What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Hey guys. What are the latest English patch?
If you go back a few pages you'll find it on Wessex tag, to my knowledge the latest translation goes up to the April update, unless I missed one for the July update. Basically everything but the ente- whatver (boars) stuff is translated.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How long has it been since the game was updated? I know something like this takes a lot of work to add anything substantial, but it seems like it's been ages.

Ghaleonc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Lately he seemed like 3-5 months update. But he's tad late on this round. Wondering he gave up/ took a break or this next update is gonna be huge think was 7-15-2015 was last update on his site

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Had to be cynical...but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit this one too.

I have a feeling that he never has any intention of finishing any of the games he does...seems like he's a tinkerer...trying to learn systems to be able to make something down the line or maybe get hired on with a gaming company or something.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Had to be cynical...but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit this one too.

I have a feeling that he never has any intention of finishing any of the games he does...seems like he's a tinkerer...trying to learn systems to be able to make something down the line or maybe get hired on with a gaming company or something.
Bruh, don't be like that!

Personally, I think he takes it at a more... "Urielmanx7 pace". Because he's not looking to sell it he's just kinda making stuff as it appears/appeals to him. I think the reason he stopped Nanocrisis and started HoTB is because the gun was extremely limiting and his animation skills got WAY better. It would have looked strange to have the models of the two gangsters in with the old Nanocrisis zombies and dogs. Though I do miss the dogs.

I think we'll get to see him keep adding on to it at his own pace over the next couple years still.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Urielmanx7 is a bad comparison because uriel is planning to sell his game and that's why he's withholding content

ReinhartX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ive been following this for 4 years and i cant be as bothered as much anymore lol....

honestly instead of a story he should have just had a concept where its like nanocrisis, 1 stage 1 or 2 mobs etc than putting useless NPCs and story etc...

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

But he loves putting in like 40 pages of dialogue each screen lol. i have to agree with Vinceras, I remember a few updates ago when translating his posts, in every one it basically said "i dont know if im gonna update this anymore, this might be the last one."

textbook703

Reputation score

But he loves putting in like 40 pages of dialogue each screen lol. i have to agree with Vinceras, I remember a few updates ago when translating his posts, in every one it basically said "i dont know if im gonna update this anymore, this might be the last one."
The fact that he has come back and kept making stuff for the game as many times as he has now, is compelling evidence that he will continue to do it.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

And the guy's been making games, for free, for the past decade.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

But has he ever finished one or always gotten bored and started a new one?

Darkstrain

Reputation score

i called it years ago XD.

in all honesty i think the game won't be fnished because it's too big of a game.

he developed story with a lot of locations, and obviusly that takes a lot of time.
nanocrisis's model was simpler to develop: get an area - 2 mobs - clean it- next.
this one can't do that because he added a "guild", a bar, a blacksmith which all give quests and dialogue, you have a mission of paying your debt, but also something is going on in the planet... there is some narrative everywhere and you have places like the dojo, the slums, the embassy, etc...

looking at it from afar this game finished looks like a game you'd put 20+ hours
nanocrisis finished could take like 5.

so he must feel overwhelmed creating too big of a plot/universe while also having to model animate and program whatever he planned for the game.

it's like violated heroine all over again, i anticipate more from that game ever being finished than the new star wars trilogy.

Perverted Adventurer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i called it years ago XD.

in all honesty i think the game won't be fnished because it's too big of a game.

he developed story with a lot of locations, and obviusly that takes a lot of time.
nanocrisis's model was simpler to develop: get an area - 2 mobs - clean it- next.
this one can't do that because he added a "guild", a bar, a blacksmith which all give quests and dialogue, you have a mission of paying your debt, but also something is going on in the planet... there is some narrative everywhere and you have places like the dojo, the slums, the embassy, etc...

looking at it from afar this game finished looks like a game you'd put 20+ hours
nanocrisis finished could take like 5.

so he must feel overwhelmed creating too big of a plot/universe while also having to model animate and program whatever he planned for the game.

it's like violated heroine all over again, i anticipate more from that game ever being finished than the new star wars trilogy.
Already predicting the end of days? I do agree his worldbuilding has actually made this quite a sizeable game, and there are a lot of plot threads that remain unresolved (except the gang story). It would be possible to finish the game, yes, even for a solo creator, but he probably needs to put a lot of work in over two years, and he could wrap it up adequately. Or, he could rush it for one year and leave it imperfect, but get it mostly done.

Will that happen? Will he finish it? Well, I hope so, and wish him all the best.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

They have more content than most finished games, so who cares
Since the topic brought up was not the quality of his games, how he does them for free, or any of that, just if he was going to continue THIS game, I'd say everyone cares. Unless you want to turn this into a "you dont appreciate XXX argument" which it seems you do but that wasn't what was being discussed.

flowoftime

Demon Girl
Reputation score

What other games are similar to Hounds of the Blade with decent graphic/visual? Most of hentai games I found online have bad visual/graphic.

I'm not talking about games like Sexy Beach with huge Gigabyte, just small games such as Hounds of the Blade and the likes.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You do know that HotB is over 1GB, right?

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

You do know that HotB is over 1GB, right?
^
THIS will always be my kryptonite. Hound of the Blade is too big for me to download. (Especially due to where it's being downloaded)

Makes me question why the developer doesn't separate the content in packs...
Would have made downloading easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.