What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I can play it on 10 with no problem
Hopefully they don't stick to the top-down combat stuff. I enjoyed the side-scrollers with animated characters rather than Top-down with animated CG

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I can play it on 10 with no problem
Hopefully they don't stick to the top-down combat stuff. I enjoyed the side-scrollers with animated characters rather than Top-down with animated CG
I haven't tried the new one yet but if it's top down with animated CG like you're saying, I have no interest in it.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Someone should probaby tell Inu to take a break or something. Give the creator room to think things over instead of trying to quickly satisfy the demands of the many.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
what animations are in here so far anyway?

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Just the two with the test drones, fingering then missionary.

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just saw it too. I like those types of suits for female heroes. They make for good teasing until an enemy rips them off, and it also looks great.

And given his recent somber tweets, hopefully this a hint of renewed motivation for inui to continue working on his games.

herakleides

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well he always made really good games in my opinion.
in Graphics and Gameplay they were allways fun to play and absolutley free not to forget.
He should keep up his work.
Depression is a bad thing and it can really get you bad.
I hope for him that he get rid of it and have a good life.

Reputation score
Looks like he is back on track, I wonder if he is one of those people that can see a hundred good jobs but one I don't like this ruins everything?

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Unhappy people are always more vocal than happy people and sometimes even people who like something a lot yell a lot when something happens they dont like because they are so invested in it.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I do rather like the new outfit. I actually like both TBH but then again, I'm also a Vocaloid fan so I kinda gravitated to the original naturally, unlike most people.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Anyone with the old Meteor top-down tech demo can either bin it or keep it as a curiosity. In addition to the new suit mentioned above, he's moving the game mechanics back to the side-scrolling style of Hounds of the Blade (and he has no plans to ever restart development on it). Whatever he comes up with next is anyone's guess. I doubt the tech demo animations are going to be reused, if they are recycled they'll probably be slightly modified to take into account the new skin.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'm very excited to hear that. All tho the enemies are going to be a big question for my prefs, I still think the side scrolling action style is much better for h-content than the overhead puzzle strategy but still action kinda thing he was doing before. Even if he had enemies that I liked, I wouldnt of liked them as much top down as i would side.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm just hoping for a better lewd system than his newest title.
It's way too clunky for my tastes.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I suppose I'm fine either way as there's pro's and con's to both styles.

For starters, I'm not even sure the previous overhead style was going for a "puzzle" style to begin with. More like the oldschool 2D Zelda games like ALttP. At least, I don't remember there being any plans for puzzles at least, and there weren't puzzles in the demo. But the animations were pretty good and much more involved than HotB, for what little we saw. There was potential there, at least.

But on the other hand, sidescrolling is what he's used to and what we're used to. So chances are it won't be in development hell like it has been for the past year.

Reputation score
I was really hopeful for the new system but everyone (?) was against it, I dunno I think he just saw a few bad comments and took them to heart.

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The top down system he was using was too clunky and jarring for my tastes, but thats not to say he couldnt have made it smoother and more fun to actually play. However, there was a lot of potential with how much more involved the actual H mechanics were in that game as well . So I think HoTB sidescrolling gameplay with a fleshed out and balanced HoTM H mechanics might be a nice combination. Its rare for me to actually feel like i was working for getting her out of it and always had a chance no matter how many times she got caught, plus the closer up animations were really nice. Now if he would just fix the hyperspeed fucking that would be fantastic lol