What's new

In today's news...

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Hilariously, CNN and co aren't talking about this.
Yeah... I don't know how much truth there is to the Antifa story, which seems to have originated with Infowars. Especially given such other Infowars stories as " ." I'm also unfamiliar with WND, but they seem to be simply citing Infowars.

EDIT: All news has a certain amount of bias. CNN is certainly news with a slight liberal bent. But I don't think they qualify as "fake news," especially given that they carefully cite their sources and they acknowledge when one of their stories is found inaccurate or wanting. As for Infowars... seriously, they're running pieces about "Satanic Rituals" at the "Super Bowel." WND doesn't seem much better, as one of their "Front Page" sections is "Faith." Generally it's Christians and Muslims that include "Faith" articles in their news, and generally it's the crazy ones. As WND seems to be 'MURIKAN news, I'm guessing they're some form of conservative Christian news outlet... which translates as "generally one sided propaganda because JESUS."

I also cannot help but mention that the administration that called CNN " " (as well as " ") has a penchant for promulgating " ," which seem a lot like " " to me.

Last edited:

Cappy

Reputation score

CNN may not outright disseminate specifically false information, but they never cover the whole story and almost always intentionally leave out parts of the narrative that don't fit their political bias. Just because they are half as shit as infowars doesn't mean they *aren't* shit, and their tendency to cut footage when somebody starts saying things they don't like live is also kind of suspicious.

Furthermore, Infowars being the original source of the whole antifa story is incorrect I believe, there's plenty of footage on youtube of the anarcho-communist extremists in groups wearing masks saying dumb bullshit while rioting, and in more extreme examples like the one that was as a result of a Milo Yiannopoulis talk; just outright beating people they disagree with in public. To be fair, at least one of them were shouting "peace!" and discouraging, but when six people are punching first, and only one person is giving lip service to keeping the peace *while not physically doing anything about it*, it's still not particularly flattering.

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Apparently, the US Department of Agriculture took down information about dog and cat breeders, so prospective buyers can't look up if the puppy they want comes from a good breeder or a puppy mill. You can still request data from the USDA, but it usually takes months to get an answer.

Last edited:

Cappy

Reputation score

Wow that's awful. Although really, the morally correct thing to do is adopt a dog if it's just for the sake of having a pet, of course if it's for the sake of a trained companion like a guard dog or a seeing-eye dog that's different.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wow that's awful. Although really, the morally correct thing to do is adopt a dog if it's just for the sake of having a pet, of course if it's for the sake of a trained companion like a guard dog or a seeing-eye dog that's different.
Most dogs can be trained for those sorts of things anyway. The only reason to get a dog from a breeder is to have a purebred. I need not draw any similarities to racial purist fanatics.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, the information goes further than that. It's not just breeders on the list - companies that run tests on animals and mistreated them were on it, for instance. Pretty much any entity that worked with animals and had a complaint or a settlement about animal abuse were on the list.

Cappy

Reputation score

The only reason to get a dog from a breeder is to have a purebred. I need not draw any similarities to racial purist fanatics.

Well, by that logic horse stables and cattle ranchers are as guilty as any dog breeder, at least in regards to eugenics. Not that it makes it right or anything.

Edit: Thinking on it, at the very least the genetic deformities from inbreeding aren't quite as bad on horses or cows usually, but all the same they get abused in other fashions. "This here mare is JRH-NBR" is an example in the form of a spicy meme, courtesy of

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

So, this apparently happened.

Cappy

Reputation score

Well, that's what tends to happen to extreme separatists and dire racists eventually. Hopefully Yusra Kogali is next. She's not just a racial supremacist, but a sex supremacist as well.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Apparently theres been riots in France again last night, reason being that a copper supposedly raped a young ethnic man.

Story I've heard is that the copper was using an extendable baton to subdue the man but somehow during the tussle the man's pants fell down and the baton slipped into his anus somehow.

I guess it's slightly more believable than the usual "I was cleaning my house, naked, then I slipped and fell on it."

Cappy

Reputation score

Well I never thought it would happen, but it's about fucking time. A reason for rioting that isn't easily refuted by ten seconds of research and is actually a real problem. I don't think it's logical to entertain the idea that the baton got accidentally pushed up there, and even if it were the case, the victim wouldn't have been the recipient of possibly life-threatening internal wounds if it was somehow an accident.

That there was no real punishment for it is actually something that calls for protesting, good job France, you did it. Your riot isn't 100% retarded.

Edit: That's not entirely true actually, they were all suspended, but still, the police trying to cover up the thing is pretty shady.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I wrote a thing
Warhammer Eternal Crusade
Honestly, the game is good. It's got potential and it's pretty fun to play, I like it a lot. But the marketing and such? I'm fairly sure they don't even talk the same language as the devs.

Warhammer 40,000 : Eternal Crusade promises a lot, and delivers very little. Nonetheless, what little there is is solid enough to be interesting and even enjoyable if you do not expect much from it. That said, it is hilarious how overpriced and overmarketed the game is.

WH40k EC promises you the world - MMO Warhammer 40k, massive persistent world, campaigns, thousands of items, huge battles and 20 different subfactions? This sounds great! I'd say that is one of the best sounding lists of features that I've seen before. But that is not to be. As much fun as the game is - good controls, decent graphics and fast paced gameplay where it truly feels skill matters - essentially none of that feature list actually got into the game proper. Not to mention the bugs and missing quality of life things that seem to pop up somewhat regularly.

With that said, the game itself is worth playing, so let's go through the promises to point out where it went so wrong and why you should not expect anything the marketing tells you so that you can enjoy what is there rather than feel betrayed that you did not get what you wanted.

MMO tag - this is not an MMO. It does not look like it will be any time soon, or like anything resembling it is planned for in the future. It is a lobby based shooter without a server browser. You queue up and are placed in an instanced battle with a number of other players and that is all there is to it. Nothing about this is an MMO, and since there is no early access tag I can only assume that there are no serious plans to make it into one.

Persistent world - nope. Nothing persistent about it at all. There is truly nothing about the world that will ever carry over to the future in any way, shape, or form. It is not unlikely that the same map is played on several different servers at the same time, none of them having any effect on anything else whatsoever.

The 'massive' part of the world - maps are slightly big for the playercount, I suppose. But only if you don't bring a vehicle and have to walk. As established there is no persistent map, so there is no real overworld to speak of either. "Slightly above average map sizes" is a better description.

Campaign - does not currently exist. They have a feature called a 'campaign', but it is as the time of writing this review it's both disabled and a joke. "Win 10 random battles for extra tokens" is not a campaign. While I appreciate getting the extra stuff, it would be dishonest to call it anything resembling a campaign.

Thousands of items - to be added, clearly. Because there sure aren't that many now. Maybe if you count every single item in the game, for every race and every modification and scope? Perhaps you'll even get close to a thousand, but you won't reach it still.

Huge battles? 30 vs 30. I mean, it's bigger than Overwatch, bigger than TF2, and bigger than CS:GO. But 60 people isn't exactly that impressive.

20 subfactions - which are entirely cosmetic, nothing to see here.

I'm not sure what happened exactly, although many things appear to be placeholders the game has a solid foundation and is a pretty good thing to spend time on. The combat feels like it's varied enough to not grow tiresome, skill based enough to not become boring and fast enough to not leave you sitting on your rear waiting for hours, and the developers appear to be actively trying to improve things still. But it seems that's all there is to it. It has its issues, and it seems very much like it's just an early access game claiming it has great plans and will put it all in "soon", but it just isn't there.

Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade is worth playing, don't get me wrong. But it does not deliver on any of its promises, barring a few. A pricetag of 50€ is a joke and an insult to anyone considering to buy it, and it seems unlikely that it ever will do as it promises. While I honestly believe the game is good at its core, the fact that the core is the only thing there is and that it flat out lies about almost everything means I will have to recommend against buying this, at least as long as you can't get it for under 20€.

If you do get it, have a referral link so you get some extra stuff ingame:
EC-VV6W63JL0ZJXR

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, this apparently happened.

I hear that he was Jewish so there is a bit of speculation going around that his death was an inside job.

R.I.P Al Jarreau

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

In Britnews, Brexit happening. At least they're not delaying endlessly

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Indonesians demonstrate why even moderate Islam is bad for non-muslims

Cappy

Reputation score

Well, I find it interesting that before he made any comment about the passage in question referencing deferring leadership to a non-muslim as wrong or immoral, he was popular even amongst some of the more traditional conservative muslims as well as the moderates, but after bringing it up suddenly the scriptures are important.

It seems to me even the idea of criticizing an element of Islam is seen as blasphemy and as an appropriate justification for what can only be called vigilante "Just us". Hey, you're only like a folk hero who routes out corruption from our political system and works hard to maintain a good public image, who cares if you get arrested for years for the simple act of disagreeing publicly with one passage from a book. ONLY MUSLIM LEADERS PLEASE.

Meanwhile, in ultra xenophobe brexit neo-nazi England, the mayor of London is a follower of islam and openly talks about how his ilk face oppression in western society. Yeah, western society is soooo intolerant you guys.

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It looks like it's drawing inspiration from the novel, so it's likely there will be very little cheeki breeki, if any.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, by that logic horse stables and cattle ranchers are as guilty as any dog breeder, at least in regards to eugenics. Not that it makes it right or anything.

Edit: Thinking on it, at the very least the genetic deformities from inbreeding aren't quite as bad on horses or cows usually, but all the same they get abused in other fashions. "This here mare is JRH-NBR" is an example in the form of a spicy meme, courtesy of
One would have to care about the fates of equines or bovines first though...

Shit a horse can't even play fetch, what a useless animal.

I'm noticing more and more posts about things that aren't really news like this. We have threads for movies, games, and t.v. shows. Please use them.

Cappy

Reputation score

As it happens, animal displays of affection are relatively rare in a way that is obvious to humans outside of certain exceptions like domesticated house animals, but even in those cases the things like licking the face and cats rubbing your shins are only evidently *friendly* because it's so ingrained in our culture after like a thousand years of being househeld animals.

The only thing that distinguishes wild animals and farm animals from regular pets in terms of their behavior and abilities, is their having evolved and learned in a different environment. I know you were joking, but that includes fetching a stick, as well as all the other trained behaviors dogs have had sort of imposed on them culturally.

Another funny piece of trivia, detractors of the idea of animal rights have in the past criticized Koko the gorilla's inability to describe death, her solution being to sign the words for "they're sleeping" essentially, even though death is often referred to, by modern humans no less, as eternal sleep. This is also debunked by the Elephant's tendency to mourn their dead, clearly they understand the difference.