What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Does anyone have a save just before the stage you need to enter to find the flies? I have a hard time navigating through the japanese menus
here's how i did it.

1) get the last translated version of the game.
2) play through that and get a feel for what buttons do what in the menues
3) as soon as you have beaten the Rat level, save and quit
4) copy the file labeled "Save" from the old version into the new version
5) start it up, by now, you should know what buttons do what in the menu and should be able to navigate them easily
6) talk to the shop owner, he will give you the mission
7) start the mission (by this time, you will know how to do it)

ReinhartX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Nothing that we noticed. I think that's it for this. There were a few more places added (like a mansion) but you can't do anything in there yet.

A correction: not lay "eggs" but birth of larvas
birth of larvas....get the larvas to penetrate you...get birth of flies!!

but yeah to be honest i think the update was disappointing for 4 months worth it wait and with regards to the post about another char getting raped by a cockroach thingy ....i was expecting much more content than just flies

was never a fan of flies anyway but it looks good somewhat still, was hoping that there would be a stage or training with the sword dojo guy and he would screw u if u lose =p

then again guess and update is better than no update, but imma still stick fighting with the zombies since it turns me on more

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I for one, am very excited. We'll probably see some other enemies from the other game, like the dogs, since he's already got the DAZ characters. I really want him to explore some level designs. He's started to branch out since nano, but I want platforms and traps. It would make the enemies more fun.

It may be the same enemy, but he had to redo all the work. I've not played it yet, but don't discount this update. It gives me hope that he will finish this game. It shows hes not just playing around anymore and wants to make a solid product.

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If this update is anything like the last series of updates, that fly stage is going to be extended. I think there will be even bigger bugs. I like bugs and lizards, ...so

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

hes already teased me with some images with bulging so im mostly hoping/waiting on him to add some enemies which would actually do that, like uh some bosses perhaps, dragons, unicorns and stuff.

as for the update i found it quite nice and regarding the whine about update pace, didnt he just a while back say that he got some new job which made his work trips a lot longer hence shortening his free time by quite a bit.

as much as i would want to see him add like a new enemy/map animations and all that crap every week, its still a thing he does as his hobby.

well up until i win on the lottery and shove a mil in his hand and ask him to work on the game fulltime and tell him to hire any help he needs. :eek:

edit// hell wouldnt even mind if he recreated the dog stage with the demon dog scene from mahou shoujo elena ep1 :p dat would be godly

Last edited:

GreatOni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The game is crashing on windows 8...
I've tried changing the BGsomething ini-entry (as suggested in the readme), but it didnt help. As soon as the title screen should come, the game crashes.

Has anyone ideas how to fix this?

Reputation score

The game is crashing on windows 8...
I've tried changing the BGsomething ini-entry (as suggested in the readme), but it didnt help. As soon as the title screen should come, the game crashes.

Has anyone ideas how to fix this?
1) go to computer shop
2) buy copy of Windows Vista
3) install into computer
4) try again.

sorry mate, Windows 8 is shite.

on a side note, Wessex, can you tell me how you translate the game? i'd like to have a go at translating another game.

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

on a side note, Wessex, can you tell me how you translate the game? i'd like to have a go at translating another game.
With a lot of work. :p

Seriously translating the dialogs is not so hard even if you don't know any Japanese. Translator programs for the win. Of course that only works if the dialogs are saved in a different file what you can open with text editor. Pictures are a bit harder but after reformatting them into bmp and cleaning up the characters in ps there is a net page on the net what can recognize most Japanese characters.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

1) go to computer shop
2) buy copy of Windows Vista
3) install into computer
4) try again.

sorry mate, Windows 8 is shite.

says 8 is shite

suggests vista...

Reputation score

says 8 is shite

suggests vista...
question then, why am i having so much, constant trouble with Windows 7 after having it for 7 months, when i had Windows Vista for 5 years with no problems whatsoever...? well... none pretaining to Vista, my old laptop was a Fujitsu that was probably made by shoeless children in China, held together using sticky-tape and butterfly clips, i had a fuckton of hardware problems with it, but i never had any software problems, suddenly, a wild Windows 7 appears, Windows Movie Maker no longer lets you play music over video, Paint i keep having to trick into letting me do stuff, and an all-round annoying layout.

With a lot of work. :p

Seriously translating the dialogs is not so hard even if you don't know any Japanese. Translator programs for the win. Of course that only works if the dialogs are saved in a different file what you can open with text editor. Pictures are a bit harder but after reformatting them into bmp and cleaning up the characters in ps there is a net page on the net what can recognize most Japanese characters.
the game in question has all of it saved as Shockwave Flash files. but from what i can tell, the games text is saved in some way that plays the text over the video, without them being part of the same thing, like Annotations on Youtube, or the little box in the corner of HoB that tells you what she is saying whilst she's getting raped.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

The layout of Win7 can be changed to closely resemble Win2k (the last MS OS with a layout aimed for IT Professionals, instead of a fancy resource hogging paint jobs aimed at school kids and grandmas) in a matter of minutes.

In fact after installing all the drivers the second thing I did was mess about with the shell settings.

FYI: The first thing I did was exclaim "Where is my quicklaunch bar and why the fuck are the icons so big?"

marco122

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My only issue with the game at the moment is that their are really no actual endings. Just the cyborg chick saves her every time.

reculitan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

rögtön forditsd le magyarra :)

can you translate to hungary too? :)

GreatOni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't care what windows you think is the best, i want my programs to work on the "current" windows.

Its the authors fault if they don't.
If the author uses plugins that don't work on the current OS, he should change / update em ...

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

and thats where your wrong, the author doesnt have anything to do with the software, its up to the developers of the software to make the thing win8 compatible.

even though it isnt really his problem he is trying to make a workaround to make it work on win8.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Windows 8 is fast and works. /shrug

Anyway, there is a little note attached with the game files concerning windows 8:

Windows8だとゲームが強制終了してしまうという報告がありました。
調べてみると、どうにもBGMの再生に使っている「bGM_script」が原因のような気がします。
それを使わずにBGMを再生できるようにしましたので、Windows8で強制終了してしまう方は以下の方法を試してみてください。

config.iniファイルを開き、

bGNoff=0

となっているところを

bGNoff=1

に変更してください。
そうすれば、bGM_scriptを使わず、GameMakerのデフォルトのシステムを使ってBGMを再生するようになります。
Author is aware of Windows 8 compatibility and this seems like a fix? Anyone wanna translate it?

Edit: I tried to change it to bGNoff=1 in config file but still no dice. Hmm...

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

FYI: The first thing I did was exclaim "Where is my quicklaunch bar and why the fuck are the icons so big?"

i know that feel bro.

took me an embarrassingly long time to get it back to a reasonable layout to be honest

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't care what windows you think is the best, i want my programs to work on the "current" windows.
Just because Win8 is the "current" Windows, doesn't make it the "standard" Windows. Vista pretty much never got accepted as "standard" (nor did ME/2000, and by the time 95 started gaining acceptance 98 hit and was much better received).

Only time will tell how accepted Win8 is.. or how stubborn MS wants to be about it.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Just because Win8 is the "current" Windows, doesn't make it the "standard" Windows. Vista pretty much never got accepted as "standard" (nor did ME/2000, and by the time 95 started gaining acceptance 98 hit and was much better received).

Only time will tell how accepted Win8 is.. or how stubborn MS wants to be about it.
Not like it matters...there's no such thing as a "standard" windows since they keep popping a new one out every couple years. By the time they get the kinks worked out and get it really running well, they've released a new one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.