What's new

In today's news...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Well done, Land of The Rising Sun, that should send the shrews crawling back into their holes for a while! Not really though, they'll just end up saying "Oh it's Japan, they're just a pack of rabid chauvinists.".

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

If we were to “ban the sale of manga that includes sexual violence,” it would do the opposite and instead create a new avenue of sexism toward women.
Perhaps in the same manner that certain famous personalties efforts to demonize video games over recent years have unwittingly stirred up a massive modern backlash and opposition movement, the likes of which feminism hasn't had to face in decades.

Kumiko Yamada seems to understand that needlessly giving hordes of Japanese youths and otaku reasons to become embittered and combative regarding women's rights issues, isn't at all productive.

My respect to her.

Besides, if you want examples of sexual-violence in manga, the surest way to find it is oddly enough in Josei manga. Seemingly no Josei is complete without a 50 shades of grey style male lead somewhere in the mix. The parts Kumiko mentioned about such a ban harming numerous female authors was no exaggeration.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not just that, but is there any evidence what-so-ever that viewing sexual violence against women in fictional media increases such behavior in real life? I don't honestly know, but I significantly doubt it and would call into question the validity of anything stating such.

I believe this is just endemic to the current societal trend that, as far as I can tell, values how information makes you feel (Not saying that emotions aren't to be considered, just quit over-valuing something that's transient and malleable by nature) over logic, reason, and truth.

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not just that, but is there any evidence what-so-ever that viewing sexual violence against women in fictional media increases such behavior in real life? I don't honestly know, but I significantly doubt it and would call into question the validity of anything stating such.

I believe this is just endemic to the current societal trend that, as far as I can tell, values how information makes you feel (Not saying that emotions aren't to be considered, just quit over-valuing something that's transient and malleable by nature) over logic, reason, and truth.
I think viewing sexual violence against women causes behavior in real life just like how Videogames cause violence, and rock and roll corrupts the youth.

It's been a very persistent myth that somehow entertainment media is brainwashing our poor impressionable kids into being terrible people, and it has never once turned out to be true. "Violence against women" or "Objectification of women" in media may be more specific than previous myths that targeted entire genres but it is just the same old myth being used for the same old purpose.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

To give an idea of just how ancient this myth is, most people were not allowed to learn to read except the priesthood lest they be led into sin by misinterpreting it. Books that were not the bible were considered a heretical thing once reading became more widespread. Never ends.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't forget that D&D turns your kids into satanists

As for some news

Britain going to get that vote on leaving the EU soon
Politicians are crying about it and pulling everything they can to prevent their future 'job' prospects from disappearing

The vote is supposed to happen at Thursday 23 June

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, I've been playing D&D for over a decade and I have yet to find any descriptions of rituals or spells that are precise enough you could actually use them. Though that's third edition and up, anyone familiar with the older stuff see anything?

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, I've been playing D&D for over a decade and I have yet to find any descriptions of rituals or spells that are precise enough you could actually use them. Though that's third edition and up, anyone familiar with the older stuff see anything?
I've been playing D&D since the mid-80s. There are no fully-described rituals or incantations in any of the TSR-approved or WotC-approved materials that I've seen. With that said, there was a LOT of third-party content, even in the 80s, trying to cash in on the franchise, and some of that might have had some more detailed inscriptions, and I'm sure that there were isolated RP groups that probably decided to act out their actions (an early form of LARPing, I suppose).

There was a lot of unnecessary paranoia about the RPG in the early days, too. The 1982 made-for-TV movie comes to mind (essentially making the argument that the game makes crazy people even crazier). There are also lots of hardcore religious nuts who will tell you that the game is all about worshiping false gods and Satan.

Pretty much grade-F bullshit.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Nubs on crackstatus subeddit are saying this translates to a large H-dev company beginning to use Denuvo. Doesn't translate to that with google translate, but was wondering if anyone knowing moonspeak might take a look?

Not the biggest problem, as most of the best H-games come from small companies, but you guys that like H-novels might be in for a treat!

Also, I'd like to apologize right now if this is bullshit, which I suspect it may very well be given that it's coming from crackstatus.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

The beliefs of men like this really make me wonder.

Info on situation in south africa, hit me harder then I thought it would.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

If that guy truly believes as such, he would have started with himself
Seeing as he has not, it is obvious that he is just saying stuff he knows is wrong

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Feels likely that he's just saying what he thinks will get him some easy media attention. Saying crazy stuff for publicity seems to be popular these days...

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

People are discussing it on a naughty hentai forum on the webz. If its for attention, it clearly works. :p

also, oh hey, are you the same changer from other nawty forums? The internet is small.. for perverts.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The beliefs of men like this really make me wonder.

That first link bro. Everything about that page just makes my eyes bleed.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

W-E-L-P

I found some more of them, and they're in Harvard this time!

I look forward to the day I die because of my skin color! only then will true justice have been done.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Didn't watch because bandwidth but I find it amusing that genocide isn't quickly and easily refuted. I mean shit, aren't they just admitting that whichever race wipes out the others is morally justified?

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

In happier news... Australia discovered a new spider that swims and dives. Well... "Dolomedes briangreenei," if you want to get technical.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Reactions: XSI

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Has anyone here ever brought up poor people in South Africa before?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Few times, but not as the main topic, I don't think at least
I do believe we have at least one member from there too

And as for news, Canadian military recruitment center attacked by man shouting he did it for allah

According to Toronto police Chief Mark Saunders, Ali said, "Allah told me to do this, Allah told me to come here and kill people," during the attack.
That same chief then went on with
"I don't want this categorizing a large group of people; that will be very unfair and very inaccurate," he said, adding he doesn't want to see any of this "Islamophobia nonsense."
It's going to be really hard to have people not blame islam for it when the guy who did it quite literally said he did it for islam's god.
I'd say it's probably just another crazy who found an excuse to let his crazy out

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

People who hear voices have been known to apply that voice to deities or other forms of supernatural entities (like ghosts and such). It's possible that the man had severe schizophrenia - though I won't speculate further.

It's of course also possible that he's a massively extremist religious nutter.