What's new

In today's news...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Wait a second, why is reptilian humanoids exist in very unlikely? We know that there were species of bipedal reptiles in existence on our world pre-cataclysmic 'whatever' caused the ice age, how can reptilian humanoid life be discounted? Or is it in reference to a specific conspiracy theory involving them on Earth?

That's a pretty ridiculous argument. If patents expiring after 20 years doesn't stop innovation, there's no reason at all to assume that copyright expiring after 20 years would do so either. In fact, there's every reason to assume that overly long copyright has the exact opposite effect.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I'd even go further to say that completely removing the concept of patent/copyright would actually INCREASE innovation and maybe even quality of goods. Logically speaking if you know that once you release a product that anyone anywhere can copy it, you have to think of a way to convince consumers to purchase your product instead of the competitors. The two obvious choices being to make your product more affordable to reach as many consumers as possible, or to make it higher quality and attempt to engender brand loyalty. However even with that choice made, you still want more money, and once everyone has your product (or your competitor's) they aren't going to be buying any more untill the ones they have break/run out. What to do? You really have no other choice than to continually create new innovations to keep consumers buying your products. Copyrights/Patents reward innovation yes, but they do not FUEL it, the basics of economics do.

Bwaha haha ha ha ha You know, I usually do this drinking game where I grab a buddy and we read through flat earther stuff for their insanity, but if I can get the same stuff, AND Hentai, this forum might become my new favourite.

You'll have to try a lil harder than that to beat some of my favourites though. Try mentioning Jews, Reptilians or Jesuits, then, I promise you a full response to all of your points.
What's with all the reptile hate up in here? Is there some scientific principal I'm unaware of discounting them?

Seriously though, please keep paraphrasing the progressivist handbook. What was it? Chapter 1 page 1: If someone isn't instantly awed by the advances you're hawking, but instead advocates caution respond thusly: Insult their intelligence, paint them as some sort of backwards neanderthal, then assert dominance, maybe by suggesting insults that they should use on you. Rinse and repeat untill the individual in question is sufficiently cowed.

Really, I get it, you think humanity is hot shit because we can fuck with the building blocks of life and we indeed HAVE come a long way in our understanding of the world around us, but on a grand scale we're still basically monkeys with rocket launchers blowing shit up to see what happens. I'm well aware there is no reward without risk, and I'm honestly excited about the progress we've made recently (A working fusion reactor, how fucking awesome is that? And hell I'd love to be able to re-grow my teeth, just not out of my forehead) but isn't it common sense to minimize and mitigate that risk as much as possible though? I don't have enough faith in anyone in power to trust that they are not letting self-interest overcome that common sense. If you do, good for you, I'm sure you'll prosper quite thoroughly towing the company line.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait a second, why is reptilian humanoids exist in very unlikely? We know that there were species of bipedal reptiles in existence on our world pre-cataclysmic 'whatever' caused the ice age, how can reptilian humanoid life be discounted? Or is it in reference to a specific conspiracy theory involving them on Earth?
That pic was made thinking about the whole 'politicians are shapeshifting reptilians' thing. It is true that it is technically possible for there to be reptilian humanoids/surviving bipedal reptiles on earth, but at this point it is fairly unlikely.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

Bwaha haha ha ha ha You know, I usually do this drinking game where I grab a buddy and we read through flat earther stuff for their insanity, but if I can get the same stuff, AND Hentai, this forum might become my new favourite.

You'll have to try a lil harder than that to beat some of my favourites though. Try mentioning Jews, Reptilians or Jesuits, then, I promise you a full response to all of your points.
really, gonna just ignore the fish people and all the work they put into the ice wall? racist

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

really, gonna just ignore the fish people and all the work they put into the ice wall? racist
I don't care how long they worked on it, it's still a piece of carp.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Badass Women Join Elite Congolese Ranger Squad to Defend Gorillas against Poachers and Rebels (with some great photos).

Reactions: XSI

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

In other, more British news...

Prime Minister David Cameron has fired the metaphorical starting pistol for the European Referendum, whether Britain will choose to remain in the EU or to leave on June 23rd. He said he is standing down as Prime Minister in about four months, though that's said to be a dig at a loyal MP/Rival Boris (BOORRRIIIIISSSS!) Johnson, bit low. ><

Suffice to say, quite interesting for various reasons, some amusing, others cynical, others concerning, etc.

First off, in 2011ish, he said the 'EU experiment was not working, and that we should pull out' or something to that effect, forgive me if I'm wrong.

Now he's done a 180' turn on the matter, literally and metaphorically, because as PM he stands on the other side of Parliament and thus...

He's officially set the date after attempting his much vaunted 'EU Reformation Deal' which, in the original party manifesto, spoke about sweeping changes to protect Britain's Sovereignty, Immigration, Economics, Security in the EU. Though he's worked hard, his EU-Deal has been deeply criticised and loudly mocked for being repeatedly watered down in the face of the other 27 nation-states, and the admission by the President of the EU that the EU Parliament will actually hold a vote after our own referendum whether or not our deal is legally worked out and acceptable, aka they can change the details too if they wished after we have our vote.

Anyway, he wholeheartedly supports the EU, is actively campaigning to keep the UK in it, but apparently (with a pinch of salt) newspapers and local media are reporting some less than saintly behavior - he actually prevented his own party-members from speaking out who were not pro-EU, and only recently let them voice their thoughts, where-as Pro-EU MP's were allowed to speak as they like. He's got the whole Whitehall PR machine churning, preventing his own pro-exit Ministers from being helped by the apparently neutral Civil Service, and has quite a few people with vested interests cobbling together for the In-campaign, as well as this rather startling 'fear campaign' going on. He purported that a large number of the top 100 FTSE bosses and companies back him in a No.10 engineered letter of support will back him, but it turns out less than a third are actually signing the paper.

Jeremy Corbyn is with the PM on the matter of staying in, which sounds good for solidarity, but where the main parties come together on issues, often less than optimal things happen. One MP, (Nikki Morgan? Can't quite remember) was allowed to speak for about 10 minutes on BBC 3 about the negative consequences of leaving the EU, making a pro-EU case without any body questioning him or wishing to verify his claims, so... BBC being biased again, perhaps.

It's been said that if we leave the EU, our security would be weakened - though NATO and the UN, which is our security, has nothing to do with the EU, and leaving would logically force stronger border control and more security between two foreign nations, where-as the Schengen-Zone allows pretty much free, unchecked travel from one end of the EU to the other, with a few exceptions including UK, Southern Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus.

And yes, I'm a tad skeptical on the matter.

Also, the Scottish are threatening another once-in-a-lifetime-referendum if the UK leaves the EU. Might be ironic that Scotland wants to stay in the EU, but leaving the UK would mean they'd have to have a lengthy application process as well as an array of legal nonsense including what currency they can use, because the Pound-Sterling is strictly British. Cynically speaking, they might dislike the rulers south of the border, but might prefer unaccountable ones a few thousand miles away with little to no means to influence decisions.

Toodlepip.

Edit; Oh damn, I'm ranting. XD Please, please, please take what I say with a small pinch of salt, I have an obvious bias (at least, I dislike one group or another trying to either manipulate or dress up something that smells), but I'm posting here what I know and remember (flakey recall go!), if I think of something that is credible and proven to be beyond doubt I shan't hide it up.

Last edited:

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What does that mean if Cameron is stepping down? Will there be a new election?

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I assume it'd be the same as the leadership change during the 2000's Labour - no general/country election changes for the party in charge, just a vote in the party of who will lead it I guess.

Having a slight brain fart, Dr.Google might explain it better than me. XD

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

What does that mean if Cameron is stepping down? Will there be a new election?
There's a new general election soon, its why Camoron and the tories are jumping on the 'get us out of EU bandwagon', to steal back the UKIP vote.

The prime minister is selected as the leader of the political party that won the majority of MP seats (which means an independent candidate could never be the british prime minister)
They can step down as party leader which means the party then has an internal election for a new leader - as happened with Tony Liar/Shit Brown and Margaret Antoinette/Pea Major.

The public doesn't get to vote on anything unless the party leader holds an MP seat and decides to vacate that as well, in which case there's a byelection.

Reactions: XSI

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This isn't pressing news, but a grim reminder that people (and animals) are still feeling the after-effects of the Chernobyl disaster:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To this day, most boars in my area are still so radioactive you can't eat their meat. While grim, it's not a fate unique to reindeers.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To this day, most boars in my area are still so radioactive you can't eat their meat. While grim, it's not a fate unique to reindeers.
Yes... I imagine it's not unique to reindeers, sadly. But for those of us in the US, and possibly Western Europe, this is something we don't hear about very often.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm, yeah, it was a pretty terrible disaster. We used to have "radiation forecasts" when it came to determine how much reindeer meat it was safe to eat when I was a kid, and Scandinavia is located on the other hand of the continent from Ukraine.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Jared Fogle doing a 180 and gained 30 pounds while in prison. :eek:

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

It's protection
Pedos in jail get shanked, this way it cuts the fat and not his internal organs

---
And I got this linked, kind of a compilation of a specific kind of news

Googlemaps of all the 'refugee' crime in Germany

Purple - sexual assault/rape
Red - attacks on children/young people including sexual attacks
Orange - robbery and theft
Dark blue - assault
Black - murder/attempted murder
Light blue - riots/threats/misc

Only the stuff reported in the media is counted, and it's still a huge map with a lot of stuff on it

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Many of these new sources don't even mention the people to be refugees, instead making reference to "dark skin" and "Südländer," a term meaning "person from a country in the South," the south meaning anything from Italy to Northern Africa.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

So just immigrants in general and not the refugees then
Maybe tourists

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, precisely. If the map is just running a search algorithm, it's a badly worded algorithm. If it's updated manually, it's just downright disingenuous.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Jared Fogle doing a 180 and gained 30 pounds while in prison. :eek:

Thats a lot of spunk:eek:

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score