What's new

Interest and OCC Thread

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Interest and OCC Thread

Hummm, I may need to step up my characters personality a bit, because right now she's starting to seem like the plain girl from The Office.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Huh. Should I be playing my maids, too, right now? I could probably get some characterization or whatever if I bounced off them or something, and it might give me some descriptive meat outside of one-liner descriptions of how I'm standing.

I'm still very unsure what to do with Daz. This is problematic.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Huh. Should I be playing my maids, too, right now? I could probably get some characterization or whatever if I bounced off them or something, and it might give me some descriptive meat outside of one-liner descriptions of how I'm standing.
No, the maids are NPCs, so I'll be running them. But since you specifically picked them you can give me some personality bits. So far I have stoic, professional but still friendly for one, shy, enthusiastic and crushing for the other.

If you work on gaining more servants, I'll generate them myself. :D

I'm still very unsure what to do with Daz. This is problematic.
:eek: :confused:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That sounds pretty good. Though, I imagine Han to keep herself more neutral and distant than friendly when she deals with unfamiliar people. Also, she takes a lot of pride in herself and as Alice's "right hand".

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Not sure what's going on in messengers. Are people just talking about engaging zombies, or are they actually gonna move out? Cause you can do that all in one post, using the word 'if' to provide a possible condition.

Quartz

Reputation score

I think we're ready to move out.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I was intending to fight them with Siehydra and just have Teeu tag along, I'll edit but it probably won't be good because I'm in a horrible mood at the moment.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I was intending to fight them with Siehydra and just have Teeu tag along, I'll edit but it probably won't be good because I'm in a horrible mood at the moment.
Nay! Don't blarg in a bad mood. You must be relaxed to let the creativity flow with positive ki.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tempted to make Hannibel Koolaid man into the tent. Decided against it.

Quartz

Reputation score

So, I edited my last post in the messengers thread a little bit to make it a bit clearer.

Also since I was wondering this the other day during character creation, what are the limits of the bitter fruit spell thingy? Just medicine, poison, and the listed effects? Or is there room for creativity there?

Last edited:

Quartz

Reputation score

Double post but I have another question, does being mounted have any bearing on combat?

Also, sorry if you were waiting on me to post. I was celebrating germany losing, and me winning a bet yesterday, and didnt feel like posting drunk.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Double post but I have another question, does being mounted have any bearing on combat?

Also, sorry if you were waiting on me to post. I was celebrating germany losing, and me winning a bet yesterday, and didnt feel like posting drunk.
I was in a terrible mood for a while or else I would have posted.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Yes. Mounts are much faster than you, and provides another target for enemies to attack. Mounts have a huge Soak value from Strength, which off sets their abysmal Agility. The rider's Animal Ken skill increases the threshold to hit them by an opposed roll, and the Kite Shield further enhances this by 1.

War trained mounts don't freak out in combat at all, and also use your Animal Ken skill instead of their own Combat skill to attack (sometimes with a good natural weapon, like teeth or claws), unless their Combat skill is higher anyway. They also benefit from your edge to resist things like mental magical effects. Keeping an untrained mount from freaking out is a threshold 2 challenged, while keeping a wild animal from freaking out in combat is a threshold 3 challenged.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Note these down on you character sheet under Other Bonuses, TheWeirdOne.

Seihydra has achieved first blood.
Seihydra has killed the first monster of the game.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Note these down on you character sheet under Other Bonuses, TheWeirdOne.

Seihydra has achieved first blood.
Seihydra has killed the first monster of the game.
This made me giggle quit alot.

Quartz

Reputation score

Hah, I see a lot of Bellisera getting left behind as Elyna and Sie celerity charge shit in the future.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I am just going to point out for the sake of hopefully moving things along: I have nothing to add to the thread at this time.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I WAS planning on an elaborate off-the-cuff supply tent medkit heist, but it was probably stupid. Potentially awesome if I pulled it off, but just stupid otherwise.

How big is the supply tent, anyway? I'm sorta envisioning a dinky wigwam teepee lean-to with like three crates and a girl squeezed in someplace, but that's probably silly for... what was it? Seven tents of hospital beds?

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

The open tents are large enough to act as a a small party hall in the middle of a street. They are designed to keep lots wounded soldiers out of the rain while medics have access to them for life saving treatment surgery. The quality of this environment is just good enough to not modify the threshold to heal someone. The supply tent is the same size, it's just got its flaps closed.