Interest and OCC Thread

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
Re: Time to Reclaim Mirafar

That's cool.

On another note. Two of your specializations are not were they should be. Trained technical skills automatically come with a specialization, but training a technical skill does not grant your character a specialization in another skill.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

That's cool.

On another note. Two of your specializations are not were they should be. Trained technical skills automatically come with a specialization, but training a technical skill does not grant your character a specialization in another skill.
Or, in other words:

Physical Skills:21
Skill 1: Combat 6(Polearms)
Skill 2: Survival 6 (Hunting)
Skill 3: Stealth 6 (Shadowing)
Skill 4: Perception 3
Social Skills:16
Skill 1:Animal Ken 6(Wild Animals)
Skill 2: Persuasion 4
Skill 3: Expression 3 (Dance)
Skill 4: Intimidation 3

Technical Skills:11
Skill 1: Medicine 5
Skill 2: Sabotage 6(Traps)
Skill 3: Research 6
The skills in blue should only have 3 specializations in total, and you currently have 5 total. Those in red should have 1 specialization each for a total of 3. You only have 1.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I don't know what stuff you were given on account of your background, but:

• Artifact effects are up to the gm.
  • I'm pretty sure drug effects for the drug addictions are as well.
  • Same with benefits you get from your background.
  • You don't start with a master passion unless the gm gives you one from your background.

Of course, if the_taken has already given you that as background stuff, ignore this, otherwise...

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Triacca Silvers
Character Sheet:
-stuff-

I think that's everything. Please tell me if I made any mistakes.
Math is all right. Have the right number of skills, right number of attributes, right amount PP, your background type is one of the examples.

I'm giving the artifact the go light. Item toughness is not it's only ability, but the other is dormant and your character isn't even suspicious of it. It also makes sneaking up on people a bit harder because it EXHUMES RAW MAGICAL AWESOME!

Can't specialize in fighting orcs in general. Like all groups of humans, orc martial training can vary immensely from even adjacent sister tribes. But what you can specialize in is fighting a certain class of human warriors called Strikers. The Shaved Molebear Orc Warband (what I'm naming that tribe) produced strong and agile fighters which employed guerrilla tactics, before they figured out the exploding plants caused paralysis. Dedicating a whole campaign against them has honed your character's skills in fighting lightly armoured warriors that favour alpha striking.

Your character's substance of addiction does not actually grant bonuses to attributes. Never did, never will. What it actually does is provide a mild sense of false courage, with the off chance of being toxic. Some people think it makes them stronger, but any science done would prove otherwise. (There is little scientific research being done in the world, so people don't know it.) The drug is going to provide some bonuses on willpower tests, sometimes, and it certainly does work as a contraceptive, though suggest you do everything you can to avoid stage 2 and 3 of withdrawal for a habitual user.

Normally I wouldn't have a character start with a master passion, it is very appropriate considering your character's background. I'm sure some heavy psychiatric therapy will be able to cure her with time.

Also, my apologies if the Background section kind of spiraled out of control.
No apologies necessary. This is a well thought out background that show cases your character's life, highlights a turning point, and ties a her to Mirafar (though its soooooooo cliché!) I like it.

On a side note, though you're calling your character a half-ogre, everyone is going to call your character an ogre. Just like how Barrack Obama is officially a black president, despite the face that he's only half-black. Go racism!

Also, your character is short on equipment. She gets another shield and a suit at non-armor level.

-------

And that makes three. Gonna send a PM to Nunu to get our subforum up, and I'll see the three of you in the game thread.

Edit-> Forum get!

Last edited:

T-A-B

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay, character sheet revised. Going with a Crystal Shield because it would likely work well with the artifact ring, and a Chainmail Bikini since looking sexy would probably be more useful in this story.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kick ass. Was starting to wonder if we'd ever get a third. :x

Uh, not to be nitpicky or anything, but shouldn't the cart-mule be a cart-boar or something?

Also, I shuffled my skill points around a bit. For general use with the grappling hook, scaling walls and swinging across pits, what combo of skill and attribute would it use? Same as combat use, Combat + Agility or Operation + Intuition? ...For that matter, do I get a choice between the two or is it whichever's more appropriate to the situation?

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Kick ass. Was starting to wonder if we'd ever get a third. :x

Uh, not to be nitpicky or anything, but shouldn't the cart-mule be a cart-boar or something?
lol, it probably is some sort of lesser boar... doesn't matter, since it's not even a mount.

Also, I shuffled my skill points around a bit. For general use with the grappling hook, scaling walls and swinging across pits, what combo of skill and attribute would it use? Same as combat use, Combat + Agility or Operation + Intuition? ...For that matter, do I get a choice between the two or is it whichever's more appropriate to the situation?
The combat skill only ever pertains to doing combat, but the operations skill is used when dealing with mechanical devices. The option between Combat + Agility or Operation + Intuition is for the combat use of the grappling device (and any similar equipment, get best result!), but the Operation skill can be used with any attribute dependent on what you are trying to do.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
Re: Interest and OCC Thread

All the character sheets are in, so I'm gonna post the opening thread.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

...Uh, so how does clinging work, again? Will it allow me to easily Spiderman my way up walls (like. say, a magic obsidian outer wall), with the -2 threshold being a separate, more general-use effect, or will it just -2-threshold from the check to climb the thing?

Also, start game, grill general.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

...Uh, so how does clinging work, again? Will it allow me to easily Spiderman my way up walls (like. say, a magic obsidian outer wall), with the -2 threshold being a separate, more general-use effect, or will it just -2-threshold from the check to climb the thing?
You will be able to kinda 'Spiderman' your way around, but it's gonna be really slow. If you can imagine, it'll be like playing the puzzles with the Double Claw Shot in Twilight Princess, but instead of the auto-aim feature you'll have to find the next target manually. Slow going.

I am not seeing anything in my PMs or the Interest thread about a -2 threshold... Mind jogging my memory?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Could that go into an information thread so it's easier to find? (Also, I know that the mines don't link to the city, but the characters don't.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Could that go into an information thread so it's easier to find?
Sure.

(Also, I know that the mines don't link to the city, but the characters don't.)
I figured as much, then again, nobody is else is certain of that either. I'm looking forward to testing my random dungeon generator.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I am not seeing anything in my PMs or the Interest thread about a -2 threshold... Mind jogging my memory?
Oh, I meant the description of the power in the aWoD thread.

Clinging
The character can hold themselves onto vertical surfaces and even ceilings for extended periods of time without special equipment or apparent effort. They can easily move up or down sheer surfaces at the rate of a steady walk, and scuttle across ceilings at the rate of a careful walk without danger or exertion. When such a character attempts to pull Wuxia or Spiderman inspired stunts involving running on walls or brachiating over a crowd they find this much easier, because they can support their weight merely by putting a hand against a wall. For practical purposes, this means that such stunts are much less extreme for them than they appear to outsiders. The thresholds are generally reduced by 2 (a crazy extreme stunt would be merely a professional stunt from their perspective).
Wasn't sure if "crawling straight up a wall" was an inherent effect of the power, or if it was just a side effect of reducing stunt check TNs by 2. Uh, if that makes sense.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Wasn't sure if "crawling straight up a wall" was an inherent effect of the power, or if it was just a side effect of reducing stunt check TNs by 2. Uh, if that makes sense.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the grapple claw. The Clinger power doesn't affect anything on your end, it effects the difficulty threshold I'll be having your character roll against. Basically, it's the same as getting +6 to climb, but we roll less dice instead.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Is there room for 1 more? I'd be interested in making a character.

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Interested, brewing up a knightly type character.

Also, would it be a good idea to PM you a preliminary character sheet or should I post it directly to the character sheet archive?

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Still have room. I'm only going to run 8 players until I have a more stable time schedule.

Go ahead and post preliminary character sheets. The most important part is a competed background story and character description.

Last edited: