What's new

Interest and OCC Thread

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Interest and OCC Thread

I don't mind waiting a bit. I'll just go with the flow, whatever works best really.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Ditto. Whatever works best, Im not in any huge hurry.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Well I believe I'm done now anyhow XD

The Taken just has to approve it and I moved some stuff around last... I dunno if he'll like that and I might have to change it back.

Also I'm not sure if I can give her wings <.<

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I have no real idea of something to post in the game thread, but in the interest of moving along...

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Only concern is that Triacca was invited to stay after the meeting to discuss something with the General.

-------

@ TheWeirdOne: I like you back story. It is a bit extreme, and has a few things that don't make sense in this setting, but we can just pass it off as widespread panic and ignorance. Mechanical errors, we'll need to address.

First is Siehydra's character sheet.
  • I'm fine with letting your character choose 'Pole arms' as a specialization, though I would have appreciated discussing it ahead of time.
  • You can't pick 'Senses' as a Perception special, you have to pick one of the six senses. Touch, Sight, Taste, Smell, Sound, and Spirit.
  • Who are Siehydra and Teeu indebted too? If you're referring to Siehydra being incepted to Teeu, you may not do that. The characters are bonded to each other in both a family, and the fact that you are playing two characters. Please pick another obligation.

Right, so corruption and magic is a bit complicated. The first is that you need to pick an appropriate corruption path. If you want Siehydra to become more bridy, then that's the Column on the table we'll be rolling on. That means you beneficial corruption is Birdy.

The next is what we call you power points from this corruption. Since 'Birdy' is an angelic corruption, Siehydra has a pool of angelic power points, notation 'ap'.

Then there's the inherent corruption effects. For Harpies, that's feathers and chicken legs, and the actually useful Hawk Vision, which grants specialization in awareness (Sight, daylight only) Now you only need to pick the first physical manifestation of Siehydra's corruption. You options are Glowing Eyes, Strange Eyes or Glowing Halo.

so feel free to take a look at it.

Finally, lets deal with the powers you have chose. The first problem is that you can't advance a discipline to... advanced level without first having two basic powers from it, so right there you have two powers you shouldn't, and two advanced disciplines with only a single basic power.

The second problem is that you have five powers chosen from the universal list, however the power you get from benefiting from a corruption must come from the sorceries, which are described after the Presence discipline.

-------

Now for Teeu. The first thing I noticed is that his beneficial corruption is Tomb-Tainted. Again, that's not one of the options. There are eight possibilities, but since you didn't not down a corrupted power pool or give him a recharge method, I'm assuming he isn't actually corrupted at all. That means he either has an Edge of 4 (not 3) or a Potence of 2 (not 1). Unless you want him to benefit from being corrupted...

There will be no Kung Fu in this game. Fist weapons are banned. Pick daggers if you want to use two at once. :mad:

Teeu also has six too many skill points. Deduct them, please. (I'd remove the tactics skill and place that special into Research (Interrogation), since Teeu has not formal training in tactics, and would be more focused on getting information from people.)

As for his obligation, the part about people being vengeful for steeling food seams petty. However, the part about artifact retrieval guardians is really cool. Just remove the part about the Dark Moon corrupting their programming, and leave it at that.

As for his powers, you've done the same thing as with Seihydra, in that Teeu has advanced disciplines and powers, but only one basic power. Please rearrange the powers to reflect the basic nature of these exalted's power level.

Also, jot down a note of a Tomb-Tainted's daylight sensitivity somewhere.

So, it sounds like your characters have been using the street rat background, but their stat arrays already reflect it. BUT some of their stats don't reflect their personality. Give Siehydra four ranks in Empathy, and Teeu two ranks in Expression and specialization in (writing). Siehydra is keenly aware of Teeu's larceny, and Teeu has read enough poetry to be able to write some of his own at passable level.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

EDIT: Meh Never mind

and I did write down a note of Teeu's sensitivity to the sun.

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

If you change it, I'll have to change the bonuses I give out. Which can be a rel pain in the butt.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

If you change it, I'll have to change the bonuses I give out. Which can be a rel pain in the butt.
Decided not to...

About the pole arms, what's wrong with it? A scythe is a type of pole arm so if she decided to use a different type of weapon like a Bardiche or Halberd it would be alot similar to using a scythe. Do you want us to choose specializations based on weapon or something?

I know you said it's ok just wondering.

EDIT: I think you were reading it when I was still editing everything little bits at a time <.< Teeu alerady had more Potence and some other stuff you said was already corrected by me last night. If you want me to change something back that I changed last night or anything just tell me.

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

There is nothing wrong with choosing pole arms, I just would have appreciated you asking about it before hand.

Going over your sheet again. New errors have popped up.

Seihydra's beneficial corruption is still off. Also, now her potence is 2 instead of 1, which isn't right if she's going to be Angelic.

Also, if she is supposed to be corrupted, she has one too many universal powers, and is short of one from the sorceries list.

She's also short a specialization, or not, depending on what you want. Her Hawk Eyes provides Sight during the day, but you can go a head and have the bonus all the time as a specialization.

And again. What is up with this obligation? The Black Moon doesn't curse people, it outright corrupts them and absorbs them. Witches, demons and all sorts of magical creatures keep putting curses on people, but the Black Moon just consumes. A character's personality can not be a suitable form of obligation.

Secondly, whatever reason Seihydra has for reclaiming Mirafar is her own, magical brain damage or not, and is in no way something suitable as an Obligation. Every player is going to Mirafar regardless of their other obligations. That's what this obligation is about, something that either will try to pull the character away from Mirafar, or continuously put obstacles they can stab in the way.

Now Teeu. If he isn't corrupted then he doesn't have a beneficial corruption. Tomb-Tainted and Harpy are not beneficial corruption types. Those are races, not corruption.

Also, his Potence or Edge is one point to low. Could Seihydra have gotten that point by accident?

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Well then, I obviously confused Teeu's and Sie's char sheet -_-

and yeah I'll change everything. SOrry about everythign <.<

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Decided not to...

About the pole arms, what's wrong with it? A scythe is a type of pole arm so if she decided to use a different type of weapon like a Bardiche or Halberd it would be alot similar to using a scythe. Do you want us to choose specializations based on weapon or something?
Technically, no it wouldn't. A scythe requires you to pull inward as you swing due to the fact the blade faces in towards you instead of outward from the shaft. It's essentially a reaping motion versus a chopping motion.

Not that that's important, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Odd, the magic link in the info thread seems to highlight, but not actually go anywhere when you click it.

Patience of the Mountains makes you immune to poison, right? So then, let's say I punched into a beehive. Besides the thousands of little pinpricks and bees flying and crawling over me, with it bother me at all? Or could I just stand there and flip the bees off until the entire hive dies from stinging me?

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I'll check that link out.

Yep, the bee venom won't hurt you, though you'll probably still take damage from the stingers if you have a low STR.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Looks like splitting the threads may have been silly. I'll see your decision before figuring whether to merge them back together.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Thanks for the advice Taken on obligations and the cape.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Writing up a game thread for the next three players. Prepare to be raped- I mean, have some fun.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

o.o I'm kinda curious if Indrick intended for what Bellisera said to be heard by Siehydra and Teeu.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Our thread seems to have stopped.

IndrickBoreale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yep, Bellisera is arrogant so she would have said it loud enough for both of them to hear.