walk up the incline.

Doesn't really bother me much.

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I think it's mostly due to the enormous lack of depth in enemy AI. He either doesn't understand how to properly implement terrain negotiation or he just doesn't care that much. The VR enemies don't do anything more than walk up the incline.

Id prefer a nice variation of enemies over more complex AI. So the status quo is not the end of the world. The current gameplay may be simple but i'm not playing this for the gameplay.

Sigfried

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I guess his main focus is making the 3D models and their animations.

textbook703

Reputation score

Oh. I was thinking depth and game design and stuff.

Humorously, it actually kinda works from both perspectives.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good AI is hard to program. Whenever you think you've done it well, the user does something that the AI doesn't know how to handle. Of course, it also depends on the complexity of the game. I.e. AI for hearts is easier to implement and takes less time to calculate for than Chess.

Status
Not open for further replies.