What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Welp, can't say some of us didn't see this coming. Depression is serious business.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Yeah sad to see that, it's one of the GoAT H games for sure.

doob420

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Welp, that's a shame. Not too surprising though. Unfortunately this feller has talent but lacks follow though, for whatever reason. And if he does have some form of depression which caused this to weigh on him, I don't fault him for abandoning the game. The pressure to deliver would probably get to him. Every negative comment likely cut like a knife. Depression is very serious business. I understand this all to well. I wish him the best.

Reputation score
He's still working on Rena's story but I guess every comment he sees is "where is the old stuff I want the old stuff", people are judging his new game too hard and it's not even more then a tiny tech demo.

doob420

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Is he still working on Hounds of the Meteor? If so, that's fantastic! But I do agree with you on the comments. And I'm sure that can ware on a feller. And yes, we all want the old stuff, because the old stuff was so damn good. This is the third time he's blown shit up! Nanocrisis was the result of the blow up of his first game, which I forget the name of (older members here might remember it all them years ago).
Then Nanocrisis was blown up for Hounds of the Blade. Which got as much of, or more development than Nanocrisis (his second game).
Then Hounds of the Blade got blown up, for what is now known as Hounds of the Meteor. Which is his fourth game by my count. if he's still working on something, fantastic! His games have always been fucking awesome! But as someone who has depression, I can see depression setting in when "every comment he sees is 'where is the old stuff I want the old stuff'"

doob420

Sex Demon
Reputation score
He clearly has struggled with his fame. He's not some God, and as such infallible. He's tried to make games, and either failed or decided he could do better. I'm pretty sure he'd decided he could do better each time. But, is it that little terrible voice that keeps telling him he could do better?

But if he's still working on the Rena Story/Hounds of the Meteor and just going full on onto the new game, then new game lets have you! I'll weep HotB just like I wept NanoCrisis.

Last edited:

Johnny Johnson

Reputation score
Welp, can't say some of us didn't see this coming. Depression is serious business.
It is serious business which is why I hope he is seeing a therapist and taking meds. Some refuse to take meds for clinical depression and that is a HUGE mistake because it just doesn't go away. Situational depression on the other hand, it can get better depending on the cause.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I have to admit I'd avoided medication until my most recent episode, but they were the gateway to the things that have really helped me like CBT, taking new hobbies, and realising what goals I wanted to achieve to be happy.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I have to admit I'd avoided medication until my most recent episode, but they were the gateway to the things that have really helped me like CBT, taking new hobbies, and realising what goals I wanted to achieve to be happy.
I apologize in advance, cause you probably mean Cognitive Behavioral Theraphy. But the first time I read your post, I thought you were curing depression by getting your Cock & Balls Tortured, or doing it to others, and it killed my depression for the day... XD

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
....mm'kay - just take a seat here mate.

"Quick, call the loony bin. One of the nutters has escaped again!"

T95GMC

Reputation score
this is his most recent tweet, copy n pasted with auto translate so maybe someone else can do a better job:

"[B]inui[/B]‏ @[B]inui20100621[/B]

結局のところMeteorやめてBlade再開しろと みんなそう言いたいのね

Translated from Japanese by

After all, everyone wants to say that meteor and the blade resumes.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
結局のところMeteorやめてBlade再開しろと みんなそう言いたいのね

= At the end of it all, Inui's thinking everyone is telling him to quit Meteor and restart development on Blade.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Wonder why Inui doesn't just add Meteor onto Blade as a sort of expansion/DLC?

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Wonder why Inui doesn't just add Meteor onto Blade as a sort of expansion/DLC?
Because Blade's engine was a relic form GM8, which is having serveal key driver that was no longer supported in modern days windows like 8 or 10, so Inui just scrap the whole setup and start form new.

Johnny Johnson

Reputation score
Because Blade's engine was a relic form GM8, which is having serveal key driver that was no longer supported in modern days windows like 8 or 10, so Inui just scrap the whole setup and start form new.
Makes sense. There were a lot of people who had to do some wonky workaround to get Hounds to work on Windows 8, I'm not sure about 10 though.