What's new

Interest Check for a Star Wars game.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Title says it all, or most at least. To be honest, I'm not feeling confident about running one, so if anyone else has the gumption, that'd be great. Maybe it's just the restlessness of vacation getting to me, but if nobody steps up, I might try myself after all.

Preferred timeline is Old Republic, offers the largest variety in general, and the most open feeling. I have a few ideas bouncing around, and i can upload some pdfs for books when i get home, if the general consensus requires we use a system.

Thoughts, anyone?

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Interest Check for a Star Wars game.

I wish to punch a Jawa.

Unrelatedly:

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, why not?

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tentative interest.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

that's four people so far, one more and we would have a decent group to use the books with. Are any of you stepping up to attempt running it, by chance? I really would prefer to be the last option, heh.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Have to see... No guarantees, but I think that I *might* be able to convince one of the GMs from my old offline RPing group to join the forum to run.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are we intending to use the Saga edition? because those are the ones I have the pdfs for.

And uh... how many jedi are we going to have?

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jedi are nerds.

Nnneeeeerrrrddssss.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I dont recall which edition is which, i have pdfs for the older edition, paralell to 3.5, not 4th.

As for jedi, i‘m hoping to play a force user, will probably slip into some grey area eventually, but trained jedi at least. Havent really chatted characters yet, so i have no idea what anyone else is planning.

Some fresh blood would be interesting. I try to avoid bringing offline friends here myself, too private a person. If you wanna try though, by all means, we‘ll play nice, eh? :D

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

<_>

I wish to be a Wookiee with ALL the damage resistance, and facetank speeder blasters like a gangster.

Or alternatively, an R2-Beep-boop that will hack all of the things and be the trashcan overlord of all electronic, ala .

If I have to be all like, normal, though, I could do a Scoundrel I guessss. Rogue shenanigans are pretty good times.

There's a d20 Star Wars and a d6 Star Wars (by West End, the Spirit of the Century guys), IIRC - I'm p. sure most of the Star Wars RPG stories I've heard have run off the former, but I'm trying to look into the later too, because d20s suck. <_>

From what I've heard, the d6 version makes Forcing and Jediing around REALLY shitty and hard, though, which is bad for people who want to lasersword it up. So, wuhh.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

This would be a play-by-post, right?

As for systems, there's also the all-new Edge of the Empire by the same company that makes the WH40k RPGs, though that one doesn't have rules for playing a jedi, apparently.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A couple of things from my end.

First, Saga Edition is the 4Ed version, and it's probably better to use the 3.5 for d20 system... Especially if I get the person I talked to in. (That's what they're more familiar with running.)

Second, the Edge of the Empire stuff was very specifically set up for stuff between Eps 3 & 4, which means to use it for other timeframes would mean a shite-tonne of improvising, which some people don't like.

Of course, if we do the Cold War era (Pre-SWTOR to early section of SWTOR), for instance, my potential GM contact would have to do a small amount of improv on some stuff, unless there's a pdf that covers that out.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are you sure that the Saga Edition is 4E? Because I swear the ones I have seem a lot more like 3.5 edition.

Not that I really know much about 4E because I've never played it. But having played 3.5 and this saga one, they seem very similar.

Concepts in my mind right now is a soldier class hired gun working for a smuggler captain, so if anyone wanted to play a scoundrel captain, we could have a shared backstory.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Saga *is* 4th.

There are similarities between 3.5 and 4, but someone in my old offline RP group, if memory serves, did confirm that Saga Edition is 4th ed. And it was someone who'd dealt with 4th ed.

Armacalic

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Guess I'm interested also, was thinking about being a pilot, if it's allowed or something.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah well crap. I don't have any of the 3.5 stuff.

Would rather steer clear of the West End d6 game. And with regards to the d100 system for the 40k stuff, I'd rather just play Dark Heresy with that.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

4e style skills, defences instead of saves, no iterative attacks based on BAB. Sounds a lot more like 4e, though it was published 2007 while 4e came out 2008.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, as for the 3.5 stuff, I'm pretty sure that Shrike has that covered.

If not, I can probably find what I did with the PDFs I used the one time I tried to run a 3.5 SW deal on here.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Saga would be the 4e for SW, yeah. it's not a perfect translation, but similar enough. I would prefer the other one, but i'm alright for either, especially if they've released a race book for it by now, they hadn't the last time.

I only have three or four books in total, but they're more or less the important ones. I'll go see what i can drum up for others.

For Cold War Era knowledge, there's a few wikis about we could use for general info, if your friend shows up and needs it.

EDIT: found about 2 gigs worth of pdfs for both systems, downloading now. :3

Last edited:

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, so I've confirmed that my potential GM is interested and willing to do this.

The big question is: Which era do you want to run in? Options he's given are as follows...

Cold War Era - This is basically the KOTOR/SWTOR era.

Prequel Era - Eps 1-3

Original Trilogy Era - Eps 4-6