What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Okay, I'm caught up. All who have sent messages and 12Ton and Wolf have links ready. Once again, no requests in thread...message them. Please try downloading from the HotB site first...but if it isn't working, then I'll help you out.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

The second download link is a patch file to go from the previous version (may) to the current

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The second download link is a patch file to go from the previous version (may) to the current
Is the may version labeled 20150406 (the mega link on the first page of the thread)? If so I got the second link downloaded fine and won't need to bother anyone with a PM request. May be a good solution for everyone else.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It won't even LET ME START the download :mad:

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Far as I can tell my connection is not the problem. I have a 50k Connec here, but one of the nodes between me and the server has to be a smashed up etch-a-scetch or something.
Anyhow, thank you for uploading Vinceras, whoever wants the link can drop me a PM and ill forward it.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i got it finally and got up to the new enemy. Did anyone see more than just the one bite or rape? The sprite folder has two of each listed. I wonder if the second one is just the second time it goes on you but it looks the same :confused:

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i got it finally and got up to the new enemy. Did anyone see more than just the one bite or rape? The sprite folder has two of each listed. I wonder if the second one is just the second time it goes on you but it looks the same :confused:
(Haven't played it yet)

Usually there are more animations once your health reaches 0 and you are crawling. Check if that is it

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Only noticed three things...the bite, the charge and the uhh...doggy..piggy style? That and the give up scene...which was also doggy style and really short.

I hate judging from what might be an unfinished enemy...but extremely disappointed with the lack of depth with this update.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Far as I can tell my connection is not the problem. I have a 50k Connec here, but one of the nodes between me and the server has to be a smashed up etch-a-scetch or something.
Anyhow, thank you for uploading Vinceras, whoever wants the link can drop me a PM and ill forward it.
But remember to TRY to download it from the author's site first. Yeah, it's slower, but it helps him out and supports the game you want to play so badly that you will go out of your way to make the download take 30 min instead of 4 hours.

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

See the post above. I tried multiple times. He got the clicks from it, rest assured. But when I see 15 hours to go, and barely 100 megs after I cranked out 2000 words on a paper, I get sad.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So in summation:

To see the new animations:
1. Go to Hunter Office
2. Talk to Fio
3. Go to Daigo Woodland
3a. Get this error message, endure annoying double-song
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object CommonBattleStart_obj:

Trying to execute non-existing file.
4. Kill all the orcs
5. You'll be back in the Lailaps; go to Daigo Woodland again.

New animations:
1. Boar - Bite: will be used if you're in melee range
2. Boar - Sweet, sweet doggystyle: will be used if you're grounded

Yeah, this update is almost literally just a new enemy plopped into a pre-existing map. Sorta lame. I love the animation itself, though. I doubt he will, but god I'd be all over that animation if it used cum inflation.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, this update is almost literally just a new enemy plopped into a pre-existing map. Sorta lame. I love the animation itself, though. I doubt he will, but god I'd be all over that animation if it used cum inflation.
Seems like there's a little bit of stretch during, but not at the final pop. Waste of an opportunity.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah I'm really hoping that he will add more to this enemy now that we finally have a beast-type. I want it to be like the dogs from nanocrisis, it looked like he was starting that with it going a second time. I doubt he will go back to it though, he hasn't gone back to previous enemies to fix little issues. Its a shame, I was really excited for this enemy. I can still hope though and its nice to see he isnt dead.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So in summation:

To see the new animations:
1. Go to Hunter Office
2. Talk to Fio
3. Go to Daigo Woodland
3a. Get this error message, endure annoying double-song
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object CommonBattleStart_obj:

Trying to execute non-existing file.
4. Kill all the orcs
5. You'll be back in the Lailaps; go to Daigo Woodland again.
It glitched a bit for me too, but in a different way. First time, I re-entered the stage immediately after defeating the "orgs" and got an infinite loading screen. Started it back up later and I saved after beating the orgs instead of immediately re-entering and it loaded fine.

I love the animation itself, though. I doubt he will, but god I'd be all over that animation if it used cum inflation.
This would indeed be awesome. (I was already planning at least one cum inflation scene for my own game) More quadruped beasts would be too.

if anyone wants to investigate the new stuff. I'll rip it and upload the new animations myself when I have time later today.
Why would you need a sprite ripper? You can open them (gmspr that is) with the free/"light" version of Game Maker last I checked.

Mundane Girl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Compared all of the game assets to the previous version, literally the only difference is the new enemy. A bite attack, two variations of the same sex animation, and an uninteresting game over. Pretty lame.

Here's a 3.4 MB download of ripped sprites, to save you the 1GB one:

Why would you need a sprite ripper?
In the event you don't want to download an entire game-making suite to see some pictures, or I dunno, maybe share them in a portable format.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh, God! 1.GB?! My PC (and bandwidth) ain't strong enough for something this huge!

Ugh, looks like I'll be missing out on that boar action. :(

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I feel like this is the point where he should implement having a core build of the game that maintains most of the size, and then add further updates with much smaller size, piece by piece.

...Especially if he's going to keep using axfc...

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Wholly agree. Apparently he has that...I didn't see anything though.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes and it also would be nice to not have to play the whole game over and over every update.
It glitched a bit for me too, but in a different way. First time, I re-entered the stage immediately after defeating the "orgs" and got an infinite loading screen. Started it back up later and I saved after beating the orgs instead of immediately re-entering and it loaded fine.
same thing happened to me.

Eden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes and it also would be nice to not have to play the whole game over and over every update.
Just copy your saves over from previous builds. Works for me every time without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.