What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeInTheGrass

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Ah thanks man, safe to say it's gonna be awhile for an update, if at all huh? haha

P.S. my japanese classes couldn't come any sooner ha

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I hope it doesn't go the way of NanoCrisis
Or every other game he's done supposedly. Not really complaining...just disappointing to have such good material and just abandon it time and time again.

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Or every other game he's done supposedly. Not really complaining...just disappointing to have such good material and just abandon it time and time again.
yeaa... agreed. the 1st demo and the newest version had me hoping he was going to stick to this one... Will be a sad day the day he announces he'll give up on this one as well... there was so much potential :(

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

blog updated, pics with a new enemy Dragonfly and if i understood correctly from the google translate, he is planning an update for either march or april, which would include a map(stage select), a save system and assumingly reworked first stage+first stage game-over scene.

also saying that the "finished game" is quite far away nevertheless.

someone can correct me on that incase i granslated something way off. :eek:

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

blog updated, pics with a new enemy Dragonfly and if i understood correctly from the google translate, he is planning an update for either march or april, which would include a map(stage select), a save system and assumingly reworked first stage+first stage game-over scene.

also saying that the "finished game" is quite far away nevertheless.

someone can correct me on that incase i granslated something way off. :eek:
Probably right...didn't even check it though. He does excellent work but he works rather slowly so a few months away for a true update sounds about right and this could easily drag out to the end of the year for there to be 3 or 4 stages. I look forward to seeing what he can do though, like always.

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score

...this could easily drag out to the end of the year for there to be 3 or 4 stages.
Well, I'd call this optimistic, but let's not exaggerate too much.

Although I wouldn't complain one moment if this were to actually happen, if you know what I mean...

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Well, I'd call this optimistic, but let's not exaggerate too much.

Although I wouldn't complain one moment if this were to actually happen, if you know what I mean...
Don't see it as much of an exaggeration if he follows the tempo he's set so far. Last actual update he had was late December. Not going to have another update for another month or two for second stage. That's nearly 3-4 months between stages.

perfectlydunce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Looks like they're working on a dragonfly enemy, so the next stage seems to include oviposition. Nice.

D

Deleted member 18619

Have lots of suggestions for this game, but I didn't think there'd be a chance since they are just what i personally want :p

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Dragonflies?!
It's going to be the fly stage all over again! Damn them, flying all over the place while I'm trying to shoot them. ._.

muigordo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Dragonflies?!
It's going to be the fly stage all over again! Damn them, flying all over the place while I'm trying to shoot them. ._.
Look at the bright side, now you're stuck with a sword instead of a gun, GFL lol

coco008

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Look at the bright side, now you're stuck with a sword instead of a gun, GFL lol
yeah and i think he will give her a gun *That has limited ammo i hope* :cool: that would make things challenging and completely using Swords more :eek:

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I seriously doubt it will be like the flies in NanoCrisis. Just look at the size of those compared to the flies...they're huge. I doubt very seriously they'll be as tough to hit.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thats to bad. I actually liked the fly stage. It had a bit challenge in it and that made fun to play it.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

yeah and i think he will give her a gun *That has limited ammo i hope* :cool: that would make things challenging and completely using Swords more :eek:
You can already shoot small energy blasts, it just takes MP. I don't think he'd give her a gun.

perfectlydunce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thats to bad. I actually liked the fly stage. It had a bit challenge in it and that made fun to play it.
Max defense armor + Shotgun C = "lol faceroll." The fly stage was free points. The dog stage, on the other hand....

vinnyninny

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Unless im doing something wrong, the game just starts out with me in this empty area with only testers shooting at me. I cant go to the title screen either...is it supposed to be like this?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Unless im doing something wrong, the game just starts out with me in this empty area with only testers shooting at me. I cant go to the title screen either...is it supposed to be like this?
You're playing the old demo. The new one has an introduction and is out infront of a club with dudes that look like green biker gang elf guys.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Max defense armor + Shotgun C = "lol faceroll." The fly stage was free points. The dog stage, on the other hand....
I know... but I always gone there with machine gun so it would be a bit more difficult.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Kinda wish somebody could mod out the zombies in the fly stage though...they really get in the way of the flies fun a lot. Plus, they already have their own stage...why have them in another?

Status
Not open for further replies.