What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I don't consider getting years of entertainment out of 2 games i never paid for to be failing :rolleyes:

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Except he's not failing too hard. As a lot of people have said, his unfinished games have way more content than most finished ones AND they're free.

As for Rena's Side Story, many people are on the fence about Rena herself and they're basing it mostly on her design, since there's not much else to go by just yet. And since only some people are fans of her design while others aren't.

agraypist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't feel like investing time (Time waiting +Time playing) in this guy anymore. I was hoping to see Aya's story finish out but nope...it gets dropped.
I'm not sure how someone goes about losing their interest in their own world they created...damn man.
I'm not saying his current game is trash, but I'd rather wait/test out others games and invest in them rather than watch this one fall down into a pit of "Lost interest games" list that he will continue to grow.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Is it me, or is the game going in super fast forward...?

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is it me, or is the game going in super fast forward...?
Literally last page dude. Either wait for a new version or try some of the fixes.

The demo runs at ultra speed (5x if I had to guess) on my computer, to the point it's unplayable.

Quick google on unity engine super speed problem seem to suggest:

"caused when frames are being used to control flow rather than time" in unity engine

Seems to be a common rookie mistake when creating Unity games from what I'm reading which make sense seeing this is Inu's 1st Unity project, he'll probably fix it sometime down the line.

flowoftime

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't feel like investing time (Time waiting +Time playing) in this guy anymore. I was hoping to see Aya's story finish out but nope...it gets dropped.
I'm not sure how someone goes about losing their interest in their own world they created...damn man.
I'm not saying his current game is trash, but I'd rather wait/test out others games and invest in them rather than watch this one fall down into a pit of "Lost interest games" list that he will continue to grow.
As some users previously stated his games are all free. You can't blame him from losing interest in developing free stuffs. He got a job and life, though. He starts an Enty project now, you can expect a regular update once he starts this project considering if you're a backer.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
While you make some fair points, I have to ask what you were expecting in "finishing Aya's story." Because after thinking about the story, we only have the intro to her story and the remaining 90% of the game is just going from one location to the next. We're not doing any sort of actual story progress in those locations aside from "fight X monster and get money." There was never any real way for us to pay off her debt, and paying off her debt sounds like it'd be an abrupt end to her story, as if that's an easy way to finish the game without any major conclusion.

We had no real villains to defeat and no major bounties, unless you count the guy Kito Lab which we know next to nothing about. And even if he does have a bounty on his head, he was one of the last things introduced so we don't even know if his bounty is enough to pay off Aya's debt and there definitely hasn't been enough time to develop him as a villain to justify him being the "final boss." And since nothing else qualifies as a final boss we're just spinning our wheels with the game being in development for as long as it has been.

Anyways, there are two new blog posts. From Google-Fu, it seems like the first post was him being in a negative state of mind, questioning whether or not people are interested in the new game. And that's mostly because his site traffic is down and he's being hard on himself for spending over a year on the combat mechanics yet nobody seems interested. And he was thinking about cancelling out of disappointment.

The second is more of an apology for the first explaining he was being too hard on himself and saying that development will continue for the time being. But it does seem like he's looking for some encouragement and/or feedback on the game and how to make it better.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Has it already been 11 months since this started? Well anyways, new update.

He's changed the name to Hounds of the Meteor (say what?) and, accd to Google-Fu, make the escape system simpler. Plus, the animations have been shortened but you can press F3 to loop them for longer, and he made changes so it's harder to be chain-grabbed after escaping.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Does the gameplay ever go back to the old style (2d side scrolling), or is it always going to be that top down view? Pretty sad about the others being shelved, especially if this is going to be the main gameplay style of this new one. Feels like a janky pseudo turn based system atm. I'd actually prefer it be turn based with that camera view and the way the fighting works. Seems really awkward atm. At least a turn based system like Elona would allow for a more tactics oriented game. The way this works now is like taking the worst bits of an action and turn based game and combing them in my opinion.

I don't like the gameplay so far in this one bit. I can't see how this is going to progress in any meaningful way in the future with a combat system like this. Previous games had you requiring tactics for dealing with the various enemies, one of the things that made them so great. Gotta dodge the charging dogs, gotta aim and shoot at the fliers at the right time, etc. Obviously the action focus of the previous games helped as well. This just feels like...ok, move one tile over, then wait for the enemy to stupidly walk into your range, then spam attack, lol. Against these ranged minions, trying to use the ranged attack just gets you shot as well. Best to just exploit their view/range tiles and walk into melee range every time. This system might work ok for now, but I can see it getting old REAL fast. Played for 5 minutes and I'm pretty much done with it.

Also not a big fan of the new protag either, but oh well.

Last edited:

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Eh, I'll start caring about this a bit more when something other than the chrome dude is added in.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Thanks for the update Fenril, if it weren't for you I'd forget about this since all of my bookmarked threads are gone :/

Eden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I, personally, enjoyed this update. I like how the gameplay is a bit more streamlined, making it easier to understand. The partial English translation is very much welcome, as well. The menus seem pretty decent as well. Everything seems like he's setting a pretty good foundation for the future of the game, and I am excited to see where he goes with it.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Considering this is the one thread I've created I've made on these forums I guess I feel obligated to it.

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
No game update, but recently inui has been tweeting some rather somber things like: "I'm a shitty game creator", "I feel no motivation to continue", "my games are a mess full of bugs", "no progress was made on the game for the whole week", "I'm unconsciously avoiding working on the game" etc...
Given his pattern with the previous games, I fear that this project might be abandoned soon... which would be a shame tbqh. I particularly like his games, incomplete as they are.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
No game update, but recently inui has been tweeting some rather somber things like: "I'm a shitty game creator", "I feel no motivation to continue", "my games are a mess full of bugs", "no progress was made on the game for the whole week", "I'm unconsciously avoiding working on the game" etc...
Given his pattern with the previous games, I fear that this project might be abandoned soon... which would be a shame tbqh. I particularly like his games, incomplete as they are.
That's pretty sad. I dealt with depression and feeling like you're shit isn't all that new. Hopefully he'll get back on track. Because he certainly isn't a bad developer in my eyes

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I thought Nanocrisis and HotB were both amazing, and more importantly, I already know I'm not in the minority in that, especially for HotB. I mean, it was basically Guilty Hell before Guilty Hell started getting regular updates.

I guess it comes down to the matter of what the creator's criteria are. I wouldn't dare say that HotB was a mess full of bugs though, rather, it was pretty solid I thought, and more than that, it was oddly charming for an h-game. The characters were real oddballs, but not in the way that makes you turn way from them. The duck man, the dojo guy, the smithy space dwarf, they're all weirdly endearing.

Does Inui understand any English? It could be nice to voice some support, but it may backfire if there's a bunch of responses directed at them in a language they don't understand.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
That's pretty sad. I dealt with depression and feeling like you're shit isn't all that new. Hopefully he'll get back on track. Because he certainly isn't a bad developer in my eyes
He's definitely not a bad developer, hell, he made a shit-ton of stuff for HoB that i can't argue. What i think is because of the change he wanted to make (make a new game) people got mad at him because of this, feeling that he "abandoned" another project to start a waiting game once again. Surely it's gonna take time for us to get a "decent" demo, but from a point of being a "bad dev" he's totally not..

Hell, at least it's not Nightmare sphere 2 (dev mentioned that they already had like 70% of the demo, but still nothing during all these months) or MANY other games that were suppose to have already released.

Reputation score
I talk to him on twitter some to try and cheer him up but he's in a big writer's block right now I think. :censored: